Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Strong Running 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Carlitos Way
I am getting ready to sell my 2.0 engine. I bought it from Slits about 2 years ago. It has been a great engine. It was originally a FI engine, using a stock cam. As far as I know it has all stock 2.0L internals but it's currently running on dual Weber 40 IDFs. The engine is currently installed and running. You are welcome to come test it, but I'm planning on pulling it Thanksgiving weekend.

Here are some details on the engine:

Mileage unknown, Will post compression readings later.
The engine has small leaks apparently coming from the pushrod tubes.
I recently replaced the oil cooler, the front seal and the clutch.

The engine will come with a 911 clutch that has less than 10k miles on it, and top engine (2.0) tin painted in a weird color... close to phoenix red.

Other items negotiable:

Pertronix Billet distributor
Dual Weber 40 IDF's with intakes
Empi Hex bar linkage.
Fuel Pump (I can't remember the brand).
Stainles Steel Heat Exchangers (good condition, couple of small dents, not affecting performance)
Bursch Exhaust
2.0L Exhaust hanger

Prices:

Engine (with 911 clutch): 650
Carburetors (with manifolds): $350
Carb Linkage: $80
Fuel Pump: $40
SS Heat Exchangers: $500
Bursch Exhaust: $100
2.0 Exhaust Hanger: $50

I would prefer to sell the whole thing as a package, so I will entertain offers for the whole package first. If I'm not able to sell the whole thing within a week, I will offer the items for sale separately.
JRust
What case number is it? Out of what year car? GA or GC case # May be interested if it is anywhere colse to GA 012249
Heeltoe914
+! need more info
Carlitos Way
Unfortunately, it's not an "original" 2.0 case. If I remember correctly, it was originally a 1.7(?) case that Slits put together with all 2.0 internals as I understand. He has assured me repeatedly it's a 2.0... and I take his word as law. The engine has worked tremendously well for me and pulls stronger than my original 2.0.
Carlitos Way
Thanks for the response, guys. I have one person interested in the whole package, and I have one person interested in the dual carb setup. I'll keep you guys posted.
Carlitos Way
Sale pending, for the whole enchilada.
914z
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Nov 15 2008, 01:46 PM) *

I am getting ready to sell my 2.0 engine. I bought it from Slits about 2 years ago. It has been a great engine. It was originally a FI engine, using a stock cam. As far as I know it has all stock 2.0L internals but it's currently running on dual Weber 40 IDFs. The engine is currently installed and running. You are welcome to come test it, but I'm planning on pulling it Thanksgiving weekend.

Here are some details on the engine:

Mileage unknown, Will post compression readings later.
The engine has small leaks apparently coming from the pushrod tubes.
I recently replaced the oil cooler, the front seal and the clutch.

The engine will come with a 911 clutch that has less than 10k miles on it, and top engine (2.0) tin painted in a weird color... close to phoenix red.

Other items negotiable:

Pertronix Billet distributor
Dual Weber 40 IDF's with intakes
Empi Hex bar linkage.
Fuel Pump (I can't remember the brand).
Stainles Steel Heat Exchangers (good condition, couple of small dents, not affecting performance)
Bursch Exhaust
2.0L Exhaust hanger

Prices:

Engine (with 911 clutch): 650
Carburetors (with manifolds): $350
Carb Linkage: $80
Fuel Pump: $40
SS Heat Exchangers: $500
Bursch Exhaust: $100
2.0 Exhaust Hanger: $50

I would prefer to sell the whole thing as a package, so I will entertain offers for the whole package first. If I'm not able to sell the whole thing within a week, I will offer the items for sale separately.

Carlitos Way
SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.