Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 V8 914 street rod.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Mar 5 2009, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Mar 4 2009, 01:19 AM) *

Sean,

I haven't heard from Jonathan (street legal go cart) so.... she is still for sale.

Roger

You're having a tough time of this sale aren't you. I just put a deposit down on one at CAMP914. I wish you luck. In fact I will make it a mission tomorrow to convince one of the impressionable young sailors on the submarine that I am stationed aboard to buy yours. They seemed to like mine, and 80HP sounds a lot less impressive that what you have.

lol-2.gif

popcorn[1].gif
2bsure
What's the cost of replacing that transaxle with one that you are including in the sale?
biosurfer1
Roger...bring it to the swap meet here in Sac on the 28th along with any stuff you got laying around to sell.

If you brought that center console, I'm pretty sure I could be talked into buying it.
mojorisen914
Roger,

I sent you a PM a day or so ago. Give me a shout back.

Dr. Roger
i am pulling the car off the market.

we'll see where things go from here.

for those who showed interest, thank you. =)

roger

rhodyguy
i hope things turn around for you roger.

k
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 22 2009, 10:58 AM) *

i hope things turn around for you roger.

k

Thank you Sir. I do appreciate it.

Roger
TJB/914
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Mar 21 2009, 04:14 PM) *

i am pulling the car off the market.

we'll see where things go from here.

for those who showed interest, thank you. =)

roger

Dr. R

Sorry it didn't work out, your 914-V/8 is a good one. I really like your car & sometimes its a blessing in disguise if you can keep it.

Tom
sotaro
Dr. Roger,
I imagine that this may be a sore subject and if so do not reply, but should your car return to the market, what if any frame stiffening has it? Roll bar? So, the current state is that the trans needs work and it tends to run hot when cruising? on a hot day? A hot day meaning? Anything else? Also, forgive my ignorance, but how do you insure this vehicle? How does it do entering driveways, or how low is it? Thanks
Dr. Roger
to address your questions in order;

there is no frame stiffening in it and my door clearances have not compressed to any perceptible degree. no roll-bar.

the engine temps to creep up while driving it on the highway but stay cool in stop and go traffic on hot days. IMHO, that tells me i need to open up the exhaust ducts in the fender wells.

the tranny needs help and this deal came with 2 spare trannys.

i insure this car as "stated value". meaning an insurance adjuster might value it as a '74 POS, but i know that it will take much more that that to repair/replace it. my stated value is much higher.

hope that answers all of your questions.

thanks for tuning in. wink.gif

QUOTE(sotaro @ Mar 28 2009, 04:29 PM) *

Dr. Roger,
I imagine that this may be a sore subject and if so do not reply, but should your car return to the market, what if any frame stiffening has it? Roll bar? So, the current state is that the trans needs work and it tends to run hot when cruising? on a hot day? A hot day meaning? Anything else? Also, forgive my ignorance, but how do you insure this vehicle? How does it do entering driveways, or how low is it? Thanks

TC 914-8
Hi Dr. Roger,
Your car looks great, if it was a year earlier I would be very interested. I did buy a V-8 car from Craig about a year ago. I hope things get better for you and you keep your car.
You mentioned you had a couple of transaxles offered with the carif it sells. Any chance they are available for purchace separatly? Mine is working fine, but I want to start tinkering with the ratios, and have a spare to boot.
let me know when you have a chance,

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.