Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominations for Jan/Feb: Car of the Month Contest!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I'm a little bit late in getting this going, but HERE WE GO!! Nominations for the Jan/Feb Car of the Month are now open - please use this thread to nominate & second nominations!

The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during Jan/Feb. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting! (Please be fair. One vote per person, please. Don't use/register multiple accounts to cheat.)

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
rick 918-S
This car is more than deserving of our home page honors. Not many of you have met our friend Chappy. He is an artist extrodinair. He expresses his talent in all his work. This car is typical of everything he does. It is a mechanical and asthetic marvel to behold. This car cause the fine hairs at the base of your skull stand erect. Beads of sweat pour from your back and a lump form in the back of your throat.
Not only do I think this car belongs on our home page, I think the Porsche mags will be tripping all over their camera cases once they have a chance to see this beast in the raw!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is our very own David Chapman. iamchappy! How's that for a passionate nomination! aktion035.gif driving.gif
jsayre914
I would like to see this one on the home page. biggrin.gif Pretty F$%^ Cool man...

plymouth37 here is the link. This car is awesome. Nice work. driving.gif
iamchappy
Wow, many thanks for the kind words Rick, by the way Rick helped me through the project hump one day, i was overwhelmed and had sort of hit the wall with the car,Rick drove down from Duluth, got out the sanding black and inspired me to get on with it. Anyone that has met Rick knows what i mean when i say he will give you the shirt off his back, Whether my car is chosen or not, your recommendation was enough for me.
Thanks my friend. I cant wait till we can road trip together.
dw914er
I second Chappy's car. I've seen his build thread, its quite an amazing car smile.gif

iamchappy
I second the anklebiter. Even though it is not finished we all know where it's going!
It's cool.....
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=84842
rick 918-S
Ya buddy! Everytime you think the bar is set someone raises it! We have some passionate guys and gurls here!

Hey Chappy, my car was actually put into storage running this year! Holy!
iamchappy
Now you have time to clean up the wear and tear on the body all over again.
Todd Enlund
I'll nominate Elliot's car again:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
I would rather wait to see the ankle biter all finished before he is elected. It it going to be such a nice car it would be a shame to not have it as a car of the month when finished. beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Dec 26 2008, 10:26 PM) *

I would rather wait to see the ankle biter all finished before he is elected. It it going to be such a nice car it would be a shame to not have it as a car of the month when finished. beerchug.gif

agree.gif
jcambo7
I second iamchappy's car. aktion035.gif
markb
I'll second Elliot's car.
r_towle
Considering that Glenn "owns" the world domain and saved it from being grabbed...his car belongs on the tribute page of honor IMHO.

this is regargless of what shape its in...
He deserved the credit.

Rich
type47
i nominate Kevin Barnes' 914.
Click to view attachment
Kevin's car is a beautiful yellow-is-faster-you-can't-turbo-a-914 that he has done all the mechanicals including a cable shift Boxster transmission. Click to view attachment
Kevin is active in autocross and East Coast events.
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 27 2008, 08:39 AM) *

Kevin's car is a beautiful yellow-is-faster-you-can't-turbo-a-914 that he has done all the mechanicals including a cable shift Boxster transmission. Click to view attachment

Seconded. Awesome local car.

Zach
jimkelly
i second the nomination of Kevin Barnes' 914 not only because he is a local playa, has a trick converted 914, and a terrific wife who has not seen her last ECC : ) - but because his sled is one of the few without a porsche 901 trans, with a turbo, has good hp, yet still gets pretty good mpg. with that said - the other nominations are cars i would drive if my friends wouldn't find out : )) smoke.gif

jim
jim912928
vote for iamchappy's car!
degreeoff
Um we need 2 more cars.....

I like this one.....

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
I'll second that car. I have always liked that one but we need a name wink.gif
root
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 27 2008, 05:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I like all the current nom's but Kevin's car rocks! Alot of effort went into Kevin's build and he did it all himself!
race914
I'll throw my hat in for Elliot & the scream'n yellow zonker

Click to view attachment

roadster fan
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 27 2008, 05:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I am intrigued by this car. What is his member name so I can search more of his posts. Thanks,

Jim
type47

I am intrigued by this car. What is his member name so I can search more of his posts.

okieflyr

kevin at ECC 2008
Click to view attachment
dlestep
Click to view attachment
...I nominate Phoenix 914-6GT's car...
PeeGreen 914
Hey Thanks piratenanner.gif Here's more pictures for you biggrin.gif
Car has a 2.4l that will be rebuilt this winter with nicer parts biggrin.gif I have it geared for AX with a TB diff. Elephant bushings all the way around. Weltmeister camber plates. Tarret front sway and 22mm hallow T-bars. 225lb rear springs. 19mm master, JWest proportioning valve, S front calipers, M rears with 911 ebrakes(need to make the cables for these still). Exhaust provided by Triad. hmmmm... Rennshift. and I'm sure other stuff I'm leaving out.
dw914er
I'll second Jon's car
greenie
QUOTE(dlestep @ Dec 27 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment
...I nominate Phoenix 914-6GT's car...

I'll 2nd Jon's car . We need to get this voting going.
Todd Enlund
That makes six nominated and seconded...
roadster fan
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 27 2008, 01:09 PM) *

I am intrigued by this car. What is his member name so I can search more of his posts.

okieflyr

kevin at ECC 2008
Click to view attachment

Thanks Jim,

If you see Kevin tell him we need more pics of the conversion work shades.gif The interior and exterior are nice, i bet the conversion work is terrific too.

Jim
JRust
I'll nominate Mark (computers4kids) 914-8. He just got it back from the paint shop & put back together. Sharp looking car drooley.gif
echocanyons
agree.gif I second Mark's freshly painted V8 driving.gif
Todd Enlund
Okay, now we have seven nominated and seconded...
sixnotfour
I'll second that car. I have always liked that one but we need a name

retrotech
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=1302
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 28 2008, 06:23 PM) *

I'll second that car. I have always liked that one but we need a name

retrotech
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=1302

sad.gif He doesn't appear to be an active member. Why not? He has been a member since 2003 chair.gif I guess not everyone has time to be on here all day av-943.gif blink.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Dec 26 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

agree.gif I have always liked that car.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Dec 28 2008, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Dec 26 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

agree.gif I have always liked that car.

I got to see this car at the WCR and it is a very cool car. Even has a dated radar detecor laugh.gif I love the wide body he has on there. I'd like to have a 914 with a Sheridan kit someday. drunk.gif
sixnotfour
He doesn't appear to be an active member. Why not? He has been a member since 2003 I guess not everyone has time to be on here all day

He is here just doesn't post much. I do know ralph meaney rebuilt him a 2.8 twinplug hotty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.