Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke down and bought new parts..Koni's..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So once I get these fancy adjustable Koni's on my car, will I really notice the different settings?

Do most people that run these play with the settings all that much?

Soft for everyday and cranked up for full stiffness on the weekends??
Or is that just a ploy in the ads?

I was hoping to get my other shocks rebuilt to save some money.....very bad time to be spending mega-bucks....we all got our pay cut 20% effective in a few weeks.....it's a pisser, but better than the alternative sad.gif
Bleyseng
You only have yours set on "hard" on the weekends?
I set mine on "soft" during the daytime and "hard" at night, I notice quite a difference.
Geoff happy11.gif
ChrisReale
I think they are great. Full hard is fucking stiff. Full soft is a bit harder than stock, from what Ive heard. For AX(cause Im such a seasoned pro unsure.gif I mostly set the fronts on 3/4 to full hard and adjust the rears as needed.
airsix
Mike, I can very much tell the difference between one setting and a 360 degree turn of the knob in either direction. I run mine (Koni yellows - 911 part #, not 914) one and a half turns in from full soft on most autocross corses (For slalom I use 1/2 turn less and it's a noticeable change). More than that is too stiff for my setup and doesn't work as well. On the street I often run full soft (which for yellows is still stiff) YMMV

-Ben M.
Joseph Mills
Mike,
I've been running mine at 1 3/4 turns from full hard for AX. This is basically right in the middle of the total adjustable amount.

It is soooo nice to run them at full soft setting on the street. Much gentler. Rides like a Caddy. Well......

In the near future I hope to try other adjustments (less in the back as Chris stated) on a skidpad and some selected semi-bumpy ramps.

You'll like'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.