Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Regulator panel wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
The T4 connector on the regulator/relay panel is not marked to indicate which connector is which. Can someone confirm if I've numbered these correctly. I think they are because the yellow wire is supposed to go to T4-2 which is one of the two rear connections.

According to the electrical schematic T4-2 and T4-4 are tied together and go to ignition switch. On my car, there is a black wire (see photo) which leads to a switch under the dash which is connected to the fuel pump. The engine was carb'ed which I have removed and reinstalled the fuel injection.

According the schematic T4-1 and T4-3 go a "power supply relay" which I assume is how the fuel pump is currently operated.

I'm going to set the fuel pump circuit up how it's supposed to be. Any advice?

Click to view attachment

ejm
Which FI system are you installing? They are not wired the same. "Yellow wire" is L-jet which does not use the relays on the board. The pump is powered by the dual relay. Look at the AFC/MPC diagrams here. T4 pinout in the pic below.

zonedoubt
QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 2 2008, 03:48 PM) *

T4 pinout in the pic below.

Thanks, that makes sense. The pump was set up to run whenever the ignition was on. I wired it back up to the harness per the schematic.
swl
Damn - just had a look at the l-jet diagram and it sucks.

In the d-jet
Pin 1 provides power to the ecu - (doesn't appear to be used in l-jet? power supplied by dual relay)
Pin 2 informs the ecu that the starter is turning (l-jet provides that to the dual relay - somehow associated with Aux Air?)
Pin 3 is what turns the fuel pump on - ecu grounds it. (can't find it in l-jet - no link between part 2 and 3)
Pin 4 is tied to pin 2 and feeds the cold start valve. (l-jet seems to use only pin 2 and ties to the cold start at the dual relay)

The Power Relay is not the fuel pump relay. It provides switched power to the solenoid of the fuel pump relay and the ecu.
swl
ah - there it is. Looks like the l-jet doesn't use the fuel pump relay at all. Feeds power from the dual relay through T12/12. It looks like there are some conditions on when that relay engages but I can't figure that out.
swl
should have gone to search rather than haynes smile.gif

look here- http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=71568
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.