Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG Worries HELP dry valves!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Gilbert
ok i bought this car last week and it has not been ran in years.but i did get it running and have ran it several time since.i go to take the vavle cover off to adjust the valves and no oil ran out and everything under the valve cover is dry. what the heck is wrong with this picture?is my oil pump not working?am i just clueless to how this engine works?please help. oh its a 72 with a 1.7, mike(yes it has oil, 3qt.s)
dbgriffith75
If the car hasn't been run in years, it's possible that there's gunk in the valve stems and/or pushrods that's preventing oil from being pushed through. It's also possible that the oil sump is plugged.

And this is just my personal advice, but even though you've got the car running, I reccomend a rebuild. It's hard telling what might be floating around in that engine, even if you've changed the oil.
r_towle
4 quarts would be better...

Rich
Mike Gilbert
i found out now that i have a blown head gasket so the motors coming out for that.the other cylinders have great compression.not much if any smoke on start up.has some blowby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.