Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front lid latch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
I went to pop the front lid and the handle broke. O.K. so I dug up another handle and went to exchange key cylinders. the broken orginal comes out fine with the key but the unknown has no key. I tried all of the 20-30 keys I have...still can't get it removed. Is there a secret password or something short of a local locksmith?
Triaddave
Is there anybody out there who has done this?
Dave_Darling
There's a little tiny set-screw in the part of the handle that is inside the housing until you pull on the handle. (I hope I'm not being too confusing about that!) Pull the handle out far enough and you should be able to see it. Put any key in the slot, remove the screw, and the lock cylinder should slide out. Do the same with the old handle so you can put its lock in the new handle.

--DD
r_towle
question, mine never worked.

What key is supposed to do the front hood lock and the glove box??

Rich
So.Cal.914
My Key opens everything.
Sleepin
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:20 PM) *

My Key opens everything.

blink.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 7 2008, 10:16 PM) *

question, mine never worked.

What key is supposed to do the front hood lock and the glove box??

Rich

The regular key will open everything. The valet key will open the door and the ignition, but won't open the trunk or glove box.
markb
As they stated above, one key should fit all. If not, then look at my signature for how to rekey yours.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 9 2008, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:20 PM) *

My Key opens everything.

blink.gif

Oh for God's sake how could you expect any different. You know I'm a Freak. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.