Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New at CAMP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
boxstr
An excellent 74 914 3.2 very nice conversion with Patrick Motorsport engine, leather interior. This will be the donor car for a transplant into a 75 914 2.0 4 cylinder.
CCLINDR90210
rjames
Nice looking 914. Why seperate the motor from it?
Rand
And a Rennshifter? Looks like a nice car. I was also wondering why a donor? Got a bad hell hole?
carr914
Isn't this the car that was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a Buy-It-Now of $22,800?. Only bid to $13,600. Looks and sounds like a nice conversion.

T.C.
736conver
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:53 PM) *

Isn't this the car that was on eBay a couple of weeks ago with a Buy-It-Now of $22,800?. Only bid to $13,600. Looks and sounds like a nice conversion.

T.C.

Yep thats the car.

* Carrera engine rebuilt in 2007
* lightened flywheel
* webbers have been modified for this engine
* new clutch
* new exhaust headers and muffler
* Rennshift with linkage, stock transmission
* Carrara front suspension and brakes
* vented rear brakes with working emergency brake
* stainless steel braded brake lines
* new paint (original Porsche Olympic blue)
* new carpet
* new dash
* new leather seats
* new windshield
* new door covers
* new gauges
* new high torque starter
* new front mounted oil cooler
* new rear bumper pad
* new fiberglass rear hood
* new front and rear european lenses
* new B/F Goodrich P215/40ZR16 G-Force Sport
* 16x7 Fuchs
* Koni rear shocks

Lots of goodies to make it a donor car?!?!? blink.gif
jasons
How much for the roller?
messix
lets see idea.gif a really clean '74 switched back to a 4 = 8-9 k easy, and convert a 75 or 76 to a six goes from maybe a 5-6 k car to 12-13k car = money way ahead.

just a possibilty
Cupomeat
Ok, so the only idea here is to bring a 74 back to a stock 4 as it is worth more than a 75-76 stock 4?

I can't see the logic still.

Of course, some people just like to change things and that is login in itself.
Root_Werks
Someone got a six laying around? Talk nice to Craig and he might, mind you might just know someone who can throw in another six instead of the 2.0-4. idea.gif ......Since it'll be all apart anyway.
736conver
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 4 2008, 03:33 PM) *

lets see idea.gif a really clean '74 switched back to a 4 = 8-9 k easy, and convert a 75 or 76 to a six goes from maybe a 5-6 k car to 12-13k car = money way ahead.

just a possibilty

His reserve was $18,900. If thats what it sold then according to your numbers you lose money. Unless time/labor is free.
messix
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 4 2008, 01:48 PM) *

just a possibilty

His reserve was $18,900. If thats what it sold then according to your numbers you lose money. Unless time/labor is free.

i doubt it sold for 19k, and the figures i used are prolly no where near accurate. clean nice cars are going for alot more than i can believe. craig isn't knew to this and i'm sure he isn't gonna lose any money on this deal. i bet he has a buyer for both cars, and he won't be losing money on either deal.
736conver
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 4 2008, 04:10 PM) *

just a possibilty

i doubt it sold for 19k, and the figures i used are prolly no where near accurate. clean nice cars are going for alot more than i can believe. craig isn't knew to this and i'm sure he isn't gonna lose any money on this deal. i bet he has a buyer for both cars, and he won't be losing money on either deal.

Correct he isnt "knew" at this. Nobody would drop that kind of cash without a plan. It just fun guessing whats going on isnt it
messix
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 4 2008, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Sep 4 2008, 04:10 PM) *

just a possibilty

Correct he isnt "knew" at this. Nobody would drop that kind of cash without a plan. It just fun guessing whats going on isnt it

I no you new what i ment! laugh.gif
Rand
For sure Craig knows what he's doing, so there's a good reason. Curious. idea.gif
And now he's got a buzz going about it. Genius! laugh.gif Kinda like McCain's VP choice creating a media frenzy. laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
That car sounds like a sweet car. I'm interested to see what all becomes of all of this. aktion035.gif

Craig has all the cool toys drunk.gif
boxstr
Heading north on Friday to see the transplant doctor. Pics to follow.
CCLINOUTOFHERE
rhodyguy
gee, i'd like to look at that car. maybe both of them. i've never driven a car with a 3.2 in it. yet...
boxstr
Heading out early this morning. The girls are all lined up checking out the action.
There is Kevin checking out the cars.
CCLINBACKTOCAMP
Rand
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 5 2008, 07:23 PM) *

There is Kevin checking out the cars.

Which one is Kevin?? laugh.gif

IPB Image

Sorry K, couldn't resist. tongue.gif
Looking forward to the rest of the story.
rjames
Maybe someone is just buying the engine to put into their late model car?
rhodyguy
the 5 lug look is growing on me.
Gary
Dang Kevin,

If'n I knew you were heading down, I woulda asked you to grab my bumper. bye1.gif
boxstr
Gary I brought your bumper up with me to Kevins. Kevins is the whiteface biggrin.gif
Hey Kevin I have a Carrera front suspension"complete" at CAMP.
Plus a set of 5 Lug 16x6 Fuchs with new tires. biggrin.gif
CCL
Gary
Sweet!

Kevin's not seen my ride yet - might sell him on the 5 lug look some more. smile.gif
rhodyguy
24 hrs complimentary storage on front bumpers and tops gary. wink.gif they're here and waiting for you. give me a call/leave message to arrange retreval. i'll be gone after 8am.

let's see...5 lug conversion or a paint job...better roll the fenders before i paint..."i'll take paint for $3k alex".

k
rhodyguy
and they're off to lake stevens.
sixnotfour
let's see...5 lug conversion or a paint job...better roll the fenders before i paint..."i'll take paint for $3k alex".

Is your car running ? I thought it had an issue ?

boxstr
Kevin That 4 cylinder motor will be for sale.
Maybe we can make a deal.
CCL
Root_Werks
Work began yesterday. The suspension swap is taking some time. Nice alum cross membered carerra stuff on the blue car going into the yellow one. Stock 914-4 redrilled stuff all going into the blue car. Yellow car will even get the vented rear rotors now. Both with working E-brakes even!
Root_Werks
More from the swap...
Root_Werks
Small crack in a weld on the muffler, easy fix. welder.gif
Root_Werks
Engines still in the cars. Hopefully pulling them today...
Root_Werks
Last one for now.
rhodyguy
i don't think i can afford the 2.0 with l-jet and all that would be included.

k
rhodyguy

k
rhodyguy

k
Lavanaut
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 8 2008, 07:48 AM) *

PLEASE!!! add more quotes to your replies. quotes of quotes, lots of them too. enough of them so we have to scroll way down the page.

...yeah! Either that, or triple-post at least! poke.gif biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif I don't think it is going to change anything by saying it three times biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 8 2008, 10:02 AM) *

confused24.gif I don't think it is going to change anything by saying it three times biggrin.gif

It worked for Dorthey: smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
The 2.0 L-Jet is a nice engine. I drove that back up from Kevins. Lots of power for 2 liters.

driving.gif
messix
Dan i tried calling you last evening 'bout 6ish to see ifn' i could come by and take a look see and shoot the chit, no answer. mad.gif
r_towle
Why are you doing this swap?
Is the blue car lacking something? paper? to much rust???

Rich
Root_Werks
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 8 2008, 11:55 AM) *

Why are you doing this swap?
Is the blue car lacking something? paper? to much rust???

Rich

Not my car Rich, but after seeing both cars the owners yellow 914-4 is simply a better car. Both are nice examples of 914's, but the blue one has had AC in it at one time and a couple of repairs done to it. The yellow 4cyl is much more original and the owner has spent time and money making it really nice. Just wants more power.

To whoever picks up the blue car, they'll be getting a great start onto what ever way they want to go. It's going back to Camp 914 as a roller and the engine/trans seperate.

Oh Troy, did you try my cell? I'm working on both cars everynight this week. Swing on by. beerchug.gif
JRust
I thought the L-jet only came on the 1.8 confused24.gif
914werke
it did. but there no reson you cant swap it onto a 2.0.
Porsche Rescue
I think the '76 912E had a type IV 2.0 with L-jet.
seanery
Jim Chambers - where ya been?!!!
Root_Werks
After pulling the engine the other night and splitting the tranny to replace a RMS, I noticed this. huh.gif

Lucky to have caught this now. It'll take a little doing to fix it. smash.gif
Root_Werks
3.2 liters of fury! driving.gif

Roller is back to Kevins this evening and then back to CAMP914 soon after. Owner decided to leave the external oil cooler set up with lines in the blue car. This is a great donor car for another six engine. The work is already done.

driving.gif
carr914
This exhaust is going out to be installed.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.