Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Lost my brother today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BMXerror
Well... What the title says. He worked on heavy equipment, and something fell on him. We still don't know all the details. He was 29 years old, and one of the kindest men I ever knew. He was always up for a good time and loved anything with a motor... or two. He was an enormous help with race prepping the 914! Whenever there was a project that I was stuck on, he would come up with some ingenious solution in no time flat, and he was always willing to put in the wrench work when it was crunch time for no pay! He just loved working on things. Plus, he was always willing to help people for no return! He was just a very loving and generous man. I'm not sure how I'll do it without him. I will finish the car, though! It's what he would've wanted.
A couple of you may have met him by my side on parts runs or at the two AX events we attended. The PCA event at Snow Valley was his first and last, but he managed a VERY respectable 5th place in a car that he was unfamiliar with and that was way under powered in the field! He was just like that. He was good at anything he attempted, and he made it look easy! That race was my small way of trying to show my appreciation for all he'd done for me, but it got him all enthused about racing. The very next day he came into my room and was like, "Hey, there's an autocross in Bakersfield in about a month! lol He just loved life!
I'm still kinda numb right now, but I know he's going to leave a huge hole in a lot of people's lives! Below is a picture of him from Snow Valley. He's the fat party animal with the straw hat on and I'm the twig boy to the right! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
I'm sure I'll find a better picture later, but his kicked back demeanor is how I'll remember him. Thanks for letting me vent.

James Allen DeShon II Dec. 1st 1978- Sep. 23rd 2008
sad.gif
Mark D.
Gint
Words fail me. That's terrible and I'm sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
Heeltoe914
+1 I cant even try to understand how you feel. I dont wont to feel that kind of pain. Bless you and yours.
tapout
Thoughts and prayers from a new member in Minnesota. Hang in there.- Kel
rick 918-S
I'm so sorry to read this. There are no words.
G e o r g e
my sincere condolences

jd74914
I too am at a loss for words; I am so sorry for your loss Mark.Loosing one of my brothers is unimaginable. May he rest in peace and the good memories remain forever. My prayers are going out to you and your family.
carr914
Mark, I truly feel your pain as I lost my best friend, Ronnie, today. I know of no words other that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

T.C.
scotty b
Really sorry man, I can't imagine what you're going through. sad.gif
Bruce Hinds
That's about as tough as it gets I think. My brother died 35 years ago... I was 25, he was 19. I'd just survived Viet Nam and he dies of cancer. Like you, we shared a passion, we wanted to build cars and airplanes together.

All I can say is that you will inherit a part of his spirit and you will now live your life for the both of you. It won't be easy, and you'll never forget. But you're life will be richer having know him. Promise....
Bruce
old V8 guy
jc914
my sincere condolences
Mark Henry
Lost my Brother to the big C a couple of years back, so I feel your pain, but...29, damn that sucks

Sorry for your loss.
byndbad914
OMG sooooo sorry man. My uncle was killed in the similar fashion - he was working under some farm equipment and the jack failed - down it came.
JRust
Man that really sucks. Had a scare with my bro just a few months ago. He's had a heart condition since birth. Everything worked out though. Still was hard to imagine my life without him in it. I feel for you man. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I'm so sorry for your loss
scottb
no words that make sense...

my condolences....

be well.
stateofidleness
wow. condolences from texas.
I just lost my last grandparent so I feel for ya
jasons
No words.... Godspeed.

tronporsche
I Hope things can be lite weight for you, this is certainly a heavy load to bare. Hang in there man, you might have to be the family member to keep it together for everyone. I am so sad to hear about this.
watsonrx13
I too am at a loss for words...my sincere condolences...

-- Rob
dlestep
...the empty loss is hard to deal with...there will be a day that his memory will start to heal the gap...
I lost my youngest brother, Kevin, in a car accident. The hardest thing for me was during the wake, I was holding my grandson in my arms as I told everyone that I held my brother in the same way. Today, I see a piece of my brother in all of my other siblings, and even in some of his friends.
Peace for your heart...celebrate his life...and carry him forward within yourself.
messix
that sucks, no words for such a sudden loss. sad.gif
BMXerror
Thank you all for your kind words. I've never lost someone so close, (or close at all) and my words all seemed rather empty when I consoled others, but trust me, they do mean a lot! I'm still kinda numb, but it was very hard to tell my best friend. She never met him, but I figured she'd want to know.
I forgot to post this before. A link to my brother's Flickr account! Ury ought to know this one!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/socalracepics
Photography was his latest hobby. He was multi-talented. He was also thinking of getting a 914 and joining up here since he had become so familiar with mine and had come to love them and all Porsches! He was super excited when I told him that Porsche will be the featured car at the Monterey Historics next year and said 'we have to go!' Just kinda rambling on right now, and trying to keep track of all the people cycling through my house. He was well loved by many! Thanks again. Thank God for the -World
Mark D.
P.S. Carr914, I already sent some love your way. Thank you. We'll get through it.
Joe Owensby
Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from South Carolina. JoeO
So.Cal.914
I am Sorry for your loss, did that 40 years back. He will always be in your heart and if you listen close he will still be there. God Bless you and your Family, my wife and I will pray for you all.
Lou W
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.
championgt1
So sorry. You and your family will be in our prayers.
kpfoten
My prayers are with you, man. You've got a great community of friends here, and even though many of us don't know you, we feel what you're going through and hope for the best for you and yours.
davep
Our sincere condolences.
iamchappy
My heart goes out to you and yours.
Twystd1
I'm sending you the most loving vibes I can muster.

I am kinda speechless.

Clayton
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif Very sorry to hear of this news. My family will keep you and your family in our prayers.
justdrive914
I wanted to let you know I feel your pain, my uncle who was like a father to my died four years ago this last july, He was the guy who got me into the 914 he gave me his old one to restore and I helped him with his 911 all the time, I hope that everything goes well and I'm sorry for your loss.

Andrew
skeates
You will be in our prayers here in Sacramento. sad.gif Peace and hope to you and your family
Mrs. K
Not much anyone can say except how sorry we are for your loss sad.gif

Life is so precious, and losing your brother like that.......so young and

so suddenly is horrible!

I sincerely hope you can only remember the wonderful things about him

and that it was just his time (I guess)

I know that is what the ministers and priests usually say,

it seems like BS to me, but I do believe that the good die young...........

which is why I will live to 100!

My sincere condolences.....God bless you, your family and all who loved him! icon12.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
plymouth37
I can't even begin to imagine the hurt you must be feeling.
Remember the good times and know that he is looking out for you from above.
I am so sorry for your loss, hang in there buddy.

Dana
dw914er
my condolences as well. Hang in there.
Gustl
my sincere condolences

can't say any more ...

zymurgist
I'm sorry to hear this. Losing a close family member is hard whether you have advance warning or not. sad.gif
VaccaRabite
Sucks dude. sad.gif I'm sorry for your loss. I had a good time looking through his race pictures.

Zach
nsr-jamie
I am so sorry to hear that, nothing I can say other than my sincere condolences to you and your Family in these hard times.
914rrr
That is a tragic story, and we feel your pain.

Our thoughts are with you, friends, and family.

Rob and Nel
Sorry to hear.... God Speed to your Brother.. Three weeks ago I lost a good buddy of 35 years. Leo Gin... he was all ways there to assist me in pulling the -6 motor and or 911 motors with me. Hit me hard too. It will be better, but it will take time. All the best
carr914
Mark, I sent your my Cell# if you need to talk.

T.C.
Eric_Shea
Very sorry for your loss. sad.gif
dbgriffith75
Sorry for your loss... sad.gif My condolences to you and your family.

MrZir
My condolences to you and your family for your loss.
TravisNeff
sad.gif That's rough. My condolences.
r_towle
Celebrate your brother and the time you had to spend with him.
Remember his great qualities. The fun times, the great times.

Finish the car and live life like he would have wanted.
Be strong...you will get through it.

Rich
anderssj
So sorry for your loss--here's hoping you will find comfort in happy memories . . . .
hwgunner
GODSPEED!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.