Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Subie guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
So i will not be replacing the A/C pump or the power steering pump...so what custom belt have you been using to drive the alternator? Is it from another car? Where can I get one? Thanks in advance.

-Peter
914helo
On my SVX conversion I kept the belt tensioner below the power steering bracket and put it about in the middle of the adjustment range. Count the # of ribs (usually 4 or 5) and measure with a string how long of a belt you will need. My local Carquest let me dig around the belts for a 5 rib that is ___ inches long. In the spring I hope to be adding AC. aktion035.gif
TonyAKAVW
I flipped my alternator around so it may not be the same as what you need, but I just took a measurement with the old belt that I had cut, and went to Pep Boys and did the same as Kent.
plymouth37
On my 2004 WRX engine with no A/C or PS I am running a Goodyear Gatorback alternator belt Part number 4050272-5PK690.
malaga_red75
Cool, Thanks guys...I think I will check for a gatorback since my alternator will still be in the stock location.

-Peter
budman5201
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Dec 19 2008, 12:17 AM) *

Cool, Thanks guys...I think I will check for a gatorback since my alternator will still be in the stock location.

-Peter

27.5 inch belt 4 or 5 rib. 5 rib will be hard to come by, but the 4 rib is Common.
malaga_red75
I went on Summit and found a 5 rib gatorback at 27.25in or a 4 rib gatorback at 27.5in. What is more important...being 27.5in or having 5 ribs?

Thanks in advance.

-Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.