Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: club members deserve preferential treatment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It has gone on long enough! We treat all customers the same and I am tired of it. Starting monday aug 18 2008 914 world members will get preferential treatment here at Automobile Atlanta. We will put your orders at the head of the line much like the overnight orders so that you will have the parts in your hands much more quickly than normal!
The key here is to be sure to tell us that you are a WORLD member! We will note it in your customer file, and voila, you are at the head of the pack!
So.Cal.914
Nice...10% off would be nicer. smile.gif
markb
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 12 2008, 02:16 PM) *

agree.gif biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
George,
What is your level of service for fulfillment. I'm in the custom manufacturing business and my customers wine when I give them 2-3 week turn around. I think people think orders are picked and packed as fast as they can click the button to place the order.
strawman
Hi George --

I just emailed an order (passenger inner rocker, jack post/support, passenger sill plate and passenger side rear floorpan triangle)... but I didn't mention that I'm a 914world member. Please move me to the head of the line! biggrin.gif

Geoff
Davis, CA
Wes V
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 12 2008, 03:16 PM) *

I totally agree!

I've never felt that, or posted that, there is a problem with how long it takes for an item to be shipped out of your company.

Of course that's talking about items you have in inventory (you have the largest) and don't have problems with your suppliers (which is out of your control in most cases).

You could make the 10% applicable to people that have done a minimum posting on 914World of 180 posts, to keep out "quicky" members. Or you could make it applicable after they buy a minimum of $650.00 (of course, being in a group buy for flares would count). (I think I covered myself pretty well)

Wes V
Smitty911
QUOTE(Wes V @ Aug 12 2008, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 12 2008, 03:16 PM) *

I totally agree!

I've never felt that, or posted that, there is a problem with how long it takes for an item to be shipped out of your company.

Of course that's talking about items you have in inventory (you have the largest) and don't have problems with your suppliers (which is out of your control in most cases).

You could make the 10% applicable to people that have done a minimum posting on 914World of 180 posts, to keep out "quicky" members. Or you could make it applicable after they buy a minimum of $650.00 (of course, being in a group buy for flares would count). (I think I covered myself pretty well)

Wes V

Not sure if I agree, He is in business to make enough money to live on and continue to bring us parts we need.

If he gives everyone who complians a "Head of the Pack Free" than it's of no value cause everyone has it and it will take just as long.

So order the parts, if you need it quick, I'm sure there could be a Head of the Pack Fee attached.

Flame on ar15.gif

When I ordered parts they came, UPS took longer to ship than AA did to pull and pack. What's the big deal. huh.gif

Smitty

monkeyboy
Good, my next round of parts will be faster!

Thanks.
736conver
How about just get the order right when shipped. Mine has been wrong three times. Once I even got an order that I didnt place.

How about letting the customer know that all the items might not ship at the same time and let them have the option to wait and not pay extra shipping.

Moving people ahead of the line just seems like more of a hurry up and get the ordered screwed up more.

Rant over.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 12 2008, 04:49 PM) *

How about just get the order right when shipped. Mine has been wrong three times. Once I even got an order that I didnt place.

How about letting the customer know that all the items might not ship at the same time and let them have the option to wait and not pay extra shipping.

Moving people ahead of the line just seems like more of a hurry up and get the ordered screwed up more.

Rant over.

that is what this is all about. Thank you for the good comments
auerbach
George-- add me to the list of 914 World members. Carrie has my two orders from yesterday. Thanks.
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 12 2008, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 12 2008, 04:49 PM) *

Rant over.

that is what this is all about. Thank you for the good comments

Hey George..
Please add me to the list of World members at AA also. I have orders placed with you now. Keep up the good work you do for us southern boy's.
Thanks
Jay K. Park
TravisNeff
So if I order from AA along with notating that I am a world member can you also note that I am handsome and possibly hostile, we all want to be like Wills, lol. :smile.gif:all in fun.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 12 2008, 09:53 PM) *

So if I order from AA along with notating that I am a world member can you also note that I am handsome and possibly hostile, we all want to be like Wills, lol. :smile.gif:all in fun.

A lot of handsome guys are hostile, especially to woman. Look at pretty boy John Edwards!
ericread
I DON'T GET IT...

George offers preferential treatment for "World" club members, and everyone bitches because they want more??? screwy.gif

Kinda makes you wonder why he bothers with us at all???

Eric Read
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(ericread @ Aug 13 2008, 08:03 AM) *

I DON'T GET IT...

Thats OK, it doesn't make you a bad person.
LvSteveH
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 13 2008, 07:35 AM) *

A lot of handsome guys are hostile, especially to woman. Look at pretty boy John Edwards!

That's it, from now on I'm calling you pretty boy George laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
As a long time customer, I think the overall level of service has been very favorable. Sure there was a mistake or two along the way, they were corrected. I am just glad AA is still around to provide the parts.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 13 2008, 08:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

The guy on the left looks like a skeleton head covered with skin!
So.Cal.914
I spent 6 months in the N.East last year. I was not sure how I was being accepted,

my Cousin asked me "Are they fucking with you?" When I told him "Yes" he said

then I was doing Great. It's when people stop dicking with you is when you worry.

I think George knows this.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 13 2008, 08:20 AM) *

I spent 6 months in the N.East last year. I was not sure how I was being accepted,

my Cousin asked me "Are they fucking with you?" When I told him "Yes" he said

then I was doing Great. It's when people stop dicking with you is when you worry.

I think George knows this.

GREAT point made!
scottb
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 12 2008, 06:12 PM) *

It has gone on long enough! We treat all customers the same and I am tired of it. Starting monday aug 18 2008 914 world members will get preferential treatment here at Automobile Atlanta. We will put your orders at the head of the line much like the overnight orders so that you will have the parts in your hands much more quickly than normal!
The key here is to be sure to tell us that you are a WORLD member! We will note it in your customer file, and voila, you are at the head of the pack!

thanks george... appreciate it.

beerchug.gif

scott
marks914
QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 12 2008, 03:49 PM) *

Rant over.

I agree,
To many parts showing up MONTHS later, after I found them elsewhere

Mark
MoveQik
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 12 2008, 09:53 PM) *

can you also note that I am handsome and possibly hostile, we all want to be like Wills, lol. :smile.gif:all in fun.

I'm mobile.....agile and hostile. biggrin.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 13 2008, 08:14 AM) *

As a long time customer, I think the overall level of service has been very favorable. Sure there was a mistake or two along the way, they were corrected. I am just glad AA is still around to provide the parts.

agree.gif beerchug.gif
SGB
Hey he is trying here. Anything that makes your order more visable will help you get it sooner. smile.gif
sww914
After 25 years of ordering parts I know that no parts guy is perfect. Some are really good, some really bad.
I'd rather be an African American Transvestite Teenager in a small town full of white people in the deep south than be a parts guy.
No matter how good you really are you'll only ever hear about your faults.
It is not my intent to offend any African American Transvestite Teenagers in the south or anywhere else, it just seems like a pretty hard situation either way.
plymouth37
QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 13 2008, 10:43 PM) *

It is not my intent to offend any African American Transvestite Teenagers in the south or anywhere else, it just seems like a pretty hard situation either way.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
nsr-jamie
Hi George, I'm a member here too (NSR Jamie) and the guy in Japan who just recieved my order....I sent you a private message, could you check it out and get back to me please. Thank you

Jamie
So.Cal.914

Good thing I am no longer a teenager, or an African American, or a Transvestite.

Otherwise I might be insulted...

biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
At least your not Irish....
So.Cal.914
What? sad.gif I gotta grow bunny ears and hair on my butt to get my pic on the board? smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 13 2008, 07:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Geez! I wake up a little late only to find out that George is now John Edwards Hussey!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Aug 13 2008, 11:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Anyone else notice that Edwards combs his hair to left and George to right? stirthepot.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 14 2008, 01:43 AM) *

You didn't. You insulted whites in the deep South. [rant]Other stereotypes are off limits but it's OK to label us? At least we don't have to worry about gay marriage here or a gay pride holiday mandated in our public schools.[/rant] Alright, I feel better now. We can resume our regular programming. beer.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Aug 15 2008, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 14 2008, 01:43 AM) *

You didn't. You insulted whites in the deep South. [rant]Other stereotypes are off limits but it's OK to label us? At least we don't have to worry about gay marriage here or a gay pride holiday mandated in our public schools.[/rant] Alright, I feel better now. We can resume our regular programming. beer.gif

Don't look now but woman were given the right to vote first on the East Coast.

The original open-minded society. I have to say VA will probably be the last

though.
johnlush

though.

Wyoming's on the east coast? East coast of Utah maybe! poke.gif

And for an on topic comment, George while I appreciate your intention I find it a bit disturbing to think that if I were to order from you again and failed to mention my World membership that my order would somehow mean less to you.

John
dbgriffith75
The one time I ordered a part from AA, it was here (to Iowa) within a week after payment had been sent. And it was the right part. Sure, that was a one time order for me, but as of late I haven't been able to do anything resto wise as my shoulder is all f**ked up. If I run into any more parts I need and have trouble finding, AA will likely be the first one I call.

Keep up the good work... and bitch slap anybody that gives you any shit. biggrin.gif
klikkid3
sad.gif Dang, wish I would have seen this when I put my order in a couple of days ago.
So.Cal.914
[quote name='johnlush' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:35 AM' post='1067516']
[/quote]

though.
[/quote]

And for an on topic comment, George while I appreciate your intention I find it a bit disturbing to think that if I were to order from you again and failed to mention my World membership that my order would somehow mean less to you.

John
[/quote]

Allow me to rephrase that, it all started it the east and finished in the east. Tennessee no less...They (woman) had an Amendment that legally gave them the right to vote. Utah also had Polygamy until 1890, didn't make it the law of the land. My .02

[quote] Introduction
The beginning of the fight for women suffrage is usually traced to the "Declaration of Sentiments" produced at the first woman's rights convention in Seneca Falls, N. Y. in 1848. Four years later, at the Woman's Rights Convention in Syracuse in 1852, Susan B. Anthony joined the fight, arguing that "the right women needed above every other...was the right of suffrage."
During debates on the Reconstruction Amendments which extended the vote to ex-slaves (through the 15th Amendment), suffragists pushed hard for "universal suffrage," but they never had a chance.

In 1872, a suffragists brought a series of court challenges designed to test whether voting was a "privilege" of "U. S. citizenship" now belonging to women by virtue of the recently adopted 14th Amendment. One such challenge grew out of a criminal prosecution of Susan B. Anthony for illegally voting in the 1872 election. The first case to make its way to the Supreme Court, however, was Minor vs Happersett (1875). In Minor, a unanimous Court rejected the argument that either the privileges and immunities clause or the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment extended the vote to women. Following Minor, suffragists turned their attention from the courts to the states and to Congress.

In 1878, a constitutional amendment was proposed that provided "The right of citizens to vote shall not be abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex." This same amendment would be introduced in every session of Congress for the next 41 years.

In July 1890, the Territory of Wyoming, which allowed women to vote, was admitted as a state. Wyoming became the first state with women suffrage. By 1900, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho joined Wyoming in allowing women to vote.

In 1912, Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive (Bull Moose) Party became the first national political party to have a plank supporting women suffrage. The tide was beginning to turn.

In May, 1919, the necessary two-thirds vote in favor of the women suffrage amendment was finally mustered in Congress, and the proposed amendment was sent to the states for ratification. By July 1920, with a number of primarily southern states adamantly opposed to the amendment, it all came down to Tennessee. It appeared that the amendment might fail by one vote in the Tennessee house, but twenty-four-year-old Harry Burn surprised observers by casting the deciding vote for ratification. At the time of his vote, Burns had in his pocket a letter he had received from his mother urging him, "Don't forget to be a good boy" and "vote for suffrage." Women had finally won the vote.

[/quote]
blitZ
This is got to be a first. An AA thread which broke out in a history lesson.

Keep up the good work. thumb3d.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(johnlush @ Aug 15 2008, 09:35 AM) *

though.

John

everyone has their prejudice. I just happen to love 914s best. Most of our orders are for 944 parts and then 911 parts and then 356 parts. They all usually go out that day, but the service means that for example if the 914 member order needs a used part that is up the street on one of the dearly departed we will try to get it that day instead of waiting until the next day to retrieve it with all of the other parts on the list. Less efficient but more 914 world oriented
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 14 2008, 08:52 AM) *

NICE! As George Augustine Hussey IV, who's great great grandfather Patrick came over during the Irish potato famine and worked his Irish Catholic butt off monitoring a lock on the Delaware canal and raising 12 children on his farm, I am proud to be an Irish American Catholic and want you to retract your derogatory remark towards our race as my thin skinned ethnic mentality is VERY offended. Long live the Pope!
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 15 2008, 12:10 PM) *

NICE! As George Augustine Hussey IV, who's great great grandfather Patrick came over during the Irish potato famine and worked his Irish Catholic butt off monitoring a lock on the Delaware canal and raising 12 children on his farm, I am proud to be an Irish American Catholic and want you to retract your derogatory remark towards our race as my thin skinned ethnic mentality is VERY offended. Long live the Pope!

I drank Irish Whiskey last night ...
biggrin.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 15 2008, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 15 2008, 12:10 PM) *

I drank Irish Whiskey last night ...
biggrin.gif Andy

Thank you. Bushmills is our national drink.
ventedrib
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 15 2008, 01:28 PM) *

Does that mean that after all these years I'll finally git a free autoatlanta tee shirt.

though.

John

Allow me to rephrase that, it all started it the east and finished in the east. Tennessee no less...They (woman) had an Amendment that legally gave them the right to vote. Utah also had Polygamy until 1890, didn't make it the law of the land. My .02

Introduction
The beginning of the fight for women suffrage is usually traced to the "Declaration of Sentiments" produced at the first woman's rights convention in Seneca Falls, N. Y. in 1848. Four years later, at the Woman's Rights Convention in Syracuse in 1852, Susan B. Anthony joined the fight, arguing that "the right women needed above every other...was the right of suffrage."
During debates on the Reconstruction Amendments which extended the vote to ex-slaves (through the 15th Amendment), suffragists pushed hard for "universal suffrage," but they never had a chance.

In 1872, a suffragists brought a series of court challenges designed to test whether voting was a "privilege" of "U. S. citizenship" now belonging to women by virtue of the recently adopted 14th Amendment. One such challenge grew out of a criminal prosecution of Susan B. Anthony for illegally voting in the 1872 election. The first case to make its way to the Supreme Court, however, was Minor vs Happersett (1875). In Minor, a unanimous Court rejected the argument that either the privileges and immunities clause or the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment extended the vote to women. Following Minor, suffragists turned their attention from the courts to the states and to Congress.

In 1878, a constitutional amendment was proposed that provided "The right of citizens to vote shall not be abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex." This same amendment would be introduced in every session of Congress for the next 41 years.

In July 1890, the Territory of Wyoming, which allowed women to vote, was admitted as a state. Wyoming became the first state with women suffrage. By 1900, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho joined Wyoming in allowing women to vote.

In 1912, Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive (Bull Moose) Party became the first national political party to have a plank supporting women suffrage. The tide was beginning to turn.

In May, 1919, the necessary two-thirds vote in favor of the women suffrage amendment was finally mustered in Congress, and the proposed amendment was sent to the states for ratification. By July 1920, with a number of primarily southern states adamantly opposed to the amendment, it all came down to Tennessee. It appeared that the amendment might fail by one vote in the Tennessee house, but twenty-four-year-old Harry Burn surprised observers by casting the deciding vote for ratification. At the time of his vote, Burns had in his pocket a letter he had received from his mother urging him, "Don't forget to be a good boy" and "vote for suffrage." Women had finally won the vote.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
EVERYONE who placed a 200 plus order from the new catalog is entitled to one with their order.

QUOTE(ventedrib @ Aug 15 2008, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 15 2008, 01:28 PM) *

Does that mean that after all these years I'll finally git a free autoatlanta tee shirt.

though.

John

Introduction

Gustl
o.k. - I didn't read all this stuff, because it would take me too long

but could you please correct that quote thing - so it would be clear who's quoting what and so on wacko.gif

btw - I absolutely love Kilkenny beer

IPB Image

beer3.gif Gustl
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 15 2008, 02:59 PM) *

o.k. - I didn't read all this stuff, because it would take me too long

but could you please correct that quote thing - so it would be clear who's quoting what and so on wacko.gif

btw - I absolutely love Kilkenny beer

beer3.gif Gustl

thank you for enjoying one of our beers. I wanted to make St. Patrick's day a national holiday and force everyone to work harder that day.
Sleepin
I placed an order with AA the other day, and an order with PP the same day. Parts arrived on the exact same truck! (although the driver did hand me the PP box first!)

poke.gif

Good news to hear though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.