Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's just pointless
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
A great many of you have installed pointless ignition. I am having a problem with a unit called Acu-fire that is supposed to just be a compu-fire sold by empi. I put everything together as per the instructions and the magnetic rotor rubs on the unit. I did use the spacer below the rotor and it still rubs. The instructions call for a .060" gap. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.
steve@ottosvenice.com
How much end play in the dizzy? Steve
F4i
The top shaft has about 0.030" the bottom maybe .001". I am not going to find .060" here. BTW what should the play be?
914ghost
I just installed exactly the same thing in my 050 distributor, had no problems but the magnetic rotor was a little bit loose.
Its possible that there are different dimensions in the vacum dist.?
I cant think of why it would rub W/ the spacer. ...?
I'll look at mine though.
Bob O
Air_Cooled_Nut
It's possible you got the wrong unit. I know with Pertronix there are different units depending on if the dizzy is FI or mechanical.
F4i
The kit says it's universal and on the instructions it says to use the spacer below the rotor(magnet) for dist. with vac. advance. Does anyone know it I have too much play in my dist. ?
914 ghost thanks for having a look

headbang.gif headbang.gif smash.gif smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.