Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
While pulling the motor from my friends car for a top end renewal, and removing the clutch cable I found a 13mm sockett under the adjustment nut. Someone
had put it there so they could adjust the clutch. I took it off and reattached the cable, but without it there was not enough adjustment. My first thought was a very stretched or wrong cable, but its the same length as a new one I have. Pulled clutch today. There is about an eighth inch of clutch left to the rivets. How thick are the faces on a new clutch?
Would a worn out clutch cause the extreme adjustment problem?

Thanks,
steve@ottosvenice.com
Your flywheel has been resurfaced. Steve
TheCabinetmaker
Resurfaced too much I assume?
steve@ottosvenice.com
Maybe not, a lot of 914's have some sort of spacer. You will need to measure the Flywheel to see if it is within spec. Steve
Red-Beard
Which cable do you have? The Terry cable basically is too long. It should be threaded about 1 extra inch and the threading cut off by 1 inch. Even with the spacer, you need to cut the cable.

I am presently using a spare cable pulley bushing, but will use a die to extend the threads before I re-install everything.

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.