Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid west get together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scoobykvn
I would be fine with Dayton also, If it is a rainy day I would still come but without my 914. We just need to figure out a date and location. Any Ideas?
Ericv1
Dayton sounds great. I'm only 45 minutes away. Does anyone have a date in mind?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Someone pick a place and date, and lets work on it.

The only time i can't make it is the time of MSUR Ramble in hot springs Ak.

Dave slap.gif
jfort
Dayton is OK with me, too.
jfort
Dayton is OK with me, too.
dflesburg
if we did it the weekend of October 1-4 we could all meet and then caravan over to the Wright Patterson AFB Museum for the OVR PCA "Escape to Birthplace of Aviation" and have a huge 914 presence at the car show there.
scoobykvn
I think meeting in october for the OVR PCA meet would be cool, I should have all of the 'rain protecting' I should need by then. But I think we should meet sooner also. I am anxious to meet with some 914 people. I was thinking sometime in the next month or so.
GaroldShaffer
We are also working on plans for a BBQ here in Portage Indiana sometime in August. Looking at BBQ tech sesssion at my shop. Date is not firm, but looking like August 1st or 22nd. I will start a new thread once we have our date.

If you have on in Ohio, I will do my best to get there also (even if I have trialer just the racecar)

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

O.K. we have Garolds in Aug. , now we need someone in the Dayton, Columbus

area to volunteer a place & pick a time. Let's do it !!!! Dave slap.gif
Jacob
There is one event, in Ohio, in August, we could attend.

The Ohio Tub Fanatics are hosting the "TUBADUBJAM V" at the historic old reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio, on August 21st and 22nd. There will be tours of the reformatory and showings of the "Shawshank Redemption" (was filmed there at the prison). There will be camping on the grounds, Friday night.

The show is open to all Porsche and VW.

Here is a link to the web site: http://www.tubadubjam.com/id26.htm

This is the fifth year for the event (hence the "V" smile.gif ), and it does seem to be gaining in popularity.

The TUBADUBJAM usually winds down round 3:00pm on Saturday, after the awards conclude. That leaves plenty of time to run over to Downtown Mansfield for the 14th annual "Heart of the city Cruise-in". lots of classic cars to see.

Web site: http://www.mansfieldtourism.com/calendar/2...ntown-mansfield

Do you think it may be of interest to you guys?
scoobykvn
That show looks pretty cool, I think I am interested. Is the swap meet usually pretty good for 914 parts?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Well we have 2 volunteers;
Dflesburg- Centerville

Steve Thacker- Pickerton

The winner is : The first to nail down a date,and commit. !!!!!!

Dave
Doug Leggins
Another date to be aware of is July 25th. That is the date for the Porsches 2 Oxford event.

If you are not planning on going -you should. This is a great Porsche show.

porsches2oxford

WOW! It is starting to look like there is alot of Midwest activity for Porsche 914 enthusiasts...GREAT!
scoobykvn
As long as I can afford to get some targa top seals before july 25th I will be going to the P2O show. (Just in case it rains) If not I will still be coming, just not in the 914. Any body else planning on going to this show?
Jacob
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Jun 14 2009, 10:41 PM) *

That show looks pretty cool, I think I am interested. Is the swap meet usually pretty good for 914 parts?

I had a scheduling conflict the last two years. The first couple of years was not great for swap meet area.

It is a nice show because it is in a nice setting and relaxed atmosphere, I found most of the people there very friendly. Nice family oriented event.

The show field is grass that has grown over the old cinder parking lot so it is not as hot as a paved lot, yet stays nice and firm so your car doesn't sink into the mud if it has recently rained.
Ericv1

P2O is a pretty cool event. I live about 40 miles away and plan on attending. I didn't get a chance to make it last year but it would be a nice event to have a 914 presence at.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, I always wanted to go to WPAFB.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike: What do you mean you would like to see RPAFB , didn't you live there, in a secret hanger

since 1947 when they found you in the desert near Roswell New Mexico.

Inquiring minds want to know !!!!!!!

Dave
rick 918-S
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jun 18 2009, 05:13 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Mike: What do you mean you would like to see RPAFB , didn't you live there, in a secret hanger

since 1947 when they found you in the desert near Roswell New Mexico.

Inquiring minds want to know !!!!!!!

Dave

That wasn't Mike.... assimilate.gif
Dr Evil
tongue.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Jun 15 2009, 09:24 AM) *

Another date to be aware of is July 25th. That is the date for the Porsches 2 Oxford event.

If you are not planning on going -you should. This is a great Porsche show.

porsches2oxford

WOW! It is starting to look like there is alot of Midwest activity for Porsche 914 enthusiasts...GREAT!

Tried to register on-line, but the program seizes up for me on page 2. (It was 90 degrees here in Cincy, so maybe someone or something has vapor lock!)

I'll try again later.

1970 Neun vierzehn
Just got registered tonight for Porsches-to-Oxford (P2O). An early 911 owner and I are trying to gather like-minded souls to meet near the I-275 and US Route 27 (Colerain Ave) interchange the Saturday morning of the event (25 July) and perhaps make a run to Oxford on the lightly used, out-of-the-way back roads up there. driving.gif
If interested, keep this thread alive and I'll post details if and when they occur.

Paul
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

You guys have fun. We get back from Hawaii the 25th so I can't make it. If there ends up being another Ohio meet keep me posted. I will make the drive. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.