Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front wheel spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC 914-8
I am concidering putting spacers on my front wheels 16X7 to fill out my GT flairs About 45mm of space from my tire to the inside of the flair. I have seen the 21mm used with long studs which would still leave me 23 mm left to fill. How about these 1.25" or 31mm, bolt on with studs? They even come 1.5"(38mm) Any good or bad stories. I have read most of the past threads on spacers but none mention this type. I have also read about scrub radius and all the other stuff. short of me getting 9's for the rear and moving my 8's up front, spacers it will have to be.
Click to view attachment
PRICING IS FOR ONE PAIR [ 2 ] SPACERS / ADAPTERS
AVAILABLE WIDTH: 1.25 Inch
CONFIGURATION: 5 x 130 to 5 x 130
STUD SIZE: 14mm x 1.50
CUSTOM CRAFTED FROM 6061 AIRCRAFT GRADE BILLET ALUMINUM.
CENTER BORE & HUB IS MACHINED TO YOUR VEHICLES SPECS.
INSERTED WITH AUTOMOTIVE GRADE WHEEL STUDS.
OPEN END LUG NUTS ARE INCLUDED FOR INSTALLATION

Or this one
Click to view attachment
messix
go with the top hubcentric ones.
TC 914-8
Thanks for the elaboration Troy,

The 21mm also come in Hub centric, I'm not sure about havinh 65mm or 70mm studs, 944 spacers on Ebay start for $25 a set then get $95 when the bidding is up. How far have you seen spacers go with out hitting the front or rear of the wheel well?
degreeoff
I have the top version (@7/8') and the issue I had was the existing stus stuck out too much and bumped the back of the wheel. I went with longer studs and the a set of 21mm hub centric spacers...work great!

Josh
JRust
Hey Tony I have both the 1" & 1 1/4 hubcentric spacers with studs. Decide which you want & I'll sell you one or the other.

Hope your golf went okay the other saturday. Had fun at Rich's that day with some cool WA guys biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 9 2008, 05:19 PM) *

Thanks for the elaboration Troy,

The 21mm also come in Hub centric, I'm not sure about havinh 65mm or 70mm studs, 944 spacers on Ebay start for $25 a set then get $95 when the bidding is up. How far have you seen spacers go with out hitting the front or rear of the wheel well?

yer welcome
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 9 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Hey Tony I have both the 1" & 1 1/4 hubcentric spacers with studs. Decide which you want & I'll sell you one or the other.

Hope your golf went okay the other saturday. Had fun at Rich's that day with some cool WA guys biggrin.gif

Hey Jamie,
Golf went good that saturday but sucked this saturday. I guess that's why I'm not on TV. Next time you come this way I'll make a point of meeting up with everyone.

What is your experience with either? Should I go with the 1 or 1.25 ?

How much do you want for the 1.25" ? how come your not using them. I guess you don't have flairs on your v-8 car.

Tony
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 9 2008, 06:57 PM) *

Hey Jamie,
Golf went good that saturday but sucked this saturday. I guess that's why I'm not on TV. Next time you come this way I'll make a point of meeting up with everyone.

What is your experience with either? Should I go with the 1 or 1.25 ?

How much do you want for the 1.25" ? how come your not using them. I guess you don't have flairs on your v-8 car.
Tony

Well I got them for the 993 wheels I bought. The offset is quite different from the Fuchs. The 1" was perfect for the front. The 1 1/4 was not enough in the rear for the 8" wheels. Neither was my stock fender. That is why I went to the fuchs I have now. If I do gt flares later I will need a good 2" spacer to use the 993 8" rear wheel. I even added 1/4" spacers making it 1 1/2" in the back. Still rubbed on the inside wheels well. I like the look of the wheels but unless I flare they will most likely be sold or stay in the garage. I'd be happy to send you both & u can send back whichever one you don't use. I think I paid $125-150 for the 1 1/4. So lets say $100 shipped. Again I'll send you all 4 just send back the set you don't use. My 993 wheels would look pretty dang good on your car though idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
Tony, I have the ones that slip over your studs as you can change them to whatever you want very easily. I have the 1" spacers on my car and they are a perfect fit with my 8's.
jimsfolly
I went with 1.5" front/rear with the 7x16 fuches, with 225/50 tires all around. rear spacing was tight on the glass flares, front had about .5" clearance, and had to trim the front valance a tad.

used the bolt-on hub centric spacers of ebay... one note of caution... the spacer studs were too long for the aluminum lug nuts, I cracked the head on one before I realized I had to shorten them up by about .5"...

TC 914-8
QUOTE(jimsfolly @ Nov 9 2008, 11:05 PM) *

I went with 1.5" front/rear with the 7x16 fuches, with 225/50 tires all around. rear spacing was tight on the glass flares, front had about .5" clearance, and had to trim the front valance a tad.

used the bolt-on hub centric spacers of ebay... one note of caution... the spacer studs were too long for the aluminum lug nuts, I cracked the head on one before I realized I had to shorten them up by about .5"...

Man All you guys are giving me good info, plus good Deals. I think my 7x16's have a 1" off set on them already. So I would be safe with the 1.25's.
Jamie did you have any problems with the studs at either end? I have heard of the wheel studs poking thru the spacers and hitting the rims, but not the spacer studs being too long.

The rim offset is another animal, i think 1" in front and 1.5 in the rear. I don't know if you can tell from the pict.
Click to view attachment
ericread
Sorry for entering this thread so late in the game, but I thought there was a thread about a year ago that pretty much demonized spacers as being unsafe???

If there new technology to ensure the safety of wheel spacers, or was the older thread wrong? idea.gif

Eric Read

veltror
Does anybody have a picture of the said spacers without the wheel fitted?

R.
TC 914-8
Looks like Jamie has the best option, I picked up a set of 31mm spacers along with a spare .25in set. I'll take some before and after picts. and post them in a few days.
JRust
He TOny I've got them in rig & will get them out tommorow. I'm curious to see how they look. Make sure to take some good close ups of before & after biggrin.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 11 2008, 10:19 PM) *

He TOny I've got them in rig & will get them out tommorow. I'm curious to see how they look. Make sure to take some good close ups of before & after biggrin.gif

Got them Friday around 330. I had to get my chores done first before I could put them on. So anyway, got them on by 8PM. They fit like a champ, I had to re-drill my front valance to gain a small clearenceat the bottom of the front wheel well, look close in the before pict. . Here are some pictures. Also I put the 1/4 in spacers on the rear, hey WTF, "you can't be too wide in the rear" , on a car that is.... BTW I would like to shoot you some $ for the 2 day shipping and 1/4' spacers, How much? $25.00
Here is the Before pict. I'll add a few more after this.
Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
Here is a pict with the wheels on in an after pict. notice the front valance is nice and flush. I did take her for a ride today, nice and sunny. I could almost feel a more stabler ride and tighter handling. 2.5" total in the front and 1/2" in the rear added to the foot print, maybe its in my head. Get this, in the rear right I have about 1 finger between the tire and indside of the flair. on the rear left I have almost 2 fingers between the tire and inside flair. Either the rear flairs wern't put on symetrical or the trailing arms are WAY out of alignment????
Click to view attachment

TC 914-8
QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 11 2008, 11:49 AM) *

R.

Here is a pict per the request above.
Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
One last photo side view with spacers on. Maybe a better perspective.
I'll get the rears tomorrow if anyone's interested.
Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:44 PM) *

Got them Friday around 330. I had to get my chores done first before I could put them on. So anyway, got them on by 8PM. They fit like a champ, I had to re-drill my front valance to gain a small clearenceat the bottom of the front wheel well, look close in the before pict. . Here are some pictures. Also I put the 1/4 in spacers on the rear, hey WTF, "you can't be too wide in the rear" , on a car that is.... BTW I would like to shoot you some $ for the 2 day shipping and 1/4' spacers, How much? $25.00
Here is the Before pict. I'll add a few more after this.
Click to view attachment

Don't sweat it tony! Glad they worked for you. Always nice to help out a fellow teener. Especially a v8 guy slap.gif We got to stick together wacko.gif
veltror
Thanks for the pics, it looks like the stock acorns fit driving.gif !! This is what I am going to do for my 993 wheels..

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 16 2008, 03:58 AM) *

QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 11 2008, 11:49 AM) *

R.

Here is a pict per the request above.
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.