Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I have my B-inlaws 72 in my garage for a while. I went to move it over to another bay last night and noticed that with the lights off the turnsignal lights on the tach were on kind of dim. Not blinking, just dimly lit. Only other light on was the fasten seat belt light. I turn the lights on and everything works like they should. I also noticed the voltmeter was showing just under 12volts. I didn't have time to troubleshoot it, but just looking for your thoughts on what to check. I know to check and clean all grounding points, anything else?

Danke
orange914
it sure sounds like a weak ground but whats weird is they brighten with additional load (turning lights on). does the turn signals some how gain a additional ground with the headlights on?

i'd check for a voltage drop at the turn signals both before and after headlights turned on. i was told years ago by a shop teacher that a majority of electrical problems are somehow ground related, and i've really found that true.

redundant grounds are a 914's best friend biggrin.gif

mike
southernmost914
I had the same problem. 70-74 models had seperate L/R indicater lights. I had a dim light all the time and both the idicator lights would light at the same time when signaling. Replaced the turn signal relay and all was solved. 12v reading on the console gauge is pretty much normal because it is actualy monitoring the brake cicuit, but clean the ground to the gauge just in case. bye1.gif

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.