Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody ever done this...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I'm thinking about relocating my battery and the main circuit card to my rear trunk. Why? Because this is a /6 and it's kind of a pain having the oil filter under the circuit card. Also I want to try and make the engine compartment look a whole lot cleaner. I am a very competent wiring guy so extending the harness is no big deal. Just wondering if anybody else has ever done this.
Click to view attachment
URY914
Everything has been done several times. biggrin.gif

But that sounds like a good idea. shades.gif
SirAndy
I got rid of my relay board all together ...

Really no need for it if you have a Alternator with the Voltage Regulator build in. The fuel pump is relocated to the front, so no relay needed for that in the back either ...
smash.gif Andy

ahdoman
Andy - How do I know if the alternator has the regulator built in? Also, Are the relays not critical for power on / off? Where did you locate the relay for the fuel pump?
SLITS
Steve .... the alternator in that car is externally regulated hence the use of the relay board for ease. You can eliminate the relay board by wiring direct to the voltage regulator and the 14 pin main body harness.

Going to an internally regulated alternator is expensive. Requires new alterntor and a new tail cone on the alt/fan housing.

Also, the relay for the fuel pump was negated. Power for the fuel pump does come from a relay housing that has the guts "removed" and power is hardwired thru the relay assembly.
ahdoman
Thanks Ron. I remember what you said about the fuel pump but I wasn't sure about the regulator.
Elliot Cannon
Put the battery in the FRONT trunk. (Where it's supposed to be). biggrin.gif
736conver
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.