Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running a eurorace header on the street?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I just got a eurorace, and am trying to figure out what muffler to run on it.

I have a 1911 with a carb cam and 44idfs *yeah, too big, I know). I am running stock HEs with a "seabring" exhaust. My bursch broke a few months ago, and that had a lot better top end compared to the seabring.

I expect the eurorace to be louder, but I would like to strike the best balance possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA
PeeGreen 914
Talk to Dave at Triad West Performance. I believe his exhaust bolts right up to the Eurorace and sounds amazing with great performance. He now makes them for all setups. Use to just do 2.0ls and sixes but decided to do 1.7s and 1.8s as well and they are awsome.
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/
KaptKaos
Thanks Jon, but the header I have has a single 4 into 1, with a single triangle flange. I don't think the triad will work with that. IIRC it requires dual inlets.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, that won't work. I don't know why I thought the Euro was the other kind.
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Nov 28 2008, 11:19 PM) *

I have a 1911 with a carb cam and 44idfs *yeah, too big, I know). I am running stock HEs with a "seabring" exhaust. My bursch broke a few months ago, and that had a lot better top end compared to the seabring.

I expect the eurorace to be louder, but I would like to strike the best balance possible.

TIA

You can get just the muffler kit from George for the Eurorace header, the last one I got was around $140 P/S. And they are not loud at all.
Gint
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Nov 29 2008, 02:33 AM) *
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Nov 28 2008, 11:19 PM) *

TIA

You can get just the muffler kit from George for the Eurorace header, the last one I got was around $140 P/S. And they are not loud at all.
George who?
jasons
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 29 2008, 08:30 AM) *

George who?

Narble or Narbel? Can't remember the spelling. He basically is eurorace as far as I know. He is in the Vegas or Henderson area. You might be able to buy the muffler part from Jim Patrick too.

EDIT:

George Narbel
European Racing Headers
1010 N. Stephanie St.
Unit C-7
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 433-9189
r_towle
Show a pic of your seibring exhaust...if its still got two mufflers, loose one. If you replace the last muffler with a pipe it increases your top end.

Rich
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 29 2008, 12:04 AM) *

Yeah, that won't work. I don't know why I thought the Euro was the other kind.

This pic is off the Triad West website... I think that Dave does (or will) make an exhaust for a 4-1 header... in fact, I think he even makes a 4-1 header.

Click to view attachment
KaptKaos
Hopefully that's what it will look like once i clean it up some. That "muffler" looks like a stinger to me.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 29 2008, 09:02 AM) *

Show a pic of your seibring exhaust...if its still got two mufflers, loose one. If you replace the last muffler with a pipe it increases your top end.

Rich

It looks like this:

Click to view attachment

Pay no attention to the chalk and jump rope. They aren't mine, really... av-943.gif

gklinger
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Nov 29 2008, 09:48 AM) *

Hopefully that's what it will look like once i clean it up some. That "muffler" looks like a stinger to me.

Here's my Eurorace setup with their muffler after it was coated:
jasons
QUOTE(gklinger @ Nov 29 2008, 10:57 AM) *

Here's my Eurorace setup with their muffler after it was coated:

That muffler section is what you need. Just call George and get the right part. Note the bracket welded on the muffler to support it to the trans exhaust hanger studs. If you choose to backyard engineer something, make sure you support the header at the trans. You don't want all the weight dangling from the stub pipes/heads.

r_towle
that is alot more like a bursch collector and muffler.
The seibring system had two small mufflers and reversed direction.

You could easily make that work with any muffler you want...cherry bomb etc...they get really loud with a cherry bomb.

Just put the collector in place...hold up the cherry bomb to figure out the angle of the flange that would need to be welded on the end.

Rich
Dave_Darling
Brad had a Eurorace header with a Flowmaster muffler on it. That thing was very loud for a street car... Very!

--DD
mattp
did you ever decide what to do? I have similer dilema and am interested in outcome,
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mattp @ Dec 6 2008, 09:21 AM) *

did you ever decide what to do? I have similer dilema and am interested in outcome,

I have to blast and paint the header first. I did some this week, and will do more next week too.

I have a supertrap that I can stick on there for now, but I worry that it will be loud.

Since I can put just about any muffler on there, I am open to suggestions.
mattp
it looks like a bursch system, you sure its a sebring? I have same (bursch) and am trying to figure out new muffler options too, thinking of going to muffler shop for a performance muffler. its a little too loud right now.
KaptKaos
Not a Bursch. I had a bursch on there that broke. Side by side, you can see the difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.