Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amazing THANK YOU to the RRC sponsors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I just want to shout out the RRC sponsors!
I couldn't believe how much was donated for door prizes
and a LOT of $$$ was put into this by the sponsors.

I'm not going in any particular order, but I'll tell you there sure were some Happy attendee's who had some amazing items to take away from the event!

To start with Eric Shea of PMB performance really out did himself
he is going to get in trouble with the mrs, if she reads this thread because he gave away the whole farm as they say. not one pair of calipers but 2 pair!
and everyone knows how nice those calipers are
Eric Lowe and Valerie Lowe were the happy recipients of one pair
and John (Elvira) Peterson won another set!

Wow.. thanks Eric, and it sure was good to see you there in person
hey, you didn't run into any flooding on the way home did you?

Next, Bruce out of the great north donated some really really nice seals. Tail light seals. turn signal seals and fuel cap seals. Mike Wills and Andy were both winners of those. And there couldn't be two prettier yellow cars to receive them.... they will both have dry trunks and avoid the rust for years to come!

Bruce also donated a tire hanger for studless folks. This was cool. I guess I live in a cave because I haven't seen one of these before. But I clearly remember having to hold up (4 bolt) wheels trying to use my foot to hold it up while trying to get a lug bolt started... what a pain, and this thread in hanger would solve the problem. Very Cool.. Elliot was the winner and thanks goes to Bruce!

Dr. Evil donated Axle bolt kits with safety wire and the correct schnorr(?) washers
these things are a life saver. If you've ever seen the results of a rear half shaft coming loose, you need to go buy one of these kits. They aren't badly priced either and are a real bargain... but Kevin, Valerie, Jeff, and Ron found the kits to be an especially good bargain since they each won a kit! Thanks Doc! and good luck with the studies mike!

The World's very own Mark donated some really cool vinyl. there were 2.0 emblems and also World stickers. Very professional, very nice! I know this for a fact because I won a set of these. Toast also wona set of these. Very cool, and thanks Mark!

Pelican parts really pitched in a ton of stuff. They donated a 50$ gift certificate that Ron/Slits took home with a smile. They also donated a set of very cool porsche design sunglasses.. yes you heard me right. Very cool. my wife won these and I've already been informed that they are hers and I may not stretch them or use them! Thanks Wayne, and thanks Pelican!

Eric Lowe planner extraordinare donated swag too.. and nice stuff! He donated event shirts to Ron and Suzy in the door prize drawing. The shirts came out great and they mostly were only available to attendee's. Likely will be future collector items. Thanks Eric.

Eric also donated an amazing print. its a drawing of the Garretson 914 race car by Tris Nerima and signed as well. I barely saw it, because the Salmon one won it and squirreled it away before we could lay our greasy hands on it. Thanks again Eric!

Ron Meier donated lower targa seals too. Ron I know Jeff, Ben and John were thrilled! Thanks for driving so awfully far and for sponsoring the event also!

Mike Wills also won some bezels from Spunone If you haven't seen these you really should check them out. they are SHARP. Wills is going to have one bad(er) looking car!

Thanks again to all of the sponsors.
it was really a great event and its the 914 folk out there and wonderful sponsors that make it extra special!
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Sounds like it was another great gathering. piratenanner.gif Nice work to all involved cheer.gif
Sleepin
Here were the Award Winners:

Best /4 - Andy:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Best /6 - Elliot:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Best of Show - John (Vegas Racer) and Elvira:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Long Distance Award (from Washington State) - Jeff (sixnotfour) and Suzie:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Golden Wheelbarrow - Val and the 1.5L Half Six:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Congratulations everyone!
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town (no? look at that picture gang) covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

biggrin.gif

Blah, blah, blah.... yappin.gif They weren't in an ass dragger. They win. biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 03:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town (no? look at that picture gang) covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

biggrin.gif

Eric,
did you hit any of that flooding on the way home
I hope you were a good boy scout and prepaired for the high water line
b
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 01:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

biggrin.gif

E,
Let's face the facts. You and I both know that the brakes are the most important system on the car. You build brakes. Jeff builds engines. Six cylinder engines. The brakes are important but all the glamour goes to the engine builder. You may have really won the Long Distance Award but The RRC guys have to go with the glamour boy... Even if he did work on expanding his liver while driving to the event. I'm just sorry I didn't know he was passing through so could have bought him a Bud Light! blink.gif
sixnotfour
To think I even stuck up for the periwinkle color wheels.

We left on wednesday to Reno, stayed a day and a half drove 12 hours straight to Torrey. 2700miles round trip.
IN A 914 driving.gif

Eric_Shea
did you hit any of that flooding on the way home

No... I went home on a flat bed. I hit a coffee stop in Scipio and backed over some strage clothes line that was somehow "inadvertantly" tied to an engine oil line. The line snapped under the pressure and all my oil went bye-bye... is that the flood you're talking about?

Periwinkle Rocks!!
brant
tell me your joking...
I'll gladly admit I bought the hook

Ferg
How much for the Periwinkle? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
tell me your joking...

Well... what happens when you tie a line to an engine oil line?
brant
the small rotten string hopefully breaks when it hits resistance?
Eric_Shea
Gotcha...

Funny joke. I don't know what it was because I left at 5:10 and didn't stop until I got to the grocery store a few blocks from home at 8:15. I mention the times in case Ron is reading. I was home in just over 3 hours Ron tongue.gif

All that was left was a weird blue cotton chord with a weird nylon rope on it. The nylon was all frayed from flapping down the road.

I almost hit 3 "Bunny Phoo-Phoo's" on the way home. The damn things run right for the car and then turn on a dime. Didn't really "need" coffee at that point. Them things are BIG. The stand about 24" with ears. A jack rabbit would not be kind to the front air damn mad.gif
Sleepin
I got the 2.0 out of Val's car... Exhaust valve tapped the piston....just a little indent, hopefully only a bent stem.

IPB Image

Eric - Are you selling the Periwinkle? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
but all the glamour goes to the engine builder

I know... he was rubbing it in too. biggrin.gif

Hey Jethro... what do you think about the springs on the clutch disc itself? They mentioned they thought they might be too loose when they looked at it last time.

Eric - Are you selling the Periwinkle?

No... it would take a special owner to be able to forge ahead in a pink shirt with baby blue stripes on a car. I haven't found any of ye homos capable of manning up enough to pull it off. Ferg is close but hell, he likes "brown" cars. That's about-a safe-a man color as it gets.

biggrin.gif

Happy to see the car-nage isn't too bad.
sixnotfour
Hey Jethro... what do you think about the springs on the clutch disc itself? They mentioned they thought they might be too loose when they looked at it last time.

Maybe ??? do you have solid tranny mounts ?

Rob's argument has no bearing it was purely a decision decided by vote of present NARP peers.
Your a vendor for goodness sake, you had better show up. slap.gif
I am just a guy with a way out of control hobby. blink.gif

SOO the exhaust valve is stretched ??? Were is Slits ??
Eric_Shea
Maybe ??? do you have solid tranny mounts ?

Nope... Believe it or not, everything on that car was done with the intent of making an RS clone. Nothing too harsh etc. Stock springs (except the rears are 26mm for the impending 3.0 transplant). 930 sways. Stock engine and tranny mounts etc.

I ordered a new disc today. If I'm going to throw money at it, that's never wasted. It's hard to believe the springs can rattle that much. I listened to it again this AM... plausable I guess.
sixnotfour
Give me piece of mind and check the FW bolts.

of course in wich the shop will never admit that they were loose, oh it was the disk.

going back under my 914
Eric_Shea
Diferent shop... he'll tell me the truth about the other shop biggrin.gif

Back on topic.

Thanks to Mike, Brant and Eric for a smokin weekend. I know you guys worked hard.

E.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 24 2008, 05:50 PM) *

Diferent shop... he'll tell me the truth about the other shop biggrin.gif

Back on topic.

Thanks to Mike, Brant and Eric for a smokin weekend. I know you guys worked hard.

E.

Great to see you again E. Also, you REALLY need to hear your car passing you while wide open. Just to show my loyalty to you as a friend, I will offer to drive your car just so you can hear it. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Gotta love short strokers biggrin.gif

That was about 7k and 10? on the gauge.

You can drive it any time. wink.gif
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 06:05 PM) *

Gotcha...

Funny joke. I don't know what it was because I left at 5:10 and didn't stop until I got to the grocery store a few blocks from home at 8:15. I mention the times in case Ron is reading. I was home in just over 3 hours Ron tongue.gif

All that was left was a weird blue cotton chord with a weird nylon rope on it. The nylon was all frayed from flapping down the road.

I almost hit 3 "Bunny Phoo-Phoo's" on the way home. The damn things run right for the car and then turn on a dime. Didn't really "need" coffee at that point. Them things are BIG. The stand about 24" with ears. A jack rabbit would not be kind to the front air damn mad.gif

you did get me
I've learned my lesson
I won't be touching your car or anyone's car in the future
brant
TROJANMAN
you're so immature sometimes................
Sleepin
I ended up having the exact same impact on #1 as #3.... it must not have been as bad, because the #1 never went dead. Full top-end here I come!
SLITS
3 hours huh ... what a farkin' wuss ....

Periwinkle .... seems to just fit those Sandy, UT types. I thought of stopping by on my way to "The Soggy Side of Nowhere" but even that sounds way to gay for me.

Those of you that are reading and didn't attend ... Slits signals with the universal sign of happiness and farts in your direction.

And Rubberboy .... We still have an unused cross in the desert, behind the hotel, near the "Hidden Falls" and believe it or not ... it has you name on it. Bring your own nails.

Anybody seen my life preserver? It was sure handy in the hot tub. Kept those sharp rocks from pokin' me in the butt ( I wouldn't stand up 'cause Salmon Boy was on the prowl).

I think we should return to the fine township of Torrey next year. Due to the shock of all the nightlife, we didn't do enough damage. And Rubberboy ... you were correct ... it was 1 hour closer, but you lost the gain trying to find the fuchin' place.
Eric_Shea
Now I get it... it was that damn life preserver.

Cost of plating just went up racerboy.

Toast gave me the grundge... icon8.gif
Sleepin
You are all so full of fuchin love! I am sitting here wondering what hairy knuckled ape with sawzall fantasies actually put my heads on the wrong sides...and then instead of swapping them back, just chopped the poop out of the drivers side tin to get access to the head temp sensor........and you guys are talking about gold plated life preservers! Hell, after getting dragged 200 miles its probably too scratched up to even get plated, let alone protect Slits' hairy ass!

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
TROJANMAN
HOw do you know Slits has a hairy ass?

Wait, don't answer that sheeplove.gif
Eric_Shea
Mmmm Blue Jump-Suits are Dreamy wub.gif

What happens in Torrey stays in Torrey (cause there's no fuching phone signal, internet connections or cable TV)
Sleepin
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2008, 06:58 PM) *

Mmmm Blue Jump-Suits are Dreamy wub.gif

What happens in Torrey stays in Torrey (cause there's no fuching phone signal, internet connections or cable TV)

hmmmm.....who do we have to thank for that one? bs.gif

.... bah.....time to go get this tin welder.gif
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2008, 03:35 PM) *

Now I get it... it was that damn life preserver.

Cost of plating just went up racerboy.

somewhere on a desolate highway in Utah sits a lost life preserver that fell off of your car....

it must look funny to a passer by in the middle of no where...
of course I'm not sure when the next passer by is going to pass by

get well.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 23 2008, 09:15 PM) *

I am just a guy with a way out of control hobby. blink.gif

av-943.gif Ya think? laugh.gif Me too... but nowhere near where you are... yet biggrin.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2008, 02:35 PM) *

I share freely and unconditionally. biggrin.gif

And WTF.gif was with the "in-room" 6:00 am Trumpet wake up blasts?
I know there were others of ya'lls that got that to! There isn't even anything Open in Torrey at 6:00 am! mad.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 27 2008, 01:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2008, 02:35 PM) *

I share freely and unconditionally. biggrin.gif

And WTF.gif was with the "in-room" 6:00 am Trumpet wake up blasts?
I know there were others of ya'lls that got that to! There isn't even anything Open in Torrey at 6:00 am! mad.gif

You didn't notice Salmon Boys' passenger? That was the angel Moroni ..... The trumpet at 6:00 AM was the signal to switch partners ...
Eric_Shea
I'm pretty sure it was a butt trumpet and yes... that would definately be a signal to switch partners.

I don't think I passed another car for 60-70 miles. Probably lots of Jack Rabbits laughing their fluffy white asses off at me though. dry.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 27 2008, 12:11 PM) *

I'm pretty sure it was a butt trumpet and yes... that would definately be a signal to switch partners.

I don't think I passed another car for 60-70 miles. Probably lots of Jack Rabbits laughing their fluffy white asses off at me though. dry.gif

Even rabbits laugh at Periwinkle trimmed cars? biggrin.gif

Silly rabbit, Periwinkle is for kids! av-943.gif

Oh BTW Eric, Were those early rear calipers or late? What pads do you reccomend for spirited street use? I am waiting to put them on until I actually get the car back together...so it might be a while before I send those cores to you... and the fronts. driving.gif

You guys were actually up at 6!? We did not wake up until 10:30!? Well, Andy woke me up for a little bit....and then gave me some money! blink.gif
Eric_Shea
Wanna trade the 911 for the 2.0?

Early but it doesn't matter. Bolt right on. With the fronts we need to be specific. wink.gif

ATE organic pads. We can get a complete set when you're ready. I'm guessing it will be a while becaue you don't want Val to have a car on the road that will kick your @$$. biggrin.gif

I was up at 5:00 and on the road at 5:10... life preserver and all.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 27 2008, 01:12 PM) *

Wanna trade the 911 for the 2.0?

Do you have cash for that trade? poke.gif
Eric_Shea
For our "Lady in Black"

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Saweet,

When is Wills going show off the gauge rings ?
Sleepin
Wow! The Mistress of the Dark will have some glint in her step! Very nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.