Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing exchangers from '75 1.8 to early 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
Hi all,

I am getting ready to put one of Marks 2056's in piratenanner.gif So I have also purchased 2.0 ssi's, a 2.0 bracket, and a 2.0 Bursch. I have the flappers from my old exchangers. I think I need different J tubes? Any other different parts? Even though I have dropped the exhaust and headers/exchangers, I haven't swapped/taken out the stock 1.8 yet, so not sure....
shelby/914
I'm about to do the same thing. It's been a long time since I took the heat off my '76 and backed dated the heat exchangers but I believe most if not all of the heat tubes are different. Anyway I sourced everything from a '74 parts car and had them powdercoated and bought new flapper boxes, just haven't installed any of it yet. Both Pelican and AA have some good charts on line showing all of the parts needed and how they go together. good luck
Dave_Darling
They are different. Everything but the flapper valves and hoses from there to the body are different. You'll need to raid an early car for parts...

--DD
Cevan
I used the branch pipes from my '75 1.8 when I converted my exhaust to the SSI 2.0 HEs. I would assume the j-tubes that go up thru the engine tin would also work.
tod914
The J's are different, as are the other parts. If either of you guys need some of the parts, I have extra from when I did my 75. I know the heat shields I had power coated in a satin black. Let me know if I can be of help. The new production dansk flapper boxes are angled different the older ones. If you decide to go with new for them, you might find the cables are too short. I ended up using a piece of heavy
gauge wire to extend it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.