Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more out of the ashes.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
A&PGirl
Not option, accessory. I have my rack in the shed.

If you think your bondo/bad patchwork is bad, you don't want to get within 10ft of my car. laugh.gif
heavydriver
[quote name='A&PGirl' date='Feb 12 2009, 05:22 PM' post='1133368']
Not option, accessory. I have my rack in the shed.

If you think your bondo/bad patchwork is bad, you don't want to get within 10ft of my car. laugh.gif

It's still early I still have the front half to strip down yet. happy11.gif
zig-n-zag
Some cyclists use gelled gloves to soak up the vibrations............
heavydriver
time for some advice.......

I have a replacement taillight panel to install. It appears that the PO seam welded a taillight panel some time ago. The welds are horrible and it is hard to make things out.

Does the taillight panel fit forward of the quarter panel ? I think that is the way it goes but some confirmation would be nice.

The panel that I am installing also has the aft 3 inches or so of trunk floor, which also needs to be replaced. Will lining up the corrugations on the floor be enough to ensure proper placement of the bumper mounts ?

If any of the central Florida guys who have done this before would like to assist a noob in his first bodywork I will fill you full of burgers and chips. I live in Deltona and plan to do the r/r on the 7th of March.

driving.gif
heavydriver
Here we go, out with the old and in with the new. The panel came out ok but nothing is ever as simple as it should be. Whoever installed this last left a gap between the trunk floor and the trunk side wall. The spot welds were like little spacers.

Short story is that there will now be some cancer repair to be accomplished prior to installing the new tail panel. Yeah.

Click to view attachment
heavydriver
Click to view attachment
heavydriver
Click to view attachment
heavydriver
Thats it for now. Tune in next week when we will uncover more hidden gems brought to us courtesy of someone's bad workmanship.

Click to view attachment
veltror
Nice to see somebody else has some grief to deal with......
ConeDodger
As the cute robot in the movie says Disassemble! Let's see how you weld now!!! Nice work so far, and a worthy cause. I am planning one for my boy but it will have a 3000 RPM pill in the MSD box biggrin.gif
heavydriver
QUOTE(veltror @ Mar 8 2009, 07:25 AM) *

Nice to see somebody else has some grief to deal with......

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

You say this about me !!!!!! I am not worthy to sweep out the back room of your garage. I will take this as a high compliment.
heavydriver
Time for a technical question. The rear quarter panels appear to have both an inner and an outer panel. what should the order be for reassembly ? The current taillight panel appears to be sandwiched between the two others. Is this correct ? If not what should it be ? HELP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.