Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Renshift by JWest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
computers4kids
I'm looking for a Renshift kit by JWest. I know I can buy one new but they are $510 bucks...ouch! Anway, looking for the long shot here.
Mark
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 12 2008, 07:03 AM) *

I'm looking for a Renshift kit by JWest. I know I can buy one new but they are $510 bucks...ouch! Anway, looking for the long shot here.
Mark

Me too. Good luck.
41ghost
they have gone up in price. but anyway you should just buy a new one , they are great, you should also get the shift linkage also, i love the system , i had put one on my car last year and love it.
c12croft
Timely topic> I shelled out the $510, had it installed by a Porsche mechanic, and just got back from a test drive.
Fun as hell with the shorter, quicker shifting, but had trouble getting it into 1st gear, and couldn't even find reverse. Before I call I'd like to understand it myself.
Anyone familiar with these?

c12croft
Also; Having trouble with how far up the shifter comes up thru the console, see pict.
c12croft
duh, auto lockout 4 reverse
c12croft
picture of Rennshifter height;
designed that way
Tom
The Rennshift is great, but the linkage will still need to be correctly adjusted. Also don't forget that the linkage bushings will have an effect on how it shifts. Even new bushings sometimes will not be correct in their fitting. Get a 911SC boot to cover the Rennshift. It will look factory.
Tom
c12croft
QUOTE(Tom @ Nov 14 2008, 06:15 PM) *

The Rennshift is great, but the linkage will still need to be correctly adjusted. Also don't forget that the linkage bushings will have an effect on how it shifts. Even new bushings sometimes will not be correct in their fitting. Get a 911SC boot to cover the Rennshift. It will look factory.
Tom

Tom,
Thanks for clueing me in. Is the linkage difficult to adjust?
biosurfer1
the first time? can be difficult...gets easier after that
Cevan
QUOTE(c12croft @ Nov 16 2008, 03:11 PM) *

Tom

Tom,

Rich T gave me a good suggestion. Just take a pair of vice grips and a ratchet (13 mm I think), and get in the car and drive it. With the rear access panel exposed, you can make small adjustments and test it out. I got mine perfect in about 10 minutes.
c12croft
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 21 2008, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(c12croft @ Nov 16 2008, 03:11 PM) *

Tom

Tom,

Rich T gave me a good suggestion. Just take a pair of vice grips and a ratchet (13 mm I think), and get in the car and drive it. With the rear access panel exposed, you can make small adjustments and test it out. I got mine perfect in about 10 minutes.

Thank you,
Adjusting it while it's driven?
Can you pont out the rear access panel?
PeeGreen 914
Okay... this is the best advice for getting your Rennshift in perfect placement. Since the Rennshift plains in second -third climb under you car and undo the boot so you can manualy put your car in gear. Put you car in third. Go to your shift lever. Make sure your throw out bolts are loose and out of the way until you get this adjusted correctly. Now get the rod on the bolt so you can get a wrench to it. Remember you are in third so it should be where you would have the shifter while in third. Tighten it and see how it feels. Should be perfect. Now you just need to adjust the throw out bolts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.