Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for an engine exhaust gas analyzer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Anyone know of one that has been decommisioned by a gas station due to the new smog regs?
Malmz
I think there is an old school one at a parts store in Woodland Hills. Big-arse unit that would be cool in your workshop. If I remember correctly, it has a tach and dwell on it too. Call Affordable Auto Parts in Woodland Hills to see if it's still there.

sm
TimT
why not that gunson gas tester thing Ive heard about

gastester
DuckRyder
These show up on E-Bay pretty regularly too.
seanery
My guy in Marina Del Rey may have one. I've never seen it used and they are moving his shop in a couple months.
Precision Tech ask for Alex 310-822-4566. Tell him I (Sean Lee) told you that he may have one.
Joe Bob
Thanks...
ArtechnikA
i have a Gunson - it just does CO, but since the MFI is spec'd using %CO, it works great. the wideband stuff that measures A/F is good for what it does but there isn't as direct a correlation between A/F and CO as you might think. if you need HC and NOx, it won't help you, tho.

nowadays you pretty much need CO, HC, NOx and O2 - and i've heard of 5-gas analyzers and i can't think what the 5th gas would be... CO2 probably ...
Joe Bob
I just started calling a few gas stations in my area to see if the obsolete Bear analyzers are still in the back room. My 3.6 was a little high at idle for HC....I'm gonna do a valve adjust, repalce caps and rotors/plugs and fiddle with the A/F to get it dialed in before I have to go to the referee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.