Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sumthin else
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Hummmm....prolly too late to do anything about using this for the West Coast Classic, but check this.
http://www.ssccmedford.com/

Click on "track"

I just may have to trailer down there, mid summer, for one of their events.
drew365
Cripes, when you said you might trailer on down I thought it might be something close to me. You must be up in moose country. The track doesn't look too different from our short track events at Willow Springs, kind of like a big AX, I think. I find running a small track like that is more physically demanding than the big tracks. Definately will get your blood pumping, or beer pumping as the case may be. laugh.gif
Hey, I think I made a punny!
Joseph Mills
JP
That is one sweet lookin' "smaller" facility. We have a similar facility in my area that we hold autocrosses on. It's a county sheriff's driver's training course - combined with a rifle range. wacko.gif

Way different autocrossing balls out with just a few feet of asphalt between some "turf" and your "line" w00t.gif

The first time I went there, the very first driver out immediately missed his first turn at the end of an 80mph straight. Slammed into the ONLY small embankment in the site's area. Totalled his water-cooled Porsche and got a bloody face from his airbags. That incident reduced EVERYONE'S exit speed for the day in that turn by at least 5mph! unsure.gif

I bet you'd have a blast on that course. Not so sure it would be suitable for 100+ drivers of unknown & varying skill levels.
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Joseph, have ya heard about the new track going in at the old dragstrip in Tulsa? 3 1/2 mile road course, with a half mile straight. Susposed to open in October, and be a much better facility that Hallett.
boxstr
Hey that looks nice, Let's go.
CCLINAX
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 18 2004, 06:50 PM)
Hey Joseph, have ya heard about the new track going in at the old dragstrip in Tulsa? 3 1/2 mile road course, with a half mile straight. Susposed to open in October, and be a much better facility that Hallett.

Hiya Curt!

Hallett is a pretty nice facility. And a VERY challenging race course. MDB2.gif

Haven't been there in awhile though. Been putting off taking my teener up there until I have a temp & oil gage. Done got my tuna can.....

Half mile straight-away? In a teener? What's that great sucking sound I hear? Whoosh...whoosh...whoosh...whoosh.... Ha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.