Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bcheney 6 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bcheney
Here is the latest on my build. Had to go away from using the OEM Hard oil line because it does clear the RJ bulkhead mount. So, I went to with a Patrick hardline, AN tank adaptor and aeroquip line ($270 all in from PMS shipped). I may end up changing the support for the hardline to the engine case as it was all I had on hand. Overall I am pretty happy with how this came together. I haven't build up aeroquip lines in many years so that was fun.
bcheney
Exhaust test fitted.
FourBlades
You are almost there! smilie_pokal.gif

John
rfuerst911sc
Nice work Brian but get the damn thing done already we're not getting any younger !!!
bcheney
[quote name='rfuerst911sc' date='Aug 5 2012, 06:37 PM' post='1719711']
Nice work Brian but get the damn thing done already we're not getting any younger !!!

Rick, that is so true...I turned 48 today!! I really want to have it running in time for the Tropical Ramble in November.
bcheney
OK I am trying to keep the ball rolling on this project. A few years ago I had Patrick Motorsports build me up and engine bay wiring harness. I decided to keep the stock relay board from my 75 2.0 in place. PMS built the harness and retained the relay board connector with the necessary modifications/pin outs. They also sent me a wiring harness pigtail (pictured below) as I told them I was going to run a MSD box and tach adapter. Tonight I took everything out of the boxes, laid them on the garage floor and labled them for easy reading and identification. My question is...Is everything here and should I take a leap of faith with some help from all of you to wire this sucker up or... should I suck it up...break out my wallet and just let a professional handle this part of my project??
carr914
What are you going to run for a Dizzy?
URY914
Take everything to Joe and write him a blank check.
carr914
lol-2.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 15 2012, 05:44 AM) *

What are you going to run for a Dizzy?

Stock Dizzy with points.
FourBlades

These are not too hard to figure out, can't be because I did mine. biggrin.gif

John
bcheney
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Aug 15 2012, 08:14 AM) *

These are not too hard to figure out, can't be because I did mine. biggrin.gif

John

Did you solder on connectors or use waterproof crimp style and then heat shrink?
bcheney
I continue to make progress. Spent yesterday installing all the brake lines. Additionally, I finally removed the AC hoses that were in the car from years ago. They were a real bugger to get out....Last week installed the hand throttle kit I bought from the group buy...still have to install the wing plate on the pedal end. Next up is installing the MSD box in the trunk. I still dont feel comfortable tackling the engine harness wiring....need some more encouragment.
bcheney
Getting closer and closer...The Tropical Ramble is the goal for roll out! November 9th is coming smile.gif
FourBlades

Did not notice your question until now.

I always crimp and heat shrink connectors and don't solder.

John
bcheney
My 6 conversion is finally off the jackstands! Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure...
BKLA
Sweet!!!!!!
URY914
Nice carbs! w00t.gif
carr914
Yep, off jackstands & onto the Tow-Truck!
bcheney
Well things are progressing. The shop that built my Motor (Formerly Zotz Garage NOW German Excellence) was tasked with checking out the engine and dash gauge wiring, getting the engine fired up, tuning the carbs and aligning the front and rear suspension. The motor fired today for the first time! A sweet sound to my ears after so many years of work on this project. There a few more details to work out....and the plan is to drive the car up to the Tropical Ramble next week! Click the YouTube link below and enjoy the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVVWOyUlJE...ayer_detailpage
mepstein
Congrats! beerchug.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(bcheney @ Nov 1 2012, 06:20 PM) *

Well things are progressing. The shop that built my Motor (Formerly Zotz Garage NOW German Excellence) was tasked with checking out the engine and dash gauge wiring, getting the engine fired up, tuning the carbs and aligning the front and rear suspension. The motor fired today for the first time! A sweet sound to my ears after so many years of work on this project. There a few more details to work out....and the plan is to drive the car up to the Tropical Ramble next week! Click the YouTube link below and enjoy the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVVWOyUlJE...ayer_detailpage

sweet.......6
rfuerst911sc
Congrats Brian it sounds good. Tell Donnie I said hi.
URY914
WOW! And some said this day would NEVER happen. I'll tell Miller on Sunday if I see him. beer.gif
Trekkor
Exciting!

KT
carr914
But will it make it to the Tropical Ramble?
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 2 2012, 07:43 PM) *

But will it make it to the Tropical Ramble?

That is the goal...we had several challenges this week but we cleared some hurdles today and Monday could be the final day at the shop. I am staying positive!
bcheney
Everthing came together and I drove the car for the first time Thursday night! It has a 2.2 E Spec motor built on an original 914/6 case. It drives fantastic and sounds great!! Stayed up late to get it ready for the Tropical Ramble the next day...Joe having the Tropical Ramble as my final goal to get the car done was awesome! As you all know it has been an incredible journey to get this ride back on the road. Many folks to thank...Harro Zitza - RIP (Zotz Racing), Don Northrop & Rick Brian Bell (German Excellence), TC, Rick F, Paul W, Rob W, Rich Johnson, Eric (PMB), Jonathon (GPR), Glenn Sager (Pelican), James (Patrick Motorsports), Joe (Series 9), Serigo Meza, Tom (B.A.M.), Adam Masters, Christopher Nye, Mike Danganan, my daughters Amanda & Sara and my wife Leslie. Here are a few pics from the last few days...I couldn't have been more fun!
bcheney
Socalandy
Congrats beerchug.gif Looks and sounds Awesome!!!
Eric_Shea
Change your signature! thumb3d.gif

I have crank case breather hose btw.
brant
really nice job
URY914
So I rode with Brian to dinner on Saturday nite at the Ramble. I got out of the car in the parking lot and closed the door on the seat belt and it was caught in the door. I went to open the door and when I pulled the handle I felt the plastic slider tab break off. sad.gif

Yep, that's right. I'm the guy that fixes broken door handles and I broke his. blink.gif confused24.gif

Brian, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of replacement sliders. SORRY! bye1.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 11 2012, 12:51 PM) *

So I rode with Brian to dinner on Saturday nite at the Ramble. I got out of the car in the parking lot and closed the door on the seat belt and it was caught in the door. I went to open the door and when I pulled the handle I felt the plastic slider tab break off. sad.gif

Yep, that's right. I'm the guy that fixes broken door handles and I broke his. blink.gif confused24.gif

Brian, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of replacement sliders. SORRY! bye1.gif

lol-2.gif
ellisor3
Very nice job Brian. She ran flawlessly this weekend. Well, until you let Paul in. lol-2.gif
bcheney
Thanks for the nice compliments guys. Here are a few more pics. Still working on the interior...
FourBlades

That is a great sounding and looking car! piratenanner.gif

John
bcheney
Here are links to YouTube videos of my car on some acceleration runs! Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA9YqVVHCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtaTBptpwY
KENNY
I love the Sound of the car Brian and it looks awesom .
bcheney
Lights on
carr914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Feb 17 2013, 10:56 PM) *

Lights on, But Nobody's Home

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.