Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Oklahoman Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
A&PGirl
Here are some old pictures, people can photoshop up.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Todd Enlund
Down and dirty, pretty crude, halfway between Olympic and Alaska, and obviously they don't show the rockers, but:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Right side, left side for photoshop pics.

Please note the bondo hiding all it's woes.
SirAndy
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 15 2008, 05:46 PM) *

Right side, left side for photoshop pics.

Adriatic Blue, black rockers and black top, body color bumpers and just because i can, bodycolor wheels too ...

bye1.gif Andy

Dave_Darling
Too much blue IMHO. Silver wheels are mo' bettah here. I'm not sure about the bumpers though, could go just about any way there.

--DD
Lavanaut
License plate? CKMNSTR
A&PGirl
I was over at Clay's on Sunday and met him and his wife. Real nice people. smile.gif I got some parts there and then ran over to my Great Aunt's place in Grand Prairie.

It was so warm that day compared to Oklahoma. Brr...
A&PGirl
So, I finally went got some price quotes on paint Monday afternoon. Will 1 gal. of paint cover the car and the bumpers or will I need more?

I have 3 choices (all within my price range):

1) Base coat/clear coat (under $300)

2) Acrylic Urethane (under $200)

3) Acrylic Enamel (under $200)

Which should I choose?

scotty b
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 25 2008, 01:42 PM) *

So, I finally went got some price quotes on paint Monday afternoon. Will 1 gal. of paint cover the car and the bumpers or will I need more?

I have 3 choices (all within my price range):

1) Base coat/clear coat (under $300)

2) Acrylic Urethane (under $200)

3) Acrylic Enamel (under $200)

Which should I choose?

For color you will need 2 quarts. That will yield 1 gal after reducer is added. That will give you about 1 quart left over if all goes well.

Clear ? Count on the same or more depending on how well you can paint, and how nice a finish you want. 2 coats of clear is good if it lays out well. 2 quarts plus reducer and hardener

With, either single stage I would get 3-4 quarts. It's a little less forgiving to get it layed out slick. You will more than likely need to wet sand it so count on 3-4 coats. As a point of reference I got 3 quarts to do Mikes bus, and have about a quarts left for touch ups. 2.5 coats laid out pretty well, 1st coat wasn't a full coat.

Base / clear will look better with less maintenance, SLIGHTLY less chip prone, costs more
orange914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Dec 15 2008, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 12 2008, 03:03 PM) *

I have a question for the board about what to do about bumpers. The car will be non-flared painted Alaska blue metallic with sail and outer rockers painted in the same color.

Have you seen what your car would look like with painted rockers? If so, and you like it, then great... but if you haven't seen it, I'd advise you to look at pics of cars with painted rockers. In most cases, IMHO, the black adds visual weight to the bottom of the car. Without it, it tends to look top heavy and "fat". If you've got a pic, I can Photoshop it to give you an idea what it will look like.

i think the painted panels bring a lower stance look to it, but that may change with different colors. mine is signal orange and i really like the way it came out, i figured it would be real easy to convert back to black (and be that much more protected) if i didn't like it. i would say don't paint targa sides and top and make sure you add porsche stripe on the lower panel.

imo ...go for it! driving-girl.gif

mike
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
Hello, my name is James and I am stationed at Tinker AFB. I was just wondering if I am ever in Tulsa that maybe I could drop by and check out your 914 and the work you've done on it. aktion035.gif driving.gif
A&PGirl
I went out and got some work done today. All the interior is out except for the dash unit itself and the wire harness. Big PITA. chair.gif

I have confirmed that most of the E-brake system is not on the car and it is frozen at the rear R caliper. chair.gif I didn't check the rear L caliper, but I'm sure it's the same. dry.gif

I guess I need to rebuild the E-brake portion of the caliper too? confused24.gif

A&PGirl
One step closer...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Psgr Front Hinge pillar

A&PGirl
Last of Shiny new stuff

Click to view attachment

Stuff you need that you didn't think you could get from Porsche
...at reasonable prices laugh.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Todd Enlund
Okay... so what's left of the car??? blink.gif
A&PGirl
av-943.gif

All of this is to FIX the car. Let's just put it this way, I almost have enough metal to get a headstart on building another one. laugh.gif
A&PGirl
Progress Update:

My car is in dry storage with the other 2 while we're building a patio on the side of the house and a fence up so we can work on them. Hopeful estimates for the patio to be finished (barring weather, equipment rented out, and other things) in about 4 weeks. Then we're going to dig out a few trees and lots of bamboo and build a portable garage in the back yard.

As soon as the patio is done, the cars will be dragged back home and be safe and sound out of sight. smoke.gif

A&PGirl
Update:

I went over to por73914's place this morning and got some stuff. No pics because it was all taken directly to storage.

Paul, I sure wanted to get cracking on repairing the white car. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif x50
A&PGirl
Not forgotten or sold... biggrin.gif

School finished up last week and I have been busting my butt trying to get the lawn cleaned up so the fences can be put up and the workshop can be built.

Running bamboo is a pain....

The mosquito population is insane and for the record there are no bodies of water in the neighborhood.

As long as it doesn't rain for the next 4+ weeks I sense substantial progress.

On another note, my parents are closing their office that they have had for more then 25+ years and they have to be out by June 1st. I get to help.

Has anyone ever seen what & how much space 20+ years of files take & look like? dry.gif Long story short, they all have to be sorted, shredded or saved according to the rules and all the furniture moved into the main storage.

Work, work, work...
jcambo7
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 22 2009, 06:28 PM) *

Not forgotten or sold... biggrin.gif

School finished up last week and I have been busting my butt trying to get the lawn cleaned up so the fences can be put up and the workshop can be built.

Running bamboo is a pain....

The mosquito population is insane and for the record there are no bodies of water in the neighborhood.

As long as it doesn't rain for the next 4+ weeks I sense substantial progress.

On another note, my parents are closing their office that they have had for more then 25+ years and they have to be out by June 1st. I get to help.

Has anyone ever seen what & how much space 20+ years of files take & look like? dry.gif Long story short, they all have to be sorted, shredded or saved according to the rules and all the furniture moved into the main storage.

Work, work, work...

Hey Carrie
Glad to hear that youre still working to get your restore started back up again.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 17 2009, 04:46 PM) *

Okay... so what's left of the car??? blink.gif

I think she is trying to build one out of parts...... biggrin.gif

Keep going Carrie... I want to see you at Talimena next year!!!
charliew
Man er lady why did you waste so much gas cutting that junk up? At least you know how every panel overlays with the others and what you don't use or sell will be easy to take to the scrap yard.
euro911
Don't be distracted ... you're doing great. Keep moving forward welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.