Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Radiator Hose Routing Inside Body SOLVED!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
I was cutting up a parts car and found 2 hidden tunnels all the way to the front trunk on either side of the gastank underneath it basically where the hidden bottom bolt for the swaybar attachment is hiding.

So from front trunk location, through tunnels found, inside cab 1.5 feet around wheelwells, through heater tunnels in longs, to rear!!

This is the route i am using and I am using 1.5 ID bellowsflex so no kinking at all is possible!

Subaru Clean conversion on the way!

I will mock up some removable panels to cover up the exposed 1.5 feet of cable that run through the hidden tunnels to connect to the heater tunnels......

This route will eliminate any bubbles in radiator hose due to not running it up high!!

budman5201

look for yellow stripe in channel
budman5201
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Nov 15 2008, 05:31 PM) *

channel pic ...see the yellow stripe of the bellowsflew??
So.Cal.914
One of the V8 guys ran his hoses in a simular way. I think it was Drivability(sp?).
budman5201

in the cab where panels will be fabbed up 2.0 inches away from fenderwell into the stock heater channel near pasengers foot...

budman5201
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Nov 15 2008, 05:32 PM) *

in the cab where panels will be fabbed up 2.0 inches away from fenderwell into the stock heater channel near pasengers foot...

yes but i think he ran it over the gastank....not sure though
sean_v8_914
that hump in the footwell is structural. it is the support that ties teh "A" pillar, long box and front suspension together
dakotaewing
Sean -

I left a message on the other board for you regarding the the amount of paint you used in the hellhole -

Answer please ????

HiJack Over

Thom
pktzygt
The question is, how much hot air does this add to the passenger compartment? I guess with the renegade a/c parts, it wouldn't matter too much.

I haven't put the heat back together since i bought the car, so I would welcome a little heat.

Are you going to expand the hole in the long in the pics to fit your hose. What are you using for a grommet to prevent chafing of the hoses?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Nov 15 2008, 04:32 PM) *

Good Find,
I know Sir Andy ran his oil cooler lines thru the same location.

My radiator lines run thru my rocker panels and up thru my wheel well. I have had to repipe the 1.25'' with Aluminum where the tire was rubbing. I'm thinking of moving them your way. Are you going into the heater duct, AKA Longs, to make it into the engine compartment or keep them in the cockpit? I would insulate the crap out of them to avoid heat. 180 to 200 deg may get noticable in the summer.
Click to view attachment
McMark
factory GT cars use these channels for oil line routing. Very handy. I don't like going I to the heater tube because I like to keep the heat option open. Andy and I ran the tubes along the passengers side long but exposed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.