Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed the eurorace tonight.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So I installed the used eurorace tonight, I used the supertrapp that came with it.

It's loud for sure, and it revs so much more easily and it revs up to 6k without trouble now. My motor is a 1911 with an unknown carb cam in there. I got it used, but it runs nicely.

Anyway, while it pulls nicely, when I am running on the idles or on over-run, it pops like a popcorn maker!!

I am running 44idfs on the 1911, and it does run a little rich too, but wow it really pops alot.

I Plan to get back under and check the bolts to ensure that they are all tight.

I want to make this popping go away so what else should I be looking for?

TIA

ericread
Check for this guy in your carb.

Click to view attachment

He tends to make a lot of "Popping" noises...

lol3.gif
wallys914
Chinese or American Webers?

Does the popping clear out after 3500-4000rpm?

Pull your idle jets and check them, blow them out if need be, most always the idle jets when popping, between 1000-3500rpm.

Just my expierence...
KaptKaos
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Dec 28 2008, 07:00 PM) *

Chinese or American Webers?

Does the popping clear out after 3500-4000rpm?

Pull your idle jets and check them, blow them out if need be, most always the idle jets when popping, between 1000-3500rpm.

Just my expierence...

Umm.... Italian I believe.

I will check the idles tomorrow, as it really is bad when on the idle circuit alone.
wallys914
Look through them and im sure you will see something blocking the hole.
DBCooper
No pops before? Did you change anything in the linkage or the timing at the same time you put on the new exhaust? If not then it's almost certainly exhaust leaks, especially if you're generally running rich. The carburetors are are pretty much out of the equation on overrun, so is the popping any worse on acceleration or deceleration?

It's easy enough to check jets, so do that first because it might be both, but I think you're probably going to end up spending some more time under the car.
Joe Ricard
popping on over run is exhaust leak
KaptKaos
Blew out the idles.
Tightened the intake manifolds.
Tightened most of the exhaust studs.

It's still happening.

In fact, I am getting flames out of the tail pipe !!!!

So I will likely drop each segment and make sure the mating surface is true. I should replace the copper gaskets while I am in there shouldn't I? Ugh...... They were a biatch to get out last time. Oh joy.

Any other ideas?
jsayre914
flames like this biggrin.gif
justme
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 29 2008, 08:20 PM) *

flames like this biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
KaptKaos
More like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYW89sBBKpo

But seriously, it is flaming out of the back. Not happy about that. sad.gif
VaccaRabite
You are a bit rich, eh?

You may have a little leak at the collector too (seems to be common with the Eurorace - mine has one there).

When I bought mine, it also had a bad weld at one of the seams, that I re welded shut. The fabricator just had not welded it all the way around.

Zach
KaptKaos
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Broke an exhaust stud trying to button things up. Only the top, so I should be able to back it out. Still sucks.

More to follow.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.