IPB Image

Car #3:
IPB Image

Car #4:
IPB Image

Car #5;
IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
Even though I would like Chappy to win this round piratenanner.gif here is the info on car #5

The car is a Phoenix red 74 914-6 conversion.

Enigine: 2.4l that will be going under the knife any day now. Just making it a little better for autocross than it is aktion035.gif Patrick mount. Triad exhaust.

Transmission: Stock 1&2, M3, S4, ZD5th (for highway driving). Guard TB diff. Rennshift shifter and Patrick motorsports linkage and bushings. Patrick simi solid mounts.

Suspension: '78 911 5-lug with 22mm hollow tortion bars. 24mm Tarret front anti-sway. Rear monoball Tarret strut mount. Weltmeister camber plates the Koni yellows. 220lb rear springs. All Elephant poly bronze bushings piratenanner.gif (Made the car feel completely different). Turbo tierods.

Interior: Gutted and Rhino lined. Recaro seat sliders with Sparco seats and belts (actually Schroth belts) . Engman pedals and pedal board. Engman inner kit.

Brakes: 911 S fronts and 911 M rears with 911 e-brake (not yet functional). 19mm master with JWest proportion valve in the cockpit.

For those that vote for it thanks beerchug.gif I have done 90% of the work myself and the rest I have assisted with.
Twise
You got my vote Jon. Good luck...
carr914
Another Tough Vote. I will definately vote for the Anklebiter when it is finished and re-nominated (if it doesn't win this round). I like Chappy's car, but I had to go for the cross-country friendship vote. Good Luck Jon.

T.C.
Spoke
I couldn't find the button to vote for all. All look exceptional & I would love to have any one of those sitting in my garage.

I did vote for #2 (Anklebiter). I love 914s but for me the least attractive part of the car is the targa bar. It's like the designers worked on everything about the car except the hoop, then went to lunch. While at lunch, an intern stopped by and picked up the prints and delivered them to the manufacturing floor.
AvalonFal
#5 - of all of them, it still looks the most like a 914.

Paul
ericread
Couldn't vote for number 1; The grass needs to get cut... WTF.gif

Couldn't vote for number 3: It's no longer a 914... yellowsleep[1].gif

Couldn't vote for number 4: The left-front headlight cover is crooked... shades.gif

Couldn't vote for number 5: It's way too orange and the hood ornament isn't period correct... rolleyes.gif

So it's number 2! Besides, this car gives me a woodie... happy11.gif

Nice try everybody, but number 2 WINS!!! smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, I know the badge just isn't right. I want to take it off and make my car look Euro. I have the 914-6-VW-Porsche badge for the rear too. I just need to want to go down the slope of body work.

Thanks guys vor the vote thus far. I am sure Chappy will win this round and rightly so. His car is amazing and his work is incredible. beerchug.gif
jcambo7
My vote goes to #5. Jon's car. The car is amazing and I know what he plans to do to it is going to make it even better. Good luck Jon. piratenanner.gif laugh.gif
iamchappy
Wow, Eric is really critical, the lawn even factored in on his vote.

Actually the grass was left high because of the draught we were having, my neighbors
who had mowed there lawns were all brown at that time.

I voted for Anklebiter because i feel even a car especially one as unique as this is still worthy during the project faze.
iamchappy
wacko.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 29 2008, 12:02 PM) *

Wow, Eric is really critical, the lawn even factored in on his vote.

Actually the grass was left high because of the draught we were having, my neighbors
who had mowed there lawns were all brown at that time.

I voted for Anklebiter because i feel even a car especially one as unique as this is still worthy during the project faze.

I agree with you Chappy but since you can only have a car be COTM once a year I want to see it on the first page complete piratenanner.gif . We need more pics and info of your car on here even though you have a great thread about it beerchug.gif
iamchappy
More pictures of my unmowed lawn can be found here......

http://homepage.mac.com/davidchapman1/PhotoAlbum26.html
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif aktion035.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 29 2008, 12:08 PM) *

More pictures of my unmowed lawn can be found here......

http://homepage.mac.com/davidchapman1/PhotoAlbum26.html

Mr Chappy,

Beautiful car, you got my vote. flag.gif

Tom
balljoint
Wasn't there a lesson learned about parking vehicles in long grass? sad.gif

Still got my vote on #1. smile.gif

Big fan of all the cars though, as usual it is a very nice selection.
*kennyd*914
I voted for #5 as it's the only one which resembles mine (in a garage that is!) They are all inspirational during this hibernation period!!

K
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(balljoint @ Dec 29 2008, 01:03 PM) *

Wasn't there a lesson learned about parking vehicles in long grass? sad.gif

Still got my vote on #1. smile.gif

Big fan of all the cars though, as usual it is a very nice selection.

Ummm... admins. Dave got out of the sandbox again laugh.gif
helios
I would expect Chappy's car to win (and well deserved) as it is truely an amazing car. But.....my vote has to go to #5. Local inspiration for my "project" edges it over the top. Anklebiter has a lot going for it, though a little early for a bid in my opinion (can't wait to see it complete/near completion, as car will probably be a shoe-in!).

They are all amazing projects and worthy of nominations.
PeeGreen 914
Just remembered these pics that I thought I should post biggrin.gif
okieflyr
I really like the vision of #2, and would love to have the bodywork from # 3 for my car. The yellow #4 (my car) has had an engine conversion for those that may not know. The engine is an 03 VW 1.8T engine mated to an 012 transmission with Quaiffe. It is certainly no show or supercar, but it is a blast to drive, and get's it's glass panels put on during auto-x season. My wife and I have done several regional road trips, and it has never needed a lid looked under!
LarryR
Man talk about tough decisions! I came back to the post 4 times before voting. All of the cars are sweet.
jsayre914
sawzall-smiley.gif car #2 is baddd asssss
aktion035.gif

BMXerror
QUOTE(ericread @ Dec 29 2008, 11:19 AM) *

Couldn't vote for number 3: It's no longer a 914... yellowsleep[1].gif

...And the anklebiter is? Bitch, please! slap.gif biggrin.gif poke.gif
My vote is for #4. I give the guy big props for doing something (several things) out of the ordinary, and doing them very well! Yes you CAN turbo a 914! Go underdog!
Mark D.
:edit: I would love to see the Anklebiter be renominated when it's a little closer to finished! Bitchin' project, for sure!
plymouth37
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Dec 29 2008, 09:59 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif I was thinking the same thing!
Thanks for the nomination guys biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Vote for #1! aktion035.gif A couple more teasers. Chappy is too modest to post these but I'm not. Detail at every angle. 3.1 twin plug Turbo power!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
messix
and out come the pageant moms stirthepot.gif av-943.gif
sww914
Damn you, couldn't you put at least 1 pig in there to make it easier?
ericread
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Dec 29 2008, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(BMXerror @ Dec 29 2008, 09:59 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif I was thinking the same thing!
Thanks for the nomination guys biggrin.gif

It took you guys a lot longer to call me out on this than I expected.. Meanwhile, I have been av-943.gif at the various complaints of my analysis.

I'm just glad everybody (thus far) has a sense of humor!

Let's face it, all of these cars are amazing. Great job!!!

Eric Read
TJB/914
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 29 2008, 10:37 PM) *

Ha Ha, your right we like Chappy. popcorn[1].gif He's an interesting guy and a real good wildlife artist. Everything he does is perfect. flag.gif

Tom
iamchappy
Ok enough you guys, Rich and Blizzy were bribed.
And all should know that my car is not perfect - it leaks oil..........
rick 918-S
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 29 2008, 10:37 PM) *

av-943.gif OMG! Coffee out the nose! av-943.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 30 2008, 12:37 AM) *

I spit diet coke on my screen... too funny. lol2.gif
ConeDodger
I have to step up in defense of Chappy here... I grew up in Minnesota very close to Lake Minnetonka which is a very nice place to live. I can tell you that the grass grows very - very quickly in the summer under normal conditions. It is rare to have a drought but if it happens, you don't want to mow your lawn because the taller grass preserves the moisture in the ground.

Now having said that, I have to say, I voted for Jon because Chappy's grass is too high blink.gif
SGB
I've waited and struggled but the Iamchappy-mobile has been under my admiration since it got finished. Talk about wild-life! Must vote #1.
jcambo7
I like all the cars but go Jon! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Dec 30 2008, 01:05 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Spoken like a guy who wants to make sure he is still getting invites to holiday dinners biggrin.gif
IAMOLIVERCHAPPY
i vote dad
Rusty
First pageant moms, now shill voting... this contest is taking an interesting and entertaining turn.

It's a bit reminiscent of the Birthday Fairy's "Best Mom" contest. biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 30 2008, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Dec 30 2008, 01:05 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Spoken like a guy who wants to make sure he is still getting invites to holiday dinners biggrin.gif

av-943.gif chairfall.gif My sister doesn't cook that good, unless it's mac and cheese from the box!!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914

My inlaws are really the ones who make they great dinners. Some day my wife will learn biggrin.gif . James is just being a good brother wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Rusty @ Dec 30 2008, 03:15 PM) *

First pageant moms, now shill voting... this contest is taking an interesting and entertaining turn.

It's a bit reminiscent of the Birthday Fairy's "Best Mom" contest. biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif

No shill bidding here. Ollie is the real deal. A true Porsche enthusist! driving.gif

Hi Ollie! bye1.gif I hope your dad wins Buddy! aktion035.gif
iamchappy
Ollies vote is real, he typed his reply, i helped him with registering, his signature and avitor, but i cant tell you his excitement on being a 914 World member you would have to see that for yourself.
You can subtract his vote if it's a tie.....
PeeGreen 914

Oh no way. His vote counts and it should no matter what. I love hearing you tell about his enthusiasm durng you build. I can't wait for my son to share that with me.
jcambo7
The COTM race is getting close aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif chairfall.gif
greenie
I'm taking my cue from the Illinois Governor.

The General has not voted yet.. Can I get an opening bid $$$ ? Maybe a few car parts?

Just PM me the phone might be tapped.
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 30 2008, 05:35 PM) *

Ollies vote is real, he typed his reply, i helped him with registering, his signature and avitor, but i cant tell you his excitement on being a 914 World member you would have to see that for yourself.
You can subtract his vote if it's a tie.....

Fair is fair... Jon got his b-in-law to shill for him av-943.gif

Hey Jon, have Campbell and Elijah voted yet?
PeeGreen 914
Wow. I never thought of that biggrin.gif No, they won't do such thing chair.gif

James only voted because he wants more rides in my car laugh.gif
ericread
I guess I need to find a chicago-based 914 BBS so that I can just buy a COTM contest...

laugh.gif

Eric Read

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.