Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 West Coast Classic 2004 Poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 11 2004, 06:00 AM)
I don't know if any of you noticed, but...

CON: Dave Barber's Mid West Classic is a week after our WCC
I'd hate to see us rain all over his event

I know it's gonna be hard to please everybody
(damned if you do, damned if you don't)

My preference would be the original date or move it up 2 or 3 weeks (end of june)

Just my 0.02 euro

cheers,

Jeroen

Ya, If we could locate an AX, Show and shine/ concours, etc. in that slot it may be better. We'll see what life tosses us.
boxstr
Can we find out if there will be room for motorhomes at this event, when and wherever it is located.
Thanks
CCLINLO
Jeroen
Ok, so to cut things short...
The final date will depend on the lot where the AX / Concours can be held (right?)

Bottom line:
The poll shows that what ever date we pic, there's enough people who will show up for the event

I suggest we close this poll/thread and leave it to the event-planners to set a final date (what ever it will be)

cheers,

Jeroen
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for the great feedback with this Poll. After less than 4 days of being up, we hereby declare it a huge success and it has given us solid encouragement. The poll shows that it’s a dead heat in terms of preferred dates for the event, and that we should expect to see at least ~50 attendees and probably a few more with active promotion between now and then. Those are very encouraging indications without any real publicity. Not everyone can attend on either date selected, but its good to see that either date will work for most.

There are a couple of essential items remaining to be resolved before the final dates for the WCC can be determined and the planning committee is working on those voraciously. It would be premature to select and publicize the event dates until sometime in mid to late March, after those issues are resolved.

Stay tuned and don't delay in getting your 914s ready for a whooping good time! cool.gif
Britain Smith
My only concern for the later date is the Monteray Historics and the 912 Rendezvous 2004 (I know you don't care) are both in Monteray the next two weekend. There is a bunch going on that month.

-Britain
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 11 2004, 06:00 AM)
CON: Dave Barber's Mid West Classic is a week after our WCC
I'd hate to see us rain all over his event

all due respect - how many people east of the Intermountain region are seriously considering attending the west coast event ? okay - one or two...

an event 1500 miles away is not serious competition...

there's a teeny chance i can attend Dave's event, and zero chance i'm going to California this year. true, i am planning on attending the Daytona Rennfest instead of the Hershey swapmeet/autocross that's right next door. i'm sure i'm not alone. i'm also sure the event will go on just fine without me.

the later event also conflicts with Parade. if you check the Zone calendars from every coastal PCA zone from the mid-Atlantic region clockwise through to the Pacific Northwet, there's -something- going on -every- weekend of the year.

more than anything - dates are governed by venues, and people will continue to have to make choices.

and remember - THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR. do you think a Parade is thrown together in 6 months ? the 2005 Parade committee is meeting MONTHY now - 18 months out ! remember all these wonderful ideas about locations and events and activities and be ready to execute for the 2005 event.

venues like to have contracts sewn up in the fourth quarter for the following year so they can publish calendars and budget promotional activities. people with strong preferences on putting together an event that didn't get their way this year should be starting work on the 2005 event.
EdwardBlume
Keep the faith ya all. Its worthwhile....
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
Has a decision been made ???? Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
eresener
Here in the midwest...TWEEKS is having their Porsche Funfest on June 5-6...just to let you know
rick 918-S
QUOTE(eresener @ Feb 14 2004, 05:12 AM)
Here in the midwest...TWEEKS is having their Porsche Funfest on June 5-6...just to let you know

Aw that's an all Porsche event! The Classic will be a powerful display of the only real Porsche worth owning. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.