Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to be like JP :D
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
An infinite multiple more that what I use with no bumper. A bumper would cover up my WEVO stickey....can't have that, eh?
With better planning, I'da welded up those holes before painting the car.
I really never had a plan, the thing just sorta happened over a period of time....still happening, I guess.
JoeSharp
Gosh I never thought about not running a rear bumper. It dosen't need it to protect the car from cones. I may have just saved some more weight.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 1 2009, 10:08 AM) *

Gosh I never thought about not running a rear bumper. It dosen't need it to protect the car from cones. I may have just saved some more weight.

In fact, the lack of a rear bumper improves their egress.
My muffler has melted cone guts all over it's bottom......dunno how they got there. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
av-943.gif
blabla914
Rich,

Your story about the guy melting his bumper and valence onto his exhuast got my attention. I have to think something else besides some metal missing was going on there. I have been running a FG rear bumper with no heat sheild and the rear apron (or whatever you call that metal between the rear bumper brackets) cut out for about 10 years now. At first I put some aluminum foil on the bumper, but after a few years it fell off and since there was no detriment to the bumper I have done nothing about it. I have run like this with both a 4cyl and 6cyl motor and Bursch and sport mufflers without any problems on the street, autocross, and even a couple of track events. Perhaps it was the valence that trapped the heat and caused the problems? Seems unlikely to me the valence would make that much difference, but it could happen. Maybe it was the combination of his muffler and the valence? Curious.....

Kelly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.