Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Gasket Set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
OK, components are at Boxter Motors to be balanced and I am getting ready to do the re-assembly. I need to order the engine gasket set but not sure which one to order.

To refresh everyone's memory, I am converting the 1.7 to a stock 2.0L. The case is the 1.7 but the pistons and cylinders, crankshaft and connecting rods are all 2.0. The engine will be carbureated.

AA has a kit that states 1.7 and 2.0, PP has 3 seperate kits, 1.7, 1.8 and 2.0. Is there a difference between the sets? Since everything I read says that that the only differences between 1.7 and 2.0 are mostly internal and the FI system I should be able to order a 2.0 kit correct? Could use some insight here. confused24.gif
914Sixer
The difference is in what heads and exhaust you are using. Are you using 2.0 heads? The 1.7,1.8 are 4 bolt intake, 2.0 is 3. The other item that is different will be the heat exchanger gaskets to the muffler. The rest should be the same.
DNHunt
Also remember that the front and main oil seals are not included in the gasket kit. Also the cam plug is not included.

dave
Jake Raby
The cylinder heads that you are using will cictate the gasket set you need, all the other gaskets are the same.

if you are using 3 stud Porsche 2.0 heads use the 039 part numbered kit, if using 2.0 Bus heads you'll need the Bus gasket set.
stephenaki
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 5 2008, 07:04 AM) *

The cylinder heads that you are using will cictate the gasket set you need, all the other gaskets are the same.

if you are using 3 stud Porsche 2.0 heads use the 039 part numbered kit, if using 2.0 Bus heads you'll need the Bus gasket set.

Thanks, the heads are 1.7 machined out for the larger cylinders and pistons; this being said I will order the 1.7 gasket set and the seals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.