Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need sway bar measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I'm looking for the measurement from the center of the balljoint to the center of the U-tab for an OEM front sway bar. PP's site uses 5 1/8 inch. Thanks.

Edit - I just measured my '74 parts car which has a u-tab welded to the control arm but no swaybar has ever been installed on the car. It's aprox 4 inches center to center.
roadster fan
I just measured the a-arm from my 73, and it is hard to get an accurate reading because I have the ball joint out of the arm and could not locate it quickly. It appears to be a little more that 4" center to center.

I measured from the outboard edge of the a-arm to the center of the U-tab and that appears to be 5 1/8". I can take a pic if you need one.

Jim
r_towle
I would urge you to be accurate, but only on ensuring that both side match. If you are using a system that the drop links use heim joints on the end, you have a few MM of play in your placement.

Even the heim joints will bind if the U-tab is mounted to close to the ball joint...they are already at an angle when used in the stock position.

Rich
Jeff Hail
Hope this helps
Cevan
Thanks for the replies. When my car was at Tangerine Racing, they noticed that the u-tab looked a little too far inboard. It looks like a PO had the drop link reversed (bent inboard) when the u-tab was positioned. I flipped it around and the u-tab lined up with the above measurements. It turned out to be almost 2 inches off. blink.gif Figure my anti-sway bar hasn't been too effective up 'til now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.