Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: she's off to the painter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Well after two years of working on the chassis this morning she was picked up by the painter. My GT clone will be painted the original color L11D Berber yellow. I'll get her back early January. To this point I have done everything myself, I welded the GT flares,welded all the various chassis stiffening pieces including the Engman kit. Did the 911 5 lug conversion using 911 struts up front ( 3 inch ) and Eric Shea converted rear hubs. Elephant Racing polybronze suspension bushings on all four corners with 911 ebrake. Brakes are 911 M calipers on all four corners. Stock torsion bars up front with 19mm adjustable sway bar. In back Konis with 140 lb. springs. Power for this bad boy will be a 1978 big port 911SC 3.0 with 40mm Weber carbs. Exhaust is ceramic coated headers and the muffler will be a M&K 2 in 2 out stainless steel beauty. I am really excited to be at this point piratenanner.gif The beer will taste sweet later today. beer.gif
sixnotfour
piratenanner.gif
watsonrx13
aktion035.gif
PanelBilly
You have got to make frequent visits with your camera and share the transformation
effutuo101
That will come out wonderful! share pictures as she goes!
TJB/914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Dec 13 2008, 09:34 AM) *

That will come out wonderful! share pictures as she goes!

agree.gif

I love Yellow pray.gif

Tom
FourBlades

Congratulations, that is going to be one wicked car!!!

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

John
Lou W
beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
I appreciate the feedback. I have never taken on a project of this size and there were times that I thought I was in over my head. But forums like this one make the flow of information so easy that's it's easier to make it thru the rough spots. I'm guessing I'll have another 3 months or so of work to put back all the pieces and install the engine and tranny. I'm shooting for March as a goal to hear the motor roar but we'll see. I'll send pics when she's back from the painter. beer.gif
Eric_Shea
It'll go quickly now. smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
March of '09??? av-943.gif

Good luck brother. beer.gif
jc914
Congrats
rfuerst911sc
Hey guys today I went over to the painters shop to see how the car was coming along. Unfortunately my painter got sick during the holiday and fell behind on schedule. No big deal she's coming along fine. I spent 5 hours today sanding the car down with Scotchbrite pads to knock down the existing paint. The doors have had the small door dings filled and blocked and look great. The fender flares are getting final coats of filler and will be primed / blocked this week. Still on schedule to be painted by end of month piratenanner.gif I snapped a few pics today..........enjoy.
carr914
Rick you should have asked to borrow some other wheels, so those don't get overspray on them.

You and I have a race on the paint, that I'm sure you are going to win.

We need a smilee with a paint gun. dry.gif

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
TC I don't want to race I just want it done biggrin.gif And no worry on the wheels, Ed ( the painter ) has wheel covers he puts over the wheels each time he sprays primer. And all four wheels WILL be covered when she gets painted. I let him know up front how much each wheel costs dry.gif Which car of yours is getting painted? Is it the one with Gary?
sixnotfour
I cant wait I think the color will great.

keep the photo's coming
veltror
Mine hs still some time to go before paint... yours looks good...
pete-stevers
a set of cheap cookies is cheep insurance
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 3 2009, 05:25 PM) *

I cant wait I think the color will great.

keep the photo's coming

agree.gif Not a fan of regular ol yellow but berber looks awesome aktion035.gif
plymouth37
aktion035.gif Nice! She is gonna be so purty, be sure to post some post-paint pics for us to drool over. drooley.gif
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jan 3 2009, 08:18 PM) *

TC I don't want to race I just want it done biggrin.gif And no worry on the wheels, Ed ( the painter ) has wheel covers he puts over the wheels each time he sprays primer. And all four wheels WILL be covered when she gets painted. I let him know up front how much each wheel costs dry.gif Which car of yours is getting painted? Is it the one with Gary?

Rick, My Real Six (Signal Orange) that is at Gary's now, will be painted 1st

Click to view attachment

and when that is done I will be sending my blue car to him to get painted

Click to view attachment

it's original blue.

Click to view attachment

And I've got a set of Cookie Cutters you can borrow

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
Well it's been a while but we have some color layed down ! In the 1st pic the car is mostly in primer, I'd say we're 75% done. In the 2nd + 3rd pics the interior of the doors, the underside of the front trunk and the exterior of the targa top have been sprayed with color and clear........woohoo!!! We're behind schedule but so be it. I'll continue to share pics as we get further.
PanelBilly
BEHIND schedule, your making progress! That's what counts.
carr914
Rick, do you need a set of OEM front struts for your 911? Cheap. I was digging through my stash and found them. I obviously don't need them. I asked Brian and he is going to check his car tonight.

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2009, 04:07 PM) *

Rick, do you need a set of OEM front struts for your 911? Cheap. I was digging through my stash and found them. I obviously don't need them. I asked Brian and he is going to check his car tonight.

T.C.

T.C. I saw your ad for the struts. I don't think they'll fit my 911 but they may fit my Boge housings on the 914 as they are early 911 housings. Let me check the part number and I'll get back to you.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 26 2009, 03:27 PM) *

BEHIND schedule, your making progress! That's what counts.

I like your attitude biggrin.gif You are right we're making progress but when I see fresh paint on my hard work I lose patience mad.gif
r_towle
Are you done yet?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.