Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey MidEngine Invasion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
type11969
What is the camping situation like around those locations?
ExZion
Depending on the weather I should be there in my MR2. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
The closest campground (A) will likely be book solid, but you can call. The second closest campgrounds (B and C) are not too far and will likely have room. If you just want a place to park and sleep in your van you can use my driveway smile.gif

A- Hershey Highmeadow Campground, 1200 Matlack Rd
Hummelstown, PA, (717) 534-8999

B- Hershey Conewago Campground, 1590 Hershey Rd
Elizabethtown, PA, (717) 367-1179

C- Thousand Trails-Resort Camping, 493 S Mount Pleasant Rd
Lebanon, PA, (717) 867-5504

D- Hershey Swap and Race smile.gif

r_towle
Please take a serious note regarding the train tracks next to campground A.
This is speaking from experience...you wont sleep.
This is the main line for all trains going to the east coast...its non stop, its all shipping trains...they are really long with multiple engines...it sucks ass.

We rented a cabin there...nice little wood cabin, no frills.
There is a tiny little sign posted on the counter about a FOOT off the floor. It stated.
"Occasional Train traffic on site, no refunds"

It was every 15 minutes ALL NIGHT LONG.
I got more sleep leaving here at midnight and driving right through till 6 am.
Rich
Dr Evil
Good point, Rich. I totally forgot to mention about the train. Slipped my mind.
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 18 2009, 05:50 PM) *

Good point, Rich. I totally forgot to mention about the train. Slipped my mind.

Train(s)

It slips most Hershey residence mind...guess you get used to it.

Rich
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I can recommend Chocolete Town Motel , I have stayed there for many yrs.

clean , reasonable. As Doc. said with walking distance of Duke's and Dimitris

of the 2 i prefer Duke's good food and Suds. Large enough to handle lg. group.

Dave slap.gif
VaccaRabite
So, after a bunch of revisions, it looks like this is going to be what we use to make a banner for the event (so folks can find our space):
Click to view attachment

And we are going to try can have shirts or something (maybe hoodies - it is April after all). This is the logo for whatever we have made:

Click to view attachment

Zach
scotty b
[quote name='Dr Evil' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:57 PM' post='1121055']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 12 2009, 08:46 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='Vacca Rabite' post='1120585' date='Jan 11 2009, 07:27 PM']
Lets try this...

Click to view attachment

Lemme know what you think. (oh, and clearly its in .gif format, not .jpg as said earlier.)
[/quote]

Seems kind of prejudiced to me dry.gif Guess I know where I'm not allowed to go now sad.gif
[/quote]

Thats true, for Scotty we need one with a green check mark on an empty engine bay av-943.gif
[/quote]

Actually I was reffering to the NO water cooled symbol. But now that you mention it sad.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 11 2009, 07:27 PM) *

Thats true, for Scotty we need one with a green check mark on an empty engine bay av-943.gif

Now now now, lets not make Scotty bring that thread back up to the top with the poll to see what YOU are driving to Hershey...
Play nice.
Hell, he is one of your mechanics...no?

Actually I was reffering to the NO water cooled symbol. But now that you mention it sad.gif

Scotty,
You are more than welcome to beat the hell out of my 914 on sunday..

Rich
Dr Evil
I like the horizontal orientation of the pics, with the circle and line on the front and rear engined cars smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 18 2009, 06:39 PM) *

Now now now, lets not make Scotty bring that thread back up to the top with the poll to see what YOU are driving to Hershey...
Play nice.

Scotty,

Rich

:

Thanks Rich but I will more than likely be there in the 944, beating the hell out of it :driving
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 18 2009, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 18 2009, 06:39 PM) *

Play nice.

Scotty,

Rich

:

Thanks Rich but I will more than likely be there in the 944, beating the hell out of it :driving

To bad you wont get to drive a real car at the autox...
Maybe you will finish up Zachs car in time....laugh.gif

Rich
ClayPerrine
Information for those who care....

Betty and I are talking about flying up on Friday night, showing up for the swap meet on Saturday, and flying home on Sunday.

If we can do it, is there anything planned for Dinner on Sat? Where do we meet up with Y'all?

auerbach
I just booked the weekend at the Hampton Inn in Hershey. The rate was $169 including breakfast. It's close to the venue and to Dr. Evil's abode.
jsayre914
Is there a southern caravan??

who is planning on traveling 83 north on sat morning. lets meet up, how early and where can i join in. beerchug.gif

anyone
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 19 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Information for those who care....

Betty and I are talking about flying up on Friday night, showing up for the swap meet on Saturday, and flying home on Sunday.

If we can do it, is there anything planned for Dinner on Sat? Where do we meet up with Y'all?

The planners are working on it as I type. Soon to be announced. bye1.gif The planners are checking the private forum every day and making decisions to move things forward. Stay tuned!
r_towle
Hi,
Right now we are trying to get a decent rate at a hotel that is in the area.
Dr Evil, being the local guy, is visiting a few places so we get a first hand opinion of the hotel, parking, bars, etc etc.

We will try to keep the rate under 100 per night per person.
The rates range from 55-200 so we have alot to choose from.

We should have a firm hotel by the end of this week so people can sign up and book rooms.

We will not block off rooms (Unless you would like to run that on your CC)
We will negotiate a rate that is based upon a certain minimum number of rooms, and based upon confirmation of those rooms by a certain date.

We will publisize all the details by End of Week on our web site...which is in the works...so everyone can see all the details.

Rich
Dr Evil
How much were the spots in Palmyra? Dukes would be a good place to meet up for things. It has been the place for the last 3 years since it is easy and usually has enough open seats. Auerbach is about a mi down the road form all of those motels and from Dukes.
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2009, 10:35 PM) *

How much were the spots in Palmyra? Dukes would be a good place to meet up for things. It has been the place for the last 3 years since it is easy and usually has enough open seats. Auerbach is about a mi down the road form all of those motels and from Dukes.

I am not sure what you are talking about.
Maybe we should get into the Event Planning forum and finalize this.

Rich
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Chocolate Town Motel rate has been $ 89.00 a night , ( for the past few yrs.,that

of course can change) $178.00 Fri. Sat nights. I usually don't stay for the Auto

X on SUN. But I might this yr., i will be the cheering section. BTW when you

guys deside which one ,hake your reservatuion early, feb. 1st if possible. The

swap puts a lot of pressure of motel rooms, Then add the darn Turkey hunters

and there hard to get late. Let us know as soon as you can as to location.

Dave slap.gif
rick 918-S
Hey! I found a link to an official Tee Shirt for the event! Anyone can order them. You don't even have to attend. (although that would be great iffen ya did) This is a direct order and drop ship item.

http://emgmerch.com/business/midengineinvasion.html

Our own member "oldschool" is making these shirts. Cool!
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 9 2009, 10:21 AM) *

It didnt rain last year, they moved the date later in the month to beat the curse.

The curse got transferred to another party.

(Apparently.)
ClayPerrine
We have the flights, hotel, and rent car booked.

Sorry, we were unable to rent a 914. sad.gif

But Travis and Robyn Howard are coming with us.

The ladies want to tour the chocolate factory.

swm914

They stopped tours of the actual factory in the '70's. There is a simulated tour at "Chocolate World" which is walking distance to the swap meet.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(swm914 @ Mar 7 2009, 09:31 AM) *

They stopped tours of the actual factory in the '70's. There is a simulated tour at "Chocolate World" which is walking distance to the swap meet.

Will it be open on Sunday??
zymurgist
Shouldn't be a problem.

Hershey's Chocolate World

Of course, the Chocolate World tour dumps you right into the gift shop. My only regret is not buying the K-Line O27 Hershey train they used to sell... I think they sell an HO scale train set now, and it's not nearly as impressive.
914rrr
We will be there. We actually rented two booth spaces back to back. But we may not use it. We might bring the 914. We are staying at the holiday inn express since the wife has some points and it is free. Anyone that needs the space to sell some stuff, let us know. Even if we use it, you can put your stuff there and make some $$.

PM us if you are interested.

Rob and Nel
twoskinuts
The First Teener Invasion im in! No car huh.gif but i have to check this out it's only 3 hours away from me!!
Dr Evil
piratenanner.gif Its on baby, yeah!
turboman808
So what is the ratio of 914 owners attending to 914s? biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 10 2009, 01:08 AM) *

So what is the ratio of 914 owners attending to 914s? biggrin.gif

Every 914 in attendance will have an owner...
ClayPerrine
There will be 3 914 owners (And one 944 owner) attending who will Not have their cars with them.

Seems the airlines won't let you carry your 914 on the plane. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I reserved the 4 contiguous spots for us today smile.gif The meeting room is reserved, the food is chosen, the bar has been warned, the hotel is on the dole......this might actually happen wink.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 10 2009, 07:24 PM) *

There will be 3 914 owners (And one 944 owner) attending who will Not have their cars with them.

Seems the airlines won't let you carry your 914 on the plane. biggrin.gif

Unless I want to drive mine down with only bare metal I will probably be bringing the solstice or the accord. biggrin.gif

I will have to get a room tomorrow.
rick 918-S
Hey! The signup is done for this event! Check out the llink on the Home Page at http://www.midengineinvasion.com/

Hope to see ya there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.