Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber DFEV ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rdr
Hi all,

My newly acquired 74-1.8 has the single Weber DFEV progressive carb installed. I don't yet know how it runs although reading on this carb indicates it is a bit of a dog. Fuel pooling etc. Is anyone running this setup? Theis will eventually be a weekend driver with trips to work, etc. Not really an AX car, but I would like a bit of snappy response when I get into it. Any thoughts? Leav it? Look for a 40 set?

Thanks to all! piratenanner.gif
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(rdr @ Dec 1 2008, 01:53 PM) *

Hi all,

My newly acquired 74-1.8 has the single Weber DFEV progressive carb installed. I don't yet know how it runs although reading on this carb indicates it is a bit of a dog. Fuel pooling etc. Is anyone running this setup? Theis will eventually be a weekend driver with trips to work, etc. Not really an AX car, but I would like a bit of snappy response when I get into it. Any thoughts? Leav it? Look for a 40 set?

Thanks to all! piratenanner.gif

It will be good enough to get the engine started rite..? I'd say start there then ungrade..
So.Cal.914
Sorry but yes its a POS. It will run with it but I sudjest you look else where. 40 should be fine for a 1.8, just jet them for your needs.
Spoke
welcome.png

I changed from center carb to IDF40s. Huge difference in response of the engine and the sound. Love those 4 carbs singing away.

Drive your car until you find a nice set of IDF40s then upgrade.

BTW, all new members must post pics of their cars. Otherwise you will be hit with a:
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Mark Henry
You must test the float on those....find a large body of water, toss it in and if it floats use it.
rdr
hehehe... ok, here is the car. Needs work. $500 special for a74-1.8 ltr.

Bringing it home.....
IPB Image

The single carb .....
IPB Image

Gutted within the first 10 hours of bringing it home ...
IPB Image

Tubs of spare parts ...
IPB Image
IPB Image

Spare brake calipers .... what a deal!
IPB Image

Here is a Lotus that I finished. That's why I bought the 914. Needed something to do.
IPB Image

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rdr @ Dec 1 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Here is a Lotus that I finished. That's why I bought the 914. Needed something to do.
IPB Image

When you give the singe progressive carb the float test, tie those Fram oil filters on too.

You do all that nice work and then add a Fram?! slap.gif stirthepot.gif

Zach
rdr
ha! Ok, I agree, agree.gif but remember, there are 2 of them so that the filtering ability is x2 which probably equates to 1 Purolator One. And, the car had only about 400 miles since the rebuild. I did tell the new owner (sold it to buy the 914 aktion035.gif ) to use better filters.

Buy, hey, thanks ffor noticing! santa_smiley.gif
GeorgeRud
Nice job on the Europa. I remember the days when I could fit in one, many many years ago.

I always thought the Lotuses (Loti?) were also great cars for an enthusiast that was willing to put up with their issues. A friend spent several years restoring a Lotus 6 that I had to pass on (due to having 4 Porsches in various stages of disassembly in the garage), and I regret not picking it up to this day. Also, how could someone not like cars that were driven by Emma Peel (or the Prisoner for that matter)?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rdr @ Dec 1 2008, 08:42 PM) *

ha! Ok, I agree, agree.gif but remember, there are 2 of them so that the filtering ability is x2 which probably equates to 1 Purolator One. And, the car had only about 400 miles since the rebuild. I did tell the new owner (sold it to buy the 914 aktion035.gif ) to use better filters.

Buy, hey, thanks ffor noticing! santa_smiley.gif

I just noticed that you are another local in Baltimore. Where abouts?
Change your region to Mid Atlantic instead of N.E. states. We are starting to get a pretty active local group around here. :-)

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.