Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Annual "FALLING LEAF TOUR"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
davesclassicvws
First Annual "Falling Leaf Tour"
See the changing colors of fall and if it's a clear day see spectacular views of MT St Helens.

Tour starts at Peets Coffee parking lot located at Peet's Coffee & Tea‎
16501 SE Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA -

We will Rally at 9:00 am and depart at 9:30.
The drive will last approximately 4 hours with several stops along the way.
We will end at the Burgerville in Battleground located at
217 W. Main St. Battle Ground, WA 98604-4469
"No Fees, No Tee's, No Trophies" just good times hanging with other 914 enthusiasts.
If your car is not running or you want to keep it out of the weather come anyway.
This drive will not be limited to 914's. All are invited especially if you are partial to air cooled cars. Any questions or comments I can be reached at davidy.wa@ubuildit.com or Dave at (360)904-7323
Be there or be square!! Here's a map of the area.
<http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=45.846021,-122.349243&spn=0.811214,2.460938&z=9>
davesclassicvws
If you are planning on coming please add a comment to this thread.
EyeTrip
I have it marked on my calendar. I'll be there.
scotty
90% sure...waiting to see if the wife can get a return flight later in the day so I can come out and play.
number6
Sounds like a fun drive. I'll be there. (I think my car will be back by then...Dan? ;)
EyeTrip
I'm tring to get my buddy to go, he's out of town right now but will be back for the run. His teener is almost identical to mine.

davesclassicvws
Steve was talking about coming with his 67 beetle.
That's 5 so far.
mstein95
I'm still a tenative.
davesclassicvws
The date is Saturday October 11th
9:00 am meet at the Peet's coffee in Vancouver on Mill Plain
JRust
I am a maybe. Still waiting on my new radiator. Sholud be here by wednesday. So barring some other problem I will be there. Should have my radiator in this weekend. Then once I get it all bled I will be driving.gif
EyeTrip
I'm sure there are some empty seats to fill. It's only about 4 hours
EyeTrip
Would it matter if I throw in a prize part?
scotty
I'll toss in a used/inoperable master cylinder... blink.gif
PanelBilly
I'm looking for a ride, if anyone has an empty seat.

davesclassicvws
Prizes are cool. Especially rare parts.
Just want to stick with the motto, "No Fees, No T's, No Trophies".

Jamie,
Let's hope you get that radiator in. So you didn't have a blown headgasket?
JRust
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Sep 17 2008, 02:48 PM) *

Prizes are cool. Especially rare parts.
Just want to stick with the motto, "No Fees, No T's, No Trophies".

Jamie,
Let's hope you get that radiator in. So you didn't have a blown headgasket?

I did have a blown headgasket after WCR. I got it fixed along with a few other things. Just radiator still sucked so I haven't been driving it. We'll see how the weekend goes. Planned to have all day saturday to work on it. My honeydoo list just got much larger. I am now hoping to squeze half a day on the car. dry.gif
Mikey914
I'm going to try. want to have the new rig back on the road, this will give me something to shoot for! biggrin.gif
davesclassicvws
Looks like we should have a good turn out. Tell your friends. The more the merrier.
JRust
I finally got my new renegade radiator. I didn't get much time to work on it though. Shouldn't be a problem to get going for the drive biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif
Silver Surfer
I've got it on my calendar - looking forward to it and hoping for a crisp (dry) fall day on the 11th!
davesclassicvws
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Sep 24 2008, 01:07 PM) *

I've got it on my calendar - looking forward to it and hoping for a crisp (dry) fall day on the 11th!

Well the farmers almanac predicts clouds with a slight chance of rain but if you've lived in this area for any length of time you know that you can only count on the weather moment by moment.
Coy
Tentative here!

Sounds like a blast!
sgetsiv
I've been looking for a way to meet some other 914 owners in the Portland area. I just finished some upgrades to my '73 which I bought in June. Seems to be running well enough to join in, so hopefully the weather will be good.

Steve Getsiv
scotty
*bump*

Yeah, got the carbs synched, the new master cylinder in, and the brakes bled and full of new ATE blue.

It's too far out to get a good bead on the weather, but it just might be nice!
davesclassicvws
Just 1 week to go!

Meet at Peet's at 9:00 am

PEET'S VANCOUVER
16501 SE Mill Plain Blvd,Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98684
(360) 944-6585

If you don't want to drive your car because of the weather. Come anyway.

My number is 360-904-7323 Give me a call if you have questions or need directions.
JRust
I'm still a probable. Have my radiator almost done. Ended up driving to SLC this weekend for a family gig. Put me a little behind as I had planned on Saturday to finish it all off. Won't be home until late monday night. SO I will be pushing the envelope for finishing after work & driving it enough to feel comfortable. Who knows confused24.gif
sixnotfour
Just 1 week to go!

Meet at Peet's at 9:00 am

PEET'S VANCOUVER
16501 SE Mill Plain Blvd,Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98684
(360) 944-6585

If you don't want to drive your car because of the weather. Come anyway.

My number is 360-904-7323 Give me a call if you have questions or need directions.

SLITS
Would like to try to make it. Need to find an apartment/house rental in the Tumwater area.

Truck is still full of the stuff I brought from Cali for my "extended" stay up here. I guess it would be about 2 hrs to get to you guys down there (assuming no fatal accidents on I-5). 9:00 AM ... is the sun up yet (not that you can see it anyway).

Are you sure St. Helens isn't rumbling? When I came thru on Friday, I thought I heard a phart.

No Jeff, I don't need directions ... I have a TomTom ... you guys accept Indian signals don't you? thumpa - thump thump - thumpa.

Maybe, if all things go well up here in BF, WA.

And what's this wish for no rain? av-943.gif
number6
Could it really be?!? Weather.com is predicting SUNNY conditions, high of 65, for Saturday. I hope so, because if it's going to be like today, the drive is going to be no fun. Actually, if weather is bad, I'll have to bow out. Just wanted to let the organizer know, for your head count.
davesclassicvws
I just checked the forcast and it's looks like it will be sunny and in the mid 60's on Saturday. Lookin' good for the run.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!!!
mstein95
I'm in.

Jamie, drop me a line if you are going and I'll follow you up.
Todd Enlund
Looking like I might be able to meet up at Peet's, but I'll be in my truck... 914 has no engine. If someone has an empty seat, I'll ride along.
JRust
I finished the install of my radiator. Car is cooling great biggrin.gif . Unfortunately my brake pedal went to the floor. So I have to find that leak & fix it. Barring that being something major I am in. I also have to finish my bumper cutout & install it with my new valance. Be busy every night this week looks like blink.gif
pjhaun
Make sure somebody brings a camera and take lots of pictures!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

EyeTrip
I'm not happy.

I broke my pressure plate last night.
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

I'll bust ass Friday and try to get a new one in.
JRust
I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get my brake done. So to make sure I dropped it by my budy Roy's shop. A fellow 914 guy with a Auto shop in Dallas Oregon. I'm hoping he can make it too. Anyway he'll get it squared away tommorow & I'll pick it up after work. Just wanted to make sure I could drive it.

I am starting my caravan up around 7:30. Morgan is coming. Coy is coming if he can find a sitter. Waiting to hear from a few other guys too huh.gif . I am really looking forward to the drive biggrin.gif
scotty
Great News!

What time do you plan to hit the area around the 217 Home Depot (if taking I5) or Stafford Road (if taking I205)? I'll join the caravan! aktion035.gif
theo
I hope to be there, it will be close, but I will probably have the car back together by Saturday. I will need to work my butt off. MDB2.gif

Theo
J P Stein
A 914 gathering in Vancouver, eh?.....and Slits is gonna be there.....damn.
Since my 914 is only parking lot worthy, I'll have to drop by & say hi.....Mr.2 is close enuff to a 914.....
I gotta get ready for a PCA AX Sunday morning at PIR so the drive is out.
mstein95
My neighbors are going to love it when I fire up at 6:00am Saturday morning. My Triad exhaust rocks!! happy11.gif
rocking nana.gif
number6
Something's come up, so I probably won't be able to make it. Bummer! If I can make it happen, I'd love to come out and meet everyone. Otherwise, next time! Have fun on the drive!

-duc
davesclassicvws
The weather is looking better for Saturday. I drove over to Madras last sunday and the trees around Government camp were in full color. It should be good picture scenery for this trip.
If we're lucky we'll see the inside of Mt St Helens.
PanelBilly
I was trying to bum a ride, but now I'm planning on spending the day in the paint booth putting color on my car. Way to me when you drive by Auburn.
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Oct 9 2008, 11:50 AM) *

The weather is looking better for Saturday. I drove over to Madras last sunday and the trees around Government camp were in full color. It should be good picture scenery for this trip.
If we're lucky we'll see the inside of Mt St Helens.

Dave,
You do know that the road to Windy Ridge is closed? It is washed out about half way up after you turn off from road 25 that runs from cougar to Randle. I was up there a few weeks ago on my Ducati. You can still go from Carson around to Cougar if thats the route you were thinking. Road 25 over to Randle is still open as well.

I'm a bit of a new guy in your group. I've had my car about 6 years with it not running and worked on it for the last two years. I finally got it done this summer. I am going to try to make it to the Drive but the wife has a few things I am trying to get out of.... Thanks for the post on CL thats how I found out about the drive.
Looking forward to meeting some more people with the $ickness.
Jake
scotty
biggrin.gif Sunny...

santa_smiley.gif ...but freaking COLD in the morning up there (still freezing on St. Helens @ 11AM today).

JRust
I'm hoping our route will not be taking us into any ice. Be just my luck to get my car on the road just to get run into by another 914 dry.gif

I can't wait till tommorow. I've got to finish my front bumper tonight & install it. Just heading down to the garage now. Once it's on I am going for a nice long test driving.gif . See both Morgan & Coy tommorow for the caravan up. Then Scotty to once we hit the I5/205 interchange. Which is the best way to go??? I will GPS it but always nice to have some tips smile.gif
Jakeodoule
I'll be there.
Coy
Yahoo! Lookin' forward to meeting everyone! aktion035.gif

I mapquested it and it looks like 205 is an easy shot, if that works for Scotty.

Click to view attachment
scotty
Yup, works for me! I'll hang out by the Stafford Road onramp. Lemme know if you plan to hit that area earlier than 8:15...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.