Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: paddock doesn't get a lot of traffic, want everyone to see this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
byndbad914
see all the fun and excitement here

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89973
So.Cal.914
Something Vexes thee? I looked at your pic's, I am not an engineer but I built commercial buildings for years. I would draft the plans and then had to deal with the city engineers and my MEP engineers. I again am not an expert but I would not have trusted those parts to hold up my pants. I can not blame you for being pissed. I also posted this in the paddock.

RJMII
party.gif

is that the right emoticon?
byndbad914
assuming the two records we are dancing to are the Beatle's Helter Skelter and Metallica's ...And Justice for All laugh.gif cuz the guy at Kanna is clearly nutty and I'm having my day in court so to say and I do believe justice has been served.
ericread
So are you recommending this vendor or not??? laugh.gif

Really, you need to learn to vent. Holding in all this anger just isn't healthy! lol3.gif

In all seriousness, I understand your distress. It is a good lesson learned that many of the parts we are putting in our teeners are either manufactured by small shops (without a real quality assessment process) or really old stock. Just because we pay top dollar for a part doesn't mean we shouldn't really critically review the part when it arrives... Before we install it.

You were lucky that this part's catastrophic failure didn't endanger your life.

Now it's time to let it go and driving.gif

Thanks for sharing your thread!

Eric Read
byndbad914
Hey Eric - I had let this die 2 yrs ago a month after it happened and moved on. Issue is the rat bastard up and out of the blue sends me a nasty-gram about bad-mouthing his crap, claimed I never called him, which was definitely not the case, and claiming I was slandering his stuff, which again is not true - slander is if I were lying about his components breaking/machining being crappy. Then went public on the forum before I even saw the PM or had the chance to respond.

So, I figure if it's a knife fight he wanted, I'll come with both guns blazing.

Key is I want everyone to see not only the crap workmanship, or maybe more appropriately workmanshit you will get from them, but to see exactly what the customer service is like once they have your $$ and you have their junk.

Best part is by him going public a fellow teener that had also been screwed big time by them was able to get his story out there as well - so I am not the only one to have big issues with them and have to completely rework/deal with their pieces.

And hey, your right, this venting stuff is pretty therapeutic hahahaha laugh.gif
wbergtho
I read Kanna Motorsports response and it seems right away they were degrading and unprofessional. They "assumed" you did something wrong and defended their craftmenshit... not the best example of good customer service. These guys sound like a bunch of jackasses!
byndbad914
right?!

If he had sent me a PM with a bit of sugar v. vinegar, asked me what the issue was, apologized for not somehow catching this 2 yrs ago or responding to my phone messages and emails, asked for pictures or proof, this would have went a LOT differently because he would have known right away that the parts were not up to snuff and, hell, after he saw the pix if had he simply apologized and assured me he was sorry this turned sour I would have totally dropped it. In fact it would have probably not even gone public again and that sleeping dog may have continued to lay.

PanelBilly
If they have any honor, they'll do something to right the error in product quality and customer service.

Hell, everybody screws up and sometimes we open our mouths (or write something) before we know what's really going on, but good people come back and say they are sorry and at least give you the product that should have been sent the first time.

Come on boys, the clocks ticking. Show us what your made of.
jaxdream
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 17 2008, 06:01 PM) *

If they have any honor, they'll do something to right the error in product quality and customer service.

Hell, everybody screws up and sometimes we open our mouths (or write something) before we know what's really going on, but good people come back and say they are sorry and at least give you the product that should have been sent the first time.

Come on boys, the clocks ticking. Show us what your made of.

screwy.gif sheeplove.gif chair.gif ar15.gif
RJMII
Does Kanna Motorsports come check out 914 world?
wbergtho

Judging by their dimeanor, they won't make any effort to make things right. It seems to me they have shoved their feet into their mouths so far there's no turning back. I wouldn't expect anything from these ass wipes after having read the entire thread. If they refunded 50% of the money they stole from Tim...that would go a long way to repair hard feelings...But they were the one's who ripped the scab off this old wound by stirring up this shit TWO YEARS LATER...F$CK THEM!
byndbad914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 18 2008, 12:43 AM) *

Does Kanna Motorsports come check out 914 world?

Yeah, they found a post on Paddock forum I made 2 yrs ago in the track car pix thread and made a reply there - so they do come here and I posted a link there to here.

I am with Bill - I would gladly take some of my money back (all would be better of course hahahaha) but I highly doubt that would ever happen. So figure if they scrape the scab, then I need to make sure they can't rip anyone else off.

I am sure they have seen the threads I have on 3 different forums about this as they are generally linked together and I know they are on 2 of 3 of those for certain. Fact is I highly doubt I would see any sort of response... if I put myself in his shoes, I sure as Hell wouldn't have a response so he is probably just praying this will fall under the rug again.

However, periodically when I do an alignment for the track I will be reminded again of his tirade and will be sure to bump it to make sure newbies get to see it. Just Googled them and one of my threads is the top one, their site was down a couple days ago.
RJMII

You're an alright guy in my book, you've earned my respect on these here forums. Their response just wasn't right. So, pardon my occasional ran-dumb comment in your thread. wuahahahah. they just keep bumping it back up to the top!

What if they offer to pay you off in ice cream? Did I read that correctly in the paddock?
ericread
I see you cross-posted this to the Pelican board. Hahaha! You're really not letting these guys off the hook! Good for you!

But I'm a bit confused... When I enter "http://www.kannamotorsports.com" a message comes up stating that the domain listing has expired?

Are these guys gone, or are they at some other www address?

Eric Read
byndbad914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 18 2008, 10:42 PM) *

You're an alright guy in my book, you've earned my respect on these here forums. Their response just wasn't right. So, pardon my occasional ran-dumb comment in your thread. wuahahahah. they just keep bumping it back up to the top!

What if they offer to pay you off in ice cream? Did I read that correctly in the paddock?

Thanks for that.. I like to think I am a reasonable dude at minimum smile.gif

I just had knee surgery this AM, so eating a few hundred dollars worth of ice cream probably wouldn't make that situation any better when the extra pounds set in hahhahaaha. But I would consider it just to say "hey, got sumptin' worthwhile for my $$" laugh.gif
Are these guys gone, or are they at some other www address?

I see the site is down as well. I really hope they didn't get a new, different address and are going to try to screw people under another name, but the racing community in general is really small believe it or not - when I managed/ran a performance biz for 'merican V8 cars on the West Coast but sold nationally, I was always amazed at how tight the community was and how many people on the East coast new about us.

So if they change name, etc hopefully by having these threads out there it will keep others aware of them. At minimum, if someone is pawning 935 front ends on the lower east coast (NC if I remember right) then beware - it might be a new name but same old same old.
wbergtho
Thanks for that.. I like to think I am a reasonable dude at minimum

I'll vouch for you. I have had many friendly dealings with you and know you to be a very capable fabricator, racer and friend of everything 914! Even a nice guy has his limits.
carr914
[quote name='byndbad914' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:14 PM' post='1103519']
[quote name='RJMII' post='1103307' date='Nov 18 2008, 10:42 PM']

I just had knee surgery this AM, so eating a few hundred dollars worth of ice cream probably wouldn't make that situation any better when the extra pounds set in hahhahaaha.
[/quote]

I just had my 8th Knee surgery (every type except replacement). Let your leg recover before doing anything.

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
[quote name='carr914' date='Nov 19 2008, 07:44 PM' post='1103564']
[quote name='byndbad914' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:14 PM' post='1103519']
[quote name='RJMII' post='1103307' date='Nov 18 2008, 10:42 PM']

I just had knee surgery this AM, so eating a few hundred dollars worth of ice cream probably wouldn't make that situation any better when the extra pounds set in hahhahaaha.
[/quote]

I just had my 8th Knee surgery (every type except replacement). Let your leg recover before doing anything.

T.C.
[/quote]
agree.gif I've had three and wish I had only one. Get that puppy strong and well rehabbed before you go doing anything crazy.
byndbad914
thanks everyone! yeah, the knee was a hurtin' puppy yesterday (the day after sorta thing) and I was simply on the couch and drugged up pretty well smile.gif Today it is feeling a bit better - off the pain meds altogether at this point.

I hear you guys about taking it easy - sux as I am having my mom pick up the transaxle from Mendeola today and she will drive it out here for Thanksgiving... I won't be able to do anything with it of course for quite awhile which is the bummer. My friends out here will have to unload it and we can all gawk at it for a month or two hahahahahah. She was looking for an excuse to come out here anyway.

I hope this is the only one I have to have - PITA to deal with this sorta stuff.
So.Cal.914
To bad your not closer we could have a Tranny Party.

Click to view attachment

av-943.gif Get Better Soon.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:54 AM) *

thanks everyone! yeah, the knee was a hurtin' puppy yesterday (the day after sorta thing) and I was simply on the couch and drugged up pretty well smile.gif Today it is feeling a bit better - off the pain meds altogether at this point.

I hear you guys about taking it easy - sux as I am having my mom pick up the transaxle from Mendeola today and she will drive it out here for Thanksgiving... I won't be able to do anything with it of course for quite awhile which is the bummer. My friends out here will have to unload it and we can all gawk at it for a month or two hahahahahah. She was looking for an excuse to come out here anyway.

I hope this is the only one I have to have - PITA to deal with this sorta stuff.

Well, you're getting older so you never know av-943.gif Take it easy and get your knee strong. aktion035.gif

Oh, and Paul, you're one sick puppy blink.gif but you already knew that laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
Yeah...Thanks for noticing Jon. biggrin.gif
byndbad914
blink.gif thanks Paul... I think hahahaha. As if I wasn't feeling enough nausea already hahahahaha laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
laugh.gif
KELTY360
Oh man, I just ate lunch! barf.gif

Is that Chelsea Clinton in the middle of that pic?
So.Cal.914
I says it is, but don't quote me, I don't want Hillary after me. sad.gif

The son Bill always wanted.
PeeGreen 914
My daughter looked at that picture and this was her face av-943.gif
byndbad914
I dunno if that face is necessary, Chelsea isn't that bad lookin' laugh.gif

err, wait...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.