Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Window Wiring Harness, Have everything else but
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jesiv
Does anyone have pics of the rear window heating/defrost wiring harness and how the harness is routed?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

James
euro911
I'd like to install the rear defrost glass as well ... popcorn[1].gif
914Sixer
It is a straight plug in. The harness is routed through the main tunnel. Rear plug goes into relay board and grounds with other grounds below board. Inside harness plugs into each side of window. Front part of harness goes to dash board. 3 wires go to switch in dash. I do not have the wire colors in front of me.
jesiv
Do anyone have any detailed pics of the harness and how it routes through the firewall? Also, are we saying that there is more than one harness required?

Regards,

James
914werke
No pics per say but I can provide some 1st hand experiance from my LE
resto.
It seems that the harnesess are specific to the build trim level ordered
or vintage of the car.
They are differentiated by colored tape circling the eng. bay loom sheath
(the formed rubber hose that exits the lower FW and routes up through the
FW shelf). Ive seen 1 or 2 tape bands but cant be certain of the colors since yrs.
heat and grease always take thier toll on the accuracy of ID.
This is important to describe since it seems that the accessory loom for the R.
window defrost routes INSIDE this sheath.
So it seems that when the factory was building the cars they pulled the correct harness for the trim of the car and installed it.
Thats not to say you cant install a R. window defrost harness after the fact,
just that if your doing a concours resto, reinserting that accessory loom through the sheath might be a bitch (BTDT) chair.gif Its do-able but the sheath condition is
important to consider. Again yrs., heat and grime tend to make this rubber ...less than plyable and it can crack/split easily (if it hasent already) runining you otherwise
perfect restoration biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.