Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 V8 914 street rod.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
Dr. Roger
'74 V8 914 For Sale.

Engine:
355 cubic inch Chevrolet 4 bolt main.
350+HP/350+ft. lbs. torque.
Cooling by high volume Meziere remote electric water pump to a Griffin 3" aluminum radiator.
Dual fans encased in custom aluminum shroud and fiberglass ducting.
Renegade front pulley, motor mounts, alternator brackets, High Energy Ignition system.
Weber/Edelbrock 750cfm mechanical secondary carburetor.
Aluminum Medium rise, split plenum intake.
Fresh valve job, fresh seals. Some relieving of intake and exhaust ports (porting)
Chrome headers. +5HP... LOL wink.gif
Modified Corvette dual outlet/dual exhaust.
Holley electric fuel pump.
High torque mini starter
This engine is the perfect combination of broad torque and horsepower bands for this 914.

Transaxle:
Porsche 901 with extra fast 5th gear (flipped H gear) and 1st gear deleted.
It recently began making a bearing sound but comes with 2 extra transmissions.
Kennedy Engineering Products adapter plate, flywheel, and clutch package.

Front suspension:
All 911 Carrera with Elephant Racing torsion bars (pretty firm).
Turbo-tie rods and bushings.
Bilstein struts.
Tracks straight and true.

Rear suspension:
Koni Sport adjustable shocks.
140lb hypercoil springs
Coleman adjustable height perches.
911 axles with 110mm CV's. The largest CV's you can put through stock trailing arms.
911 hubs and stub axles.

Brakes:
Front: Stock Carrera with Porterfield pads. 3.5" caliper bolt spacing.

Rear: Rotors are 911 vented and cross drilled.
Calipers are Eric Shea built spaced calipers to retain stock emergency brake with Porterfield pads.

Tires and wheels:
Porsche 996 Twin-turbo hollow-spoke alloys. 8X18 and 11X18's with Ernie's Alloy's aluminum spacers.
Michelin Pilot Sports 295-30-ZR18's in the rear and 225-40-ZR18's up front.

Body:
Sheridan rear flares. Rolled front fenders. Stock front and rear fenders. Fiberglass top.
MOMO Race steering wheel.
No accidents.
Fiberglass air damn under front fender.
Pneumatic rear trunk shocks installed.
No rust in hell hole that I can see.
A native California car.

Comes with:
2 extra working transaxles
Two front sway bars. 1 stock and another is infinitely adjustable aftermarket bar.
Extra set of front vented rotors
A 3 gauge center console with factory gauges
Two Porsche Cookie Cutter rims with Yokohama stickies.

She is a daily driver.
Reduced price for a fourth time.... Now asking $8900
Sixth price reduction..... $8500.

Seventh time..... $7800.

I'm sorry... but this is an emergency sales price and she's got to go immediately. Please don't take advantage of my situation. =-(

IPB Image
tronporsche
Dr, that is no doubt a mean ride !!! If I had the cash, I would jump on it , that is a nice price. You deserve it.
justdrive914
Why you selling her?
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(justdrive914 @ Oct 5 2008, 07:45 PM) *

Why you selling her?

$$$

Working capital for new business.
... but I'll be back!

I'll probably try and buy her back later, from who ever buys her from me now. laugh.gif beerchug.gif
Dr. Roger
Now asking $11K. biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif
capital_g
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Oct 25 2008, 01:37 AM) *

Now asking $11K. biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif

PM sent.
Dr. Roger
Now asking $10,500. =)

Makes a great early Christmas gift.

driving.gif

shades.gif
Spoke
Just a little icon_bump.gif for ya.

I wish I was buying a 914 right now instead of selling one. This is a smoking deal. Got any more pictures or a build thread. I'd love to see some close ups.
Dr. Roger
I guess pictures would help... biggrin.gif

I'll pull her out tomorrow and hopefully the sun will be out, and snap some pictures.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's now obvious I don't sell cars too often. driving.gif
Dr. Roger
Took some pics. Yes, they are big.

icon_bump.gif
Dr. Roger
Someone asked.... and...

The front and rear suspension height is adjustable.
Dr. Roger
asdf ;lkj
Dr. Roger
You'd think I'd try to hold the camera level, wouldn't you. LOL =)
Dr. Roger
asdfasdfasdf
Dr. Roger
asdfasdfasdfasfd
Dr. Roger
asdfasdfasdfasdf
Dr. Roger
asdfasdf
Dr. Roger
sdfadfadf
Dr. Roger
asdfasdf
Dr. Roger
Don't know the mfg... but it is 22mm infinitely adjustable with drop links. Comes with the deal.
Dr. Roger
Now $9999. dry.gif

chowtime.gif
Dr. Roger
A built V8 914 now for $9825. All of the hard work is done.

You get a fresh 355cid engine.
2 spare transaxles.
5 bolt wheel conversion done the right way.
Huge rubber and the power to move it.

Selling at a huge loss...
Times are tough.

Steve
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Dec 11 2008, 08:05 PM) *

Don't know the mfg... but it is 22mm infinitely adjustable with drop links. Comes with the deal.

Its a Weltmeister 22mm sway bar. I have one on my car. Good luck with the sale. Killer deal!!
pktzygt
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 19 2009, 11:07 AM) *

Its a Weltmeister 22mm sway bar. I have one on my car. Good luck with the sale. Killer deal!!

I already ordered my Renegade suby kit before you ordered your price. I would have loved to buy your car. Good luck with the sale.
Dr. Roger
I appreciate that. smile.gif

Someone will walk away with a lot of car for the money.

beerchug.gif

QUOTE(pktzygt @ Jan 26 2009, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 19 2009, 11:07 AM) *

I already ordered my Renegade suby kit before you ordered your price. I would have loved to buy your car. Good luck with the sale.

Dr. Roger
Reduced again.

$8900

Cash
Cash and trade considered.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 11 2009, 09:41 PM) *

Reduced again.

$8900

Cash
Cash and trade considered.

Dr. R,

I just don't understand why this 914-Street Rod has not sold!!!! I just read through the specs and the cost of the parts alone would be double the asking price. This is a smoking deal for someone wanting a SBC 914.

My only suggestion is to change the wording to "1974 914-Chev Pwd'd Rust Free Street Rod". popcorn[1].gif I'd drop the word "Bebe" because no one knows what that means or cares, sell the things that stires emotion. stirthepot.gif
Good luck with the sale, I'd go the ebay route.

Tom
Dr. Roger
i changed the wording as i think you are right.

someone will get a heck of a deal on a rust free V8 914. there is actually a little surface rust in the trunk but that's about it. floors, jack point, longs, and battery tray look pretty good.

ebay may be just the ticket. i've never sold anything on ebay so i'm a little hesitant to make my 914 my first big sale experience.
dkjens
Dr. R,

I just told somebody down here in the Los Angeles area about your car, I'd expect him to contact you. And yes, that is one heck of a deal on a great car, if I could get money for mine, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
pktzygt
I should find out pretty soon if my car is totaled. I'm still watching this thread.
porsche914subie
Dr. Roger
I'll take the car, need you to contact me at 541-921-7054 or email me at brownietoday@yahoo.com ...Roy thank you Oregon
porsche914subie
QUOTE(porsche914subie @ Feb 15 2009, 08:09 AM) *

Dr. Roger
I'll take the car, need you to contact me at 541-921-7054 or email me at brownietoday@yahoo.com ...Roy thank you Oregon

If anyone knows how to contact Dr. Roger let me know, for I can make payment arrangements..thank you
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(porsche914subie @ Feb 15 2009, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(porsche914subie @ Feb 15 2009, 08:09 AM) *

Dr. Roger

If anyone knows how to contact Dr. Roger let me know, for I can make payment arrangements..thank you

Car is not sold.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 12 2009, 10:23 PM) *

i changed the wording as i think you are right.

someone will get a heck of a deal on a rust free V8 914. there is actually a little surface rust in the trunk but that's about it. floors, jack point, longs, and battery tray look pretty good.

ebay may be just the ticket. i've never sold anything on ebay so i'm a little hesitant to make my 914 my first big sale experience.

Dr. R,

Thanks for taking my advise. I am sure activity picked up with the new Street Rod wording to this smoking deal. I even thought long & hard about your 914-V/8 as a stable mate. This is a car with all the hard work done & just needs finishing to taste. I would have then taken the engine & interior out to paint it Mercedes,"Iridium Silver" and would have bought Bxstr's Red Interior (now gone). I estimated I could have put the whole package together for $12K to $15K & way under $$ what I could sell it for. Porsche914stubie got a great deal. w00t.gif

Tom, My humble opinion bye1.gif

Dr. Roger
Thomas,

Believe me, if I didn't need to liquidate some assets, that's exactly what I was going to do. beerchug.gif

As soon as the Real Estate business gets up to speed, I'll be starting another 914.

But I'll be buying it with all the hard upgrades already complete like this car is now. dry.gif smile.gif

'Cause
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88820
QUOTE(porsche914subie @ Feb 10 2009, 07:40 AM) *

Consider the car sold, please call me or email me to arrange payment and pickup. thank you. Call me at 503-623-2558 or email me at brownietoday@yahoo.com. Ask for Tom or Roy

QUOTE(porsche914subie @ Feb 15 2009, 09:09 AM) *

Dr. Roger

Dr R.

May or may not be odd, /914subie, buying both of these...
If the deal for your's 'falls through', please contact me.
Dr. Roger
Thank you, Ken.

If Roy decides that he can't pull the money together, you'll be next in line.

Best regards,
Roger

QUOTE('Cause @ Feb 16 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Consider the car sold, please call me or email me to arrange payment and pickup. thank you. Call me at 503-623-2558 or email me at brownietoday@yahoo.com. Ask for Tom or Roy

Dr. Roger

Dr R.

'Cause
PM or Email should be able to reach me.
Again, not trying to start any strife.

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 16 2009, 11:49 PM) *

Thank you, Ken.

If Roy decides that he can't pull the money together, you'll be next in line.

Best regards,
Roger

QUOTE('Cause @ Feb 16 2009, 12:34 PM) *

Dr. Roger

Dr R.

Dr. Roger
Just a heads-up...

My transaxle developed a sound and one guess is that a bearing or two is the source of the sound or an idler gear. I don't know.

I am including two spare transaxles with the deal.

Ken, are you still interested?
'Cause
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 17 2009, 04:53 PM) *

Just a heads-up...

My transaxle developed a sound and one guess is that a bearing or two is the source of the sound or an idler gear. I don't know.

Roger- So this transaxle is the installed bad one;
Transaxle:

Calculated top speed of over 180MPH.
Kennedy Engineering Products adapter plate, flywheel, and clutch package

Are the others sideshifters, any known shifting/brearing issues with the other two?
What would it take ($ aprox) to have one of the other two configured like the one in it?
Dr. Roger
Correct.

Dr. Evil (on this website), and I'm sure others, know how to either repair the installed transaxle, or bring over the "H" gears to one of the spare transaxles.
You can test drive the car but it will make a noise from the transaxle.

Roger

QUOTE('Cause @ Feb 18 2009, 06:14 AM) *

Just a heads-up...

Transaxle:

Are the others sideshifters, any known shifting/brearing issues with the other two?
What would it take ($ aprox) to have one of the other two configured like the one in it?

'Cause
I'll see ya next week... you have my numbers, if you would like PM yours and we can figure a time to get together.

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 18 2009, 10:31 AM) *

Correct.

Dr. Evil (on this website), and I'm sure others, know how to either repair the installed transaxle, or bring over the "H" gears to one of the spare transaxles.
You can test drive the car but it will make a noise from the transaxle.

Roger

QUOTE('Cause @ Feb 18 2009, 06:14 AM) *

Just a heads-up...

Transaxle:

'Cause
Roger--
I here in SanFran, can you call me on my cell?
Dr. Roger
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Reduced price, hopefully for the last time.

I really don't want to go into foreclosure. Seriously.
Dr. Roger

Havent' heard from Ken.... I did leave 2 VM's and a PM.

So a seventh price reduction.... $7800.

I'm sorry... but this is an emergency sales price and she's got to go immediately. Please don't take advantage of my situation. =-(
If you would like to make an offer directly, please call me @ 510-504-0402 and leave a message. I will return your calls ASAP.

Thanks guys and gals.

Roger
pktzygt
QUOTE('Cause @ Feb 18 2009, 09:14 AM) *

Just a heads-up...

Transaxle:

Well I found out that my 914 is totaled last night. I have a few days before I get my insurance check.

I am very interested in your car but I have a couple things to think about before I could buy though. Like shipping across the country. Forgive me if I ask some questions that I'll get answered in your progress thread. How does it do as a daily driver? Really no rust problems? In the mean time I'm going to go back over your other thread.

I should get a chance to call you tomorrow.

Sean
Dr. Roger
Hi Sean,

There is some surface rust in the rear trunk at the lowest point and will sand out easily.

I drove this car daily last summer. It's nice to buy a car that's been driven regularly and most of the issues have been resolved.
The car runs at about 185 in summer rush hour traffic.
I was told that the cooling system has an airflow issue. When it is highway cruising the temperature creeps up. Therefore, I need to open up the wheel-wells up a bit more as the cooling system is more than adequate.

Jonathan (street legal go cart) is coming by on Monday to take a look, and a spin.

I will let you know what he decides.

I WILL be back...
biggrin.gif
Roger
pktzygt
OK, I'll be waiting. Thanks.
Dr. Roger
Sean,

I haven't heard from Jonathan (street legal go cart) so.... she is still for sale.

Roger
pktzygt
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Mar 4 2009, 01:19 AM) *

Sean,

I haven't heard from Jonathan (street legal go cart) so.... she is still for sale.

Roger

You're having a tough time of this sale aren't you. I just put a deposit down on one at CAMP914. I wish you luck. In fact I will make it a mission tomorrow to convince one of the impressionable young sailors on the submarine that I am stationed aboard to buy yours. They seemed to like mine, and 80HP sounds a lot less impressive that what you have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.