Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my gauges done...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twise
Well, the devil is in the details for sure. Who would have thought that seatbelts would be such a pain in the ass (to obatin). Now I know I have been saying it is going to upholstery for like three months, but now it is for sure headed there, wait for it, tomorrow.

IPB Image
Man they aint kidding when they say NOS (new old stock)...
IPB Image
I am pretty happy with the look, can't wait to see it with the dash installed...
IPB Image
Looks simple enough, but it wasn't
IPB Image
I may have to go with a bigger wheel...

Anyone know how I can go about popping that oil level module out of there and replacing it with a volt module?

I want the one gauge center console look - plus I need room for the lcd screen. I believe it can be done, jus curious if anyone had some info that would save me from more research.

IPB Image

IPB Image

SGB
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 8 2008, 07:09 PM) *

Anyone know how I can go about popping that oil level module out of there and replacing it with a volt module?

I want the one gauge center console look - plus I need room for the lcd screen. I believe it can be done, jus curious if anyone had some info that would save me from more research.

popcorn[1].gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 8 2008, 04:09 PM) *

If the 911 levels gauge is like the 914 gauge (and I'm pretty sure it is... I don't own one yet), you should just have to undo 4 screws on the back of the gauge housing to remove the module, and angle it a bit to get it out.

The problem is, that will still leave you with the "tank" and "oel" legends on the gauge face. To change the face, you have to pry the bezel off the gauge. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to carefully pry the back of the bezel until you can slip it off.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
marks914
Cross post, but here it is:
It depends on what level gauge you want to do. Just the module, or re-do the whole gauge.
Mark

IPB Image

marks914
Here are some getty dash gauges with the 914 orientation and 914 fuel gauge installed

Mark
marks914
Here are some getty dash gauges with the 914 orientation and 914 fuel gauge installed

Mark
neo914-6
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 8 2008, 05:09 PM) *

IPB Image

nice grille, for the coupe? rolleyes.gif
tronporsche
that gauge plate looks real nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.