Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions for the pros
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LeNoah
A couple quick qustions for you seasoned teeners from a newbie.

I changed out the broken ext door handles and put in the old lock cylinders. All works fine but there is a small, very thin bushing/washer that goes around the cylinder bfore it goes back into the mechanism. Everyone I have seen falls apart in pieces when the cylinder is removed. Is there any source for that part? Or a substitute/work around?

Headlights work in low beam but go dark when I hit high beams. New bulbs? A relay? Switch? Can I buy a pair of halogens (lots of 'em on ebay) and just plug & play or do they require other mods?

Thanks for the help.

LN idea.gif
ws91420
Check Pelican or Auto Atlanta for the bushing. For the lights check fuses first, then relays. H6054 bulbs will hook up fine.
SGB
I dunno about the lock cylinders thing. The headlight thing is almost certainly a bad high beam relay, under the dash to the left of the steering wheel, on the side of the fuse panel. I
dbgriffith75
1.Remove the lock cylinder and handle entirely and just use a screwdriver to open your door.
2. Secure LED MAG lights to your hood with duct tape.

Problems solved. ;D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.