Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do you remove front targa roll bar pad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I'm getting my car stripped down to get ready for paint piratenanner.gif Today I removed the targa roof and removed all the side weatherstripping and pads on the targa bar and removed the back glass. But when I went to remove the front targa pad I couldn't get it off sad.gif I removed 10 ( I think ) screw caps 5 on the bottom and 5 on the front. I then removed 5 screws on the bottom but couldn't seem to get a phillips screwdriver to engage the screws in the front of the pad. Are there phillips screws in there? I assume the pad comes off and the rear targa latches stay in place?
SLITS
Nobody ever said that they installed the screws in line with the holes (and usually don't). Sometimes you have to fish.

There are also a couple of screws that hold the targa latch cover in place but I can't remember if they would interfere with removal of the targa bolster.
dgw
I used a lot of four letter words, and walked away from the job several times to avoid destroying the pad.

Like slits says, you have to fish around.
rfuerst911sc
Thanks guys.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 8 2008, 11:48 AM) *
There are also a couple of screws that hold the targa latch cover in place but I can't remember if they would interfere with removal of the targa bolster.

I recall from when we tore the parts off of Jenny's orange car, there is one little screw in that well for the targa latches, and it does keep the pad from coming off.

And yeah, it's a pain to locate all of the screw-heads...

--DD
rfuerst911sc
Well the good news is I got the pad off piratenanner.gif The bad news is it is now toast sad.gif It wasn't in great shape to begin with and some angry twisting,swearing didn't help it any biggrin.gif So I guess I now need another blink.gif That will wait until after the repaint. I think when I do get another pad I may slide some small tubes in the holes and clean out any foam that is obstructing the view of the screwheads. beerchug.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Nov 9 2008, 02:12 PM) *

Well the good news is I got the pad off piratenanner.gif The bad news is it is now toast sad.gif It wasn't in great shape to begin with and some angry twisting,swearing didn't help it any biggrin.gif So I guess I now need another blink.gif That will wait until after the repaint. I think when I do get another pad I may slide some small tubes in the holes and clean out any foam that is obstructing the view of the screwheads. beerchug.gif

That's how I got mine off too. biggrin.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Todd Enlund
Plasma cutter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.