Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Stripping Progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well...have a couple of days scrapping away at the interior of my car, I have completely removed all the factory tar paper and sound deadening. Now I have to start stripping the paint out and grinding away the seam sealer.

I know that Brad thinks highly of this procedure to both 911 chassis and 914 chassis and after doing this I would have to agree. I thought I had a rust free tub, but I was mistaken...I found some areas of surface rust in the corners of rear deck and some on the floor boards. I also straightened out the floorboards from people jacking the car up incorrectly. Its getting there.

For the weight freaks here...all the tar paper and sound deadening stuff weighed 30 lbs!!

-Britain
Britain Smith
After...
Britain Smith
30lbs!!
Jeff Bonanno
sheesh! ohmy.gif

heat gun or dry ice?
redshift
Heat!

Brit, man... where is the damned firewall!?

wink.gif

M
Britain Smith
LOL! That is the damn firewall...I am blessed with more room that you.

This is one of the tools that I used to strip it. I will be using a hand grinder and chemical stripper to remove the rest of the paint.
redshift
It looks prosthetic. Robo-Strip.

If you hit it with a little kerosene, and a wire brush, things will move along a lil faster, at that point.

Since you are stripping paint too, may want to nix the kero, and go right to the chemical strip, and a wire brush.

If you can get the room temp up around 75-80, should be a cakewalk.

M
Gint
Brake cleaner will take the leftover tar right off.
redshift
laugh.gif

He's right, take care not to start a fire though.

M
Joe Ricard
OK enough with the fire jokes spank.gif

beer3.gif
swood
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jan 29 2004, 07:30 PM)
OK enough with the fire jokes spank.gif

beer3.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif agree.gif
w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
welder.gif beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.