Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seller "Renecorp" on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
RENECORP
Hi- I would like to set a few things straight. First off, I would like to thank the members who have come up with positive constructive solutions to the apparent issues my listings on E-bay have created for some of you. My listings were oriented towards Porsche owners because the tradition of membership in auto clubs in Germany goes back to the invention of the automobile. ADAC, NAC, MCI, and others have been in existence for over 100 years in some cases. Members would display auto grille badges on their cars based on their town, city, country of origin, brand loyalty, club rallys, autocross events, tourist destinations, you name it, there was a badge to commemorate it! So, there is quite a long standing tradition of sports oriented car owners, particularly Porsche owners, to do stuff with their cars, and collect, display, and mount badges to their cars as bragging rights for whatever they were most interested in! Some of you don't like my reproduction badges. That's okay, it is a free country, you don't have to like everything! Some of you have purchased parts, badges and other Porsche related memorabalia from me, and yet, some of those same self confessed buyers who expressed satisfaction with my service and my stuff are my biggest critics! Okay, can't please all of the people all of the time. Fine. My E-bay feedback score is currently 99.3% for the last rolling year, because I am always working to provide great customer service. Am I perfect? Hell, no. But, I will continue to improve, because I pay attention to people when they have issues, and act on positive solutions. As for my listings, over the next couple of months, I will be changing titles on a lot of my listings to reduce the number of my badges that show up on a Porsche 914 search as a positive response to the few polite requests from 914world members I have received. In the meantime, please try some of the search alterations suggested by other forum members to eliminate badges from your search for parts. Please bear with me, as I have to edit each listing one at a time to make title changes, so it won't happen overnight. Separate issue, my issue with Jon. Jon bought a motor from me that had come along with my first 914-6. I was told by the car seller that it was a 2.2 liter he had picked up as an upgrade for the car. I sold that car, the track car, and the 911E I owned one at a time over the last 5 years to pay for my wife's medical expenses. You don't know her or me, and you don't have to like either one of us, you don't have to care if we live or die, but that is what happened. I sold Jon the motor, and several weeks later he told me that the motor was a 2.0 liter, and would not cut it for what he had in mind. I agreed to take the motor back and refind his money. Between keeping my wife alive, because I do know and care about her, and the way the economy has tubed over the last couple of years, I have not been able to pay Jon back his money- yet. Last year alone, my take home pay was down 66 percent from the year before, and that year was harsh as well! I gave him a transaxle that I had as a spare to rebuild if I ever needed it, and the complete custom autocross decklid I had for my 914-6 track car. Great paint, reinforced, trick airfoil, wicker bill, adjustable angle, full car width spoiler for ultimate adjustment for short track or long track events. Not junk, not misrepresented, not as partial payment, just a way to try to compensate for the delay in repayment. If Jon thought the items were junk, why did he keep them? Who cares, the point is that I owe him money, and I intend to repay him, and that's it, end of story. I don't expect that this will change any opinions, and I will not be making any more posts. I do know that what you put your attention on grows, and I prefer the positive, not the negative. I wish all of you, all of us, good health, prosperity, and a better year than the last few have been for all of us. Thanks, Rene
736conver
Didnt even read it. Looks like one sentence. Very annoying...
RJMII
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 19 2009, 12:36 PM) *

Didnt even read it. Looks like one sentence. Very annoying...

agree.gif

+1
PeeGreen 914
Well here's to hoping I do actually get payed back dry.gif

If you actually cared you could just call and tell me you still want to pay me back without some story of "jerking the cow to pay the horse" or whatever BS you alwaysw say. You know I have been very reasonable on this. I kept the stuff you gave me because it was something. Not much but something. I know you want to keep you wife alive and need to pay bills. However, I too have a family to feed and two kids that deserve to have everything I can provide for them. I too am in sales and have felt a big impact, part of why I have been so leanient. You do see that if I was to have borrowed that money to buy the engine at 10% the interest would be over $750 already for me. Thankfully I didn't but you get the idea. I really do wish you the best Rene but, damn it, keep me in the loop. mad.gif
ConeDodger
If I am a good man and I owe another good man money, I should be calling him so much to tell him that though I cannot pay - he is in my thoughts and I am looking forward to the day I can relieve myself of the burden of my debt to him... He should never wonder if I will some day make it right.

In the time since Rene became indebted to Jon, Jon has two new mouths to feed. He is not only suffering through the same economic uncertainty, he is stuck in the house caring for his children so as not to add the burden of childcare to the bills they pay... The economy is bad and Jon cannot go out and try to make it better for himself and his family...

It should not take a thread like this to draw you out to make your first 2 posts in the years since you registered for you to make contact with Jon. You should give him something every week... At the very least, he should be getting a phone call...
PeeGreen 914
Okay guys. I think we have done enough to Rene here. He has changed his listings so they should not effect us as they did. He did call to work out and arangement with me that I understand. Even though I just want to get paid back he did do as he said he would with the badges. So I think it would be good enough to leave him alone on the ebay stuff. If there is another issue with it post it here and he will see it and do his best to change it.

Thanks Rob, that is exactly how I feel as well. I can understand the part where it is emarassing to call to say you have nothing to give but it is just part of the deal sometimes.
RJMII
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 21 2009, 12:02 PM) *

Okay guys. I think we have done enough to Rene here. He has changed his listings so they should not effect us as they did. He did call to work out and arangement with me that I understand. Even though I just want to get paid back he did do as he said he would with the badges. So I think it would be good enough to leave him alone on the ebay stuff. If there is another issue with it post it here and he will see it and do his best to change it.

Thanks Rob, that is exactly how I feel as well. I can understand the part where it is emarassing to call to say you have nothing to give but it is just part of the deal sometimes.

I edited my posts. =o) the numbers for the listings are gone now.
RENECORP
Hi- Heads up to all of you, I had to re-list about 70 items tonight that I have not had time to revise the titles on, so some of them WILL SHOW UP IN SEARCHES FOR 914, 914-6 STUFF!!! I will revise all of these titles to reduce the impact on searches over the next couple of days, so please bear with me! I will follow through, and make sure that you are not being inconvenienced by my stuff for any longer than possible. I hope to have them all done by Monday, or mid week at least. Thanks, Renecorp
Lavanaut
I really appreciate that. Thanks.
sixnotfour
I really appreciate that. Thanks.

agree.gif
charliew
I am just reading this and I feel sorry for rene's situation. His wifes illness is a very sad thing. As to the 2.0 six it looks like to me it has some value to someone. It can't be worth nothing. Why was it not sold or has it been, to recover some or all of it's cost?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 22 2009, 10:22 AM) *

I am just reading this and I feel sorry for rene's situation. His wifes illness is a very sad thing. As to the 2.0 six it looks like to me it has some value to someone. It can't be worth nothing. Why was it not sold or has it been, to recover some or all of it's cost?

Long story but it all ends with him selling it and using the money to pay other bills rather than me. dry.gif Like I said though. He told me he would at least call me to keep me up to date with everything. Obviously I would like to get paid back but at least he is going to keep in touch. It's nice to know that he's actually THINKING about the debt.
RENECORP
Hi- to address some of the questions about my reality, the following applies to my life. I am a commissioned sales person for my "real" job. In 2007, I made 60% of what I made the previous year. I made one third of a normal real life income last year. As far as I am concerned, the recession started about 2 years ago. I used to buy stuff for my cars, and stuff I thought was too good to pass up, and that is all I did, just collected. When my income started to go into the dumper, I started to sell my cars and my stuff in order to keep ahead of the cost of living. When sales continued to slide into the toilet this year, I started to try to make more on E-bay to make ends meet. Sales there are down as well, but if you don't list, you don't sell. E-bay has changed radically in the last year, their fees are up, shipping costs are up, and the cost of every other damm thing is up, but at work, we have gone through 4 fricking pay cuts over the last 5 years! Work harder for less, it's the American way! My wife's medical costs run $1500- 2000.00 per month just to keep her alive and slowly moving back to normal health, which most of us take for granted. When she first started to crash, burn, and nearly died in 2001, it was closer to $5000.00 per month, and none of the things that work for her are covered by medical- all that is above medical, and out of pocket. Savings? gone. Retirement? never got there. Money from selling my cars? repaid the bank loans that bought them to begin with. I am behind in my mortgage, underwater on damm near everything else, and owe Jon money that I will pay him before I pay credit cards or anything else besides food, heat, water, and lights. When I am in debt, and have no good news to tell some one, it is really hard to figure out what- or why to pick up the phone. I am 53 years old, and never had a problem with my commitments before the last 2 years despite the insane cost of keeping my "old bat" alive, and never expected to have a problem. I have loved her for 29 years, and cannot imagine life without my best friend, so it is all okay to me. Like I said before, I wish all of us good health, happiness, prosperity, and hope for the new year, because it has to be that way so our lives are worth living. I miss having my 914-6, because the 15 minute drive to and from work plus occasional looonnnng detours made life seem to be worth all of the other drama I live with. Enjoy your cars, because life is subject to change without notice. Thank you for reading, Renecorp
ericread
I have been there myself. Lost everything a few years ago to the cost of paying the bills on cancer teatment for a loved one.

It looks to me like everyone is on the same page now. An agreement has been made between the two principals, and RENECORP is attempting to live up to his side of the agreement.

I think it's time to cut him a little slack now. Nothing good can come out of further bashing. Let's give everybody some time to make good on their word.

To me, what started as a serious bashing turned into an agreeable resolution of the problem. For Phoenix 914-6GT, it will take a lot of self control to dial back the anger and frustration. But RENECOPR has stood up to this board, aired his response, and agreed to try to make good.

Let's move on...

Eric Read
RENECORP
Hi- last, but not least, please understand that it did not take the issues with 914world to get me thinking about my obligation to Jon. I am wired to honor my commitments, always have, always will. I "live" at work with several of his close friends, and they are aware of the situation from both sides, so even if I wasn't calling, there was a regular flow of feedback from my co-workers about his life situation, and the need to try to get my debt to him resolved. For me, this all started when I had an E-bay member tell me that some people on 914world were really pissed off about my E-bay listings, and that I should take a look at the comments and do something about it. So, I checked out the site for the first time in a long time, and you all know the rest. So, two issues, and two solutiions. The first was to change my listings to make less of an impact on searches for 914 stuff on E-bay, which I have done, so far, with another 70 to 100 listings left to modify. The second, which I am grateful to all of you for, was the opportunity to get things clear and straight again between myself and Jon, because I don't think a phone call would have cut it at this point, or satisfied the situation in quite the same manner that this forum has allowed to happen. I hope you all never miss a gear, always miss redline by less than 50 rpm, never hit cones, always cut the perfect line through corners, never offroad your car, and always have the roof off if it aint raining!!! Renecorp
EdwardBlume
Geez, times are tough.... and getting tougher. I appreciate the reminder on how we shouldn't take things for granted.

Good luck with the road ahead...
PeeGreen 914
I do agree that a phone call wouldn't have cut it at that point but now all is better. Just being able to hash out pent up feeling does help wink.gif Again Rene, I know what you are going through which is why I have done my best to be understanding. I do hope things turn around for you but please do just keep intouch with me even if it is to call and tell me you have nothing. I'm sorry for some of the negative things that were said on here but they had to get out. bye1.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(RENECORP @ Jan 23 2009, 09:07 AM) *

The first was to change my listings to make less of an impact on searches for 914 stuff on E-bay, which I have done, so far, with another 70 to 100 listings left to modify.

He's back at it. 65 eBay listings for badges that have nothing to do with 914. headbang.gif

Yeah, I know, the easy thing is to filter out the word "badge" in a search. So annoying.

PeeGreen 914

Yeah, but th guy is broke and just trying to get by. I think youcan just deal with it and let the guy try to make a buck. Then he can continue to pay me wink.gif. Which he has been doing. Thanks Rene.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 17 2009, 08:10 PM) *

Yeah, but th guy is broke and just trying to get by. I think youcan just deal with it and let the guy try to make a buck.

I get it. Let the rules be broken as long as it benefits me?
carr914
Jon, I'm glad you are getting some money finally, but it is just damn annoying on eBay. Cause we don't need no stinking badges, man.

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ May 17 2009, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 17 2009, 08:10 PM) *

Yeah, but th guy is broke and just trying to get by. I think youcan just deal with it and let the guy try to make a buck.

I get it. Let the rules be broken as long as it benefits me?

Well, you could write him an email and ask him to stop if it bothered you so much confused24.gif If he he doesn't THEN you can report it. However, he did make good on his word last time. I'm not saying just because it benefits me, it really doesn't much at all. He still owes me a lot but since he did follow through with what he said he would do the last time this was an issue why not just ask him again. It's not too hard to send him a PM if it really bothers you beerchug.gif
736conver
I dont understand why you just dont modify your search and leave the guy alone. He's just trying to get the most attention possible to sell his product.

"-badges"

is all you have to put in the search

Its as simple as that.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(736conver @ May 18 2009, 08:46 AM) *

I dont understand why you just dont modify your search and leave the guy alone. He's just trying to get the most attention possible to sell his product.

"-badges"

Its as simple as that.

I know how to filter searches. It's just a pain to have to do that everytime because someone doesn't want to follow eBay's rules. It's called keyword spamming and it's just as bad as email spam.
736conver
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ May 18 2009, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ May 18 2009, 08:46 AM) *

"-badges"

Its as simple as that.

I know how to filter searches. It's just a pain to have to do that everytime because someone doesn't want to follow eBay's rules. It's called keyword spamming and it's just as bad as email spam.

Its gonna happen no matter what you do. HID lights, rims, license plates. I have lots of keywords deleted from my search. Make it a bookmark and get use to adding to it.

biosurfer1
you can save a search to your bookmarks, that solves the problem of having to put it in every time
sixaddict
While badge listings irritate me, everything I have bought has been as described and shipped within a reasonable time. Don't doubt someone eleses problem exists , but fair is fair and that is my experience. Actually worried initially due to bad press but has been straight up with me.
TOT

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2009, 01:40 PM) *

Rene, could you remove 914-914-6 from your badge sales headers.
I have bought 4 badges from e bay in the last 5 years and only one came up in a 914 search because it was a 914 badge.

RENECORP
So much for your "Word" that you would stop cluttering the pages of eBay with your Chinese Badges - Out of the 1st 50 listings under Porsche 914-6, 41 of them are this crap.
- carr914 ! Hi- this listing is for an original vintage correct ADAC Germany Porsche
club rally badge. There are 50 vintage badges listed that finish
on Sunday. When they finish, I will make sure that when the
unsold badges are re-listed that 914-6 is eliminated from the
description on all of them. I did not think that listing original
German auto club badges for Porsche owners would be offensive
when I posted them. I did make a major effort to minimize the
impact my reproduction badge listings made on search results
earlier this year, and I had hoped that my efforts were
satisfactory for anyone who was offended by my listings. Please
contact me and let me know what you think. I am not here to
offend people, I am here to market items I think are of interest
to car guys, and I do listen to what people have to say. Thank
you for contacting me with your feedback. I hope you have a
great Memorial Day weekend, keeping the shiny side up and
putting miles on your car. Rene
Mikey914
Seems like if the badges are misrepresented or in the wrong category ebay would be the proper venue.
mojorisen914
Give the guy a break. He's trying to make some money. I think some compassion is in order here. Big deal if you have to filter your search. I don't filter at all when looking on Ebay. I type in 914 Porsche in the search box and let er rip. I might find something that strikes my fancy; you just never know.

Rules? We don't need no stinkin rules!

One more thing: opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.
carr914
Fuch giving him a break. We are all trying to eek out a living, but he continues to not stay within the rules. Hell, if he had any kind of morals or ethics, when he took the motor back from Jon and re-sold it, the money should have gone to Jon.

He is the one that took my private eBay message to him and put it up here.

I've had ENOUGH. As I stated in my private message to him 41 out of the first 50 eBays listings under Porsche 914-6 were his JUNK. I shouldn't have to filter my searchs. I already look under 914-6, so I filter out the regular 914 stuff, I shouldn't have to wade through Rene's Chinese junk.

And it's not like he's a valued member here. He joined in 2003 and has 6 posts. Nothing to offer the community except rebuttals.

T.C.
RENECORP
Dear carr914, This was my response to you through E-bay, and my response on the 914 Forum. Your E-bay message to me was similar to your previous posts on this forum, and I included it only to put perspective into why I was making the comments, not to piss you off! I asked you directly- apart from what I have already done, what is your input with regard to my listings? More importantly, why do you have an axe to grind with me? I am willing to listen to what you have to say. Read my previous posts because that is my life story. I am not perfect, and I have made my share of mistakes in life, but I have done my best to make things right between Jon and myself despite getting crushed by lack of business and income over the last 2 years. I won't go into detail, but the one thing that is REALLY fuched in my life lately is income. Ask Jon, because I work with people he knows, and he is quite aware of where I am at, and what I am doing to pay him what I owe him. I will pull ALL of my listings Sunday if necessary and revise them if that is what it takes to encourages you to take me seriously. E-mail me direct- rencorp@mac.com Please respond. Thanks, Rene

Hi- this is an original vintage correct ADAC Germany Porsche
club rally badge. There are 50 vintage badges listed that finish
on Sunday. When they finish, I will make sure that when the
unsold badges are re-listed that 914-6 is eliminated from the
description on most of them. I did not think that listing original
German auto club badges for Porsche owners would be offensive
when I posted them. I did make a major effort to minimize the
impact my reproduction badge listings made on search results
earlier this year, and I had hoped that my efforts were
satisfactory for anyone who was offended by my listings. Please
contact me and let me know what you think. I am not here to
offend people, I am here to market items I think are of interest
to car guys, and I do listen to what people have to say. Thank
you for contacting me with your feedback. I hope you have a
great Memorial Day weekend, keeping the shiny side up and
putting miles on your car. Rene
RENECORP
All 914World members- same thing applies- if you think I need to do something with my E-bay listings, tell me immediately by direct e-mail, rencorp@mac.com Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Rene
Joe Bob

Lose the 914/6 references.

RENECORP
I am pulling ALL of my listings down to remove reference to 914 and 914-6 this evening. I will use 914 and 914-6 on parts, books, manuals, some vintage original auto club rally badges and some new reproduction autoclub emblems that I think are of interest to Porsche owners when I re-list my items. They all go down tonight, so there you go. When I re-list, my items will all follow E-bay protocol to the letter. What I would like to see is the two members who were most critical of my listings prove their noble cause by going after some of the real dreck being sold under the same key words, namely Porsche, 914, and 914-6. At least then it would appear to be an impartial crusade, not a vendetta. Rene
Project 6
ebay

Look who's selling badges now. Our friend from the Basement of the Alamo. chair.gif

I guess flakey chromed, Chineese 17mm lugbolts are out of stock.
carr914
While cut back, you're still at it - Your word is worthless

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
T.C.

He has pulled all of his ads. Ne had reworded the titles and done what he could to get everything out of the 914 column. It has cost him Hundreds if not thousands of dollars to do this. Mind you, had you guys not bitched about his ads he may have been able to pay me back some. Why can't you lay off? Is it so bothersome?

BTW, because of everything that has happened he is now in full compliance with ebay and has talked hours with them. It's pointless to dick around with this now.

He works with my brothers and I hear all about the behind the scene BS all the time.
carr914
Jon, Sorry if this thread has cost you not getting paid, but that is part of the story - the guy has no morals. He hasn't pulled all the ads, I've seen them everyday for the last couple of weeks. If a guy gives his "Word" and then keeps up the same crap - he needs to be called out.

T.C.
porschecb
Beach Boys Racing aint any better dry.gif
SLITS
Gad ..... let the man make money if he can.

There is a shitpile of worthless crap on eBay from other sellers .... most of whom have no frickin' idea of what they are selling.

I wade thru the ads too! I just don't open them if I have no interest in the item

Oh, and what I have bought from him was spot on .... no problems (and it wasn't badges, stickers or ????. I dona put them on my cars.).

Peace, love & dope ..... not necessarily in that order biggrin.gif
carr914
I'll try Chillin

T.C.
RENECORP
QUOTE(RENECORP @ May 24 2009, 11:03 AM) *

I am pulling ALL of my listings down to remove reference to 914 and 914-6 this evening. I will use 914 and 914-6 on parts, books, manuals, some vintage original auto club rally badges and some new reproduction autoclub emblems that I think are of interest to Porsche owners when I re-list my items. They all go down tonight, so there you go. When I re-list, my items will all follow E-bay protocol to the letter. What I would like to see is the two members who were most critical of my listings prove their noble cause by going after some of the real dreck being sold under the same key words, namely Porsche, 914, and 914-6. At least then it would appear to be an impartial crusade, not a vendetta. Rene

I did exactly what I said I was going to do- read my last post. I pulled ALL of my listings, and edited them to comply to the letter with E-Bay rules for key words. I still use 914, and 914-6 on SOME parts, books, manuals, vintage original club badges and new badges that I think are of interest to Porsche owners. Now, leave me alone, don't buy my stuff, and go after every other seller who lists stuff that you don't like or approve of. Almost every seller on E-bay uses key words improperly, and a lot of them sell stuff that has nothing to do with Porsche, 914, or 914-6. So far, I don't see any evidence that you caped crusaders out there are interested in anything other than trashing me period. Prove your main original complaint about my listings by being proactive against ALL sellers on E-bay listing items using the key words Porsche, 914, and 914-6. You have lots to choose from. Rene
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.