Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Amazing THANK YOU to the RRC sponsors, wow, what amazing items, what amazing sponsors!
brant
post Sep 23 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I just want to shout out the RRC sponsors!
I couldn't believe how much was donated for door prizes
and a LOT of $$$ was put into this by the sponsors.

I'm not going in any particular order, but I'll tell you there sure were some Happy attendee's who had some amazing items to take away from the event!

To start with Eric Shea of PMB performance really out did himself
he is going to get in trouble with the mrs, if she reads this thread because he gave away the whole farm as they say. not one pair of calipers but 2 pair!
and everyone knows how nice those calipers are
Eric Lowe and Valerie Lowe were the happy recipients of one pair
and John (Elvira) Peterson won another set!

Wow.. thanks Eric, and it sure was good to see you there in person
hey, you didn't run into any flooding on the way home did you?

Next, Bruce out of the great north donated some really really nice seals. Tail light seals. turn signal seals and fuel cap seals. Mike Wills and Andy were both winners of those. And there couldn't be two prettier yellow cars to receive them.... they will both have dry trunks and avoid the rust for years to come!

Bruce also donated a tire hanger for studless folks. This was cool. I guess I live in a cave because I haven't seen one of these before. But I clearly remember having to hold up (4 bolt) wheels trying to use my foot to hold it up while trying to get a lug bolt started... what a pain, and this thread in hanger would solve the problem. Very Cool.. Elliot was the winner and thanks goes to Bruce!

Dr. Evil donated Axle bolt kits with safety wire and the correct schnorr(?) washers
these things are a life saver. If you've ever seen the results of a rear half shaft coming loose, you need to go buy one of these kits. They aren't badly priced either and are a real bargain... but Kevin, Valerie, Jeff, and Ron found the kits to be an especially good bargain since they each won a kit! Thanks Doc! and good luck with the studies mike!

The World's very own Mark donated some really cool vinyl. there were 2.0 emblems and also World stickers. Very professional, very nice! I know this for a fact because I won a set of these. Toast also wona set of these. Very cool, and thanks Mark!

Pelican parts really pitched in a ton of stuff. They donated a 50$ gift certificate that Ron/Slits took home with a smile. They also donated a set of very cool porsche design sunglasses.. yes you heard me right. Very cool. my wife won these and I've already been informed that they are hers and I may not stretch them or use them! Thanks Wayne, and thanks Pelican!

Eric Lowe planner extraordinare donated swag too.. and nice stuff! He donated event shirts to Ron and Suzy in the door prize drawing. The shirts came out great and they mostly were only available to attendee's. Likely will be future collector items. Thanks Eric.

Eric also donated an amazing print. its a drawing of the Garretson 914 race car by Tris Nerima and signed as well. I barely saw it, because the Salmon one won it and squirreled it away before we could lay our greasy hands on it. Thanks again Eric!

Ron Meier donated lower targa seals too. Ron I know Jeff, Ben and John were thrilled! Thanks for driving so awfully far and for sponsoring the event also!

Mike Wills also won some bezels from Spunone If you haven't seen these you really should check them out. they are SHARP. Wills is going to have one bad(er) looking car!

Thanks again to all of the sponsors.
it was really a great event and its the 914 folk out there and wonderful sponsors that make it extra special!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
PeeGreen 914
post Sep 23 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Sounds like it was another great gathering. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Nice work to all involved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Sep 23 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357

Here were the Award Winners:

Best /4 - Andy:
(IMG:http://www.rccauto.com/cars/best4.JPG)
(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/Red%20Rocks%20Classic%202008/HPIM3263.jpg)

Best /6 - Elliot:
(IMG:http://www.rccauto.com/cars/best6.JPG)
(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/Red%20Rocks%20Classic%202008/HPIM3247.jpg)

Best of Show - John (Vegas Racer) and Elvira:
(IMG:http://www.rccauto.com/cars/BestofShow.JPG)
(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/Red%20Rocks%20Classic%202008/ap3517637-1.jpg)

Long Distance Award (from Washington State) - Jeff (sixnotfour) and Suzie:
(IMG:http://www.rccauto.com/cars/longd.JPG)
(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/Red%20Rocks%20Classic%202008/ap3518613.jpg)

Golden Wheelbarrow - Val and the 1.5L Half Six:
(IMG:http://www.rccauto.com/cars/GoldW.JPG)
(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/Red%20Rocks%20Classic%202008/aap3518444.jpg)

Congratulations everyone!
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Sep 23 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 23 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #5

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town (no? look at that picture gang) covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Sep 23 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #6

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

Blah, blah, blah.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yappin.gif) They weren't in an ass dragger. They win. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Sep 23 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #7

914 Wizard

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 03:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

That "Long Distance" award thing was a "farce". I woke up at 4:10 AM MST in Baltimore on Friday just to come to this event and you gave the award to some guy who drank his way from town-to-town (no? look at that picture gang) covering some 1,250.25 less miles than me and it took him what... a couple of weeks to get there? Farce I say... farce!

Eric,
did you hit any of that flooding on the way home
I hope you were a good boy scout and prepaired for the high water line
b
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 23 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #8

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 23 2008, 01:44 PM) *

Thanks Guys!

E,
Let's face the facts. You and I both know that the brakes are the most important system on the car. You build brakes. Jeff builds engines. Six cylinder engines. The brakes are important but all the glamour goes to the engine builder. You may have really won the Long Distance Award but The RRC guys have to go with the glamour boy... Even if he did work on expanding his liver while driving to the event. I'm just sorry I didn't know he was passing through so could have bought him a Bud Light! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 23 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #9

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744

To think I even stuck up for the periwinkle color wheels.

We left on wednesday to Reno, stayed a day and a half drove 12 hours straight to Torrey. 2700miles round trip.
IN A 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 23 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #10

PMB Performance

did you hit any of that flooding on the way home

No... I went home on a flat bed. I hit a coffee stop in Scipio and backed over some strage clothes line that was somehow "inadvertantly" tied to an engine oil line. The line snapped under the pressure and all my oil went bye-bye... is that the flood you're talking about?

Periwinkle Rocks!!
+Quote Post
brant
post Sep 23 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #11

914 Wizard

tell me your joking...
I'll gladly admit I bought the hook

+Quote Post
Ferg
post Sep 23 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

How much for the Periwinkle? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 23 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #13

PMB Performance

tell me your joking...

Well... what happens when you tie a line to an engine oil line?
+Quote Post
brant
post Sep 23 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #14

914 Wizard

the small rotten string hopefully breaks when it hits resistance?
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 23 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #15

PMB Performance

Gotcha...

Funny joke. I don't know what it was because I left at 5:10 and didn't stop until I got to the grocery store a few blocks from home at 8:15. I mention the times in case Ron is reading. I was home in just over 3 hours Ron (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

All that was left was a weird blue cotton chord with a weird nylon rope on it. The nylon was all frayed from flapping down the road.

I almost hit 3 "Bunny Phoo-Phoo's" on the way home. The damn things run right for the car and then turn on a dime. Didn't really "need" coffee at that point. Them things are BIG. The stand about 24" with ears. A jack rabbit would not be kind to the front air damn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Sep 23 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

I got the 2.0 out of Val's car... Exhaust valve tapped the piston....just a little indent, hopefully only a bent stem.

(IMG:http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Sleepin1974/100_2013-1.jpg)

Eric - Are you selling the Periwinkle? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 23 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #17

PMB Performance

but all the glamour goes to the engine builder

I know... he was rubbing it in too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hey Jethro... what do you think about the springs on the clutch disc itself? They mentioned they thought they might be too loose when they looked at it last time.

Eric - Are you selling the Periwinkle?

No... it would take a special owner to be able to forge ahead in a pink shirt with baby blue stripes on a car. I haven't found any of ye homos capable of manning up enough to pull it off. Ferg is close but hell, he likes "brown" cars. That's about-a safe-a man color as it gets.

Happy to see the car-nage isn't too bad.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 23 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #18

914 Wizard

Hey Jethro... what do you think about the springs on the clutch disc itself? They mentioned they thought they might be too loose when they looked at it last time.

Maybe ??? do you have solid tranny mounts ?

Rob's argument has no bearing it was purely a decision decided by vote of present NARP peers.
Your a vendor for goodness sake, you had better show up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
I am just a guy with a way out of control hobby. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

SOO the exhaust valve is stretched ??? Were is Slits ??
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 24 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #19

PMB Performance

Maybe ??? do you have solid tranny mounts ?

Nope... Believe it or not, everything on that car was done with the intent of making an RS clone. Nothing too harsh etc. Stock springs (except the rears are 26mm for the impending 3.0 transplant). 930 sways. Stock engine and tranny mounts etc.

I ordered a new disc today. If I'm going to throw money at it, that's never wasted. It's hard to believe the springs can rattle that much. I listened to it again this AM... plausable I guess.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 24 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #20

914 Wizard

Give me piece of mind and check the FW bolts.

of course in wich the shop will never admit that they were loose, oh it was the disk.

going back under my 914
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:29 PM