Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left rear scraping sound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
I just replace my rear calipers and pads. Set the vent correctly and gave it a good bleeding. On my test run around the neighborhood, I noticed a faint scraping sound which gets faster the faster I drive. However, it doesn't disappear when I apply the brakes. Any ideas?
URY914
Remove the neighbor's cat from under the car.

Make sure your disc is "true" not warped.
blitZ
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 22 2008, 09:33 PM) *

I actually had new rotors to install, but the old ones were not bad. I had removed one of the screws on that side. The other screw stripped and the main nut wouldn't budge. So my lazy self said to heck with it. Could removing one screw cause the rotor to warp?
URY914
QUOTE(blitZ @ Sep 22 2008, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 22 2008, 09:33 PM) *

I actually had new rotors to install, but the old ones were not bad. I had removed one of the screws on that side. The other screw stripped and the main nut wouldn't budge. So my lazy self said to heck with it. Could removing one screw cause the rotor to warp?

Did you have the old ones mic'd and turned?
SGB
Could it just be the dust shield?
Dr Evil
Not all the rotors are the same diameter. You may wish to check the diameters of the new vs the old.
dlestep
After you investigate all those other things, check your vent clearance....
brer
did you look in the trunk?
blitZ
Well, call me an idiot...

breif pause.

I had replaced the brake line hoses and the metal line between the hose and caliper was repositioned and rubbing on the wheel. Easy fix, thought I had really borked something.

Fortunately, Freddy Krueger was not in my trunk. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.