Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second Skin Audio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've been doing some sound proofing on a Super Beetle project using the products from SecondSkin. I've been very pleased with everything so far, but I'm especially pleased with the Spectrum product.

Simply brushing it on in three layers made a dramatic improvement in the sound. Tapping on the metal went from "tap, tap, tap" to "thump, thump, thump". VERY COOL! This would be great to use in the doors because it's easy and versatile to apply and quite effective.
Gint
Does it dry hard, thin, etc. Won't absorb moisture, etc...
pete-stevers
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 23 2008, 11:27 PM) *

I've been doing some sound proofing on a Super Beetle project using the products from SecondSkin. I've been very pleased with everything so far, but I'm especially pleased with the Spectrum product.

Simply brushing it on in three layers made a dramatic improvement in the sound. Tapping on the metal went from "tap, tap, tap" to "thump, thump, thump". VERY COOL! This would be great to use in the doors because it's easy and versatile to apply and quite effective.

Why don't you show us a few pics of this bug thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Gint
agree.gif Come on slacker. Pics!
McMark
Gint, it dries hard. It's cleanable and should give suitable moisture protection in most cars (not rally cars cool.gif ).

Here's the sound proofing work. Stripped the paint using aircraft stripper (smilie_pokal.gif). I used POR-15 as directed (metal ready, marine clean) over the bare metal. Then Damplifier Pro (2 layers) and over the top will come Luxury Liner Pro. Spectrum goes on the engine lid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.