Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seller "Renecorp" on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
zonedoubt
I type "Porsche 914" into eBay search: 1007 items.

I type "Porsche 914 -badge -emblem" into search: 822 items.

I wish the seller of those badges (Renecorp) wouldn't use Porsche model numbers in his title descriptions. Just clogs up the search for real parts.
914werke
Not to hijack but that might be a topic for a poll ...
How many have "Badges" on thier car?
(Badges we done neeed no steenking Badges!)
sixnotfour
2 good transaction
1 troubled transaction

no stinking badges

jon b knows him well.

edit I remebered 1 other purchase that went fine.
carr914
It pisses me off everyday when I open the 914-6 section looking for parts and his stinkin Chinese badges are friggin everywhere. mad.gif

I have bought a set of Recaro seats from him that were a good deal.

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 15 2009, 11:40 AM) *

1 good transaction
1 troubled transaction

no stinking badges

jon b knows him well.

To say I know him means the ass owes $2500 and has for over 2 years. The guy is a weasel.

I wouldn't buy anything from him personally and if a friendasks I would say stear clear.
914Sixer
Not a happy camper, I sold him a 356 steering wheel, he said I did not describe it properly.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 15 2009, 06:19 PM) *

Not a happy camper, I sold him a 356 steering wheel, he said I did not describe it properly.

av-943.gif Now that's the pot calling the kettle black. Sorry you delt with him Mark. He's a real piece of work... er piece of... you get the idea.
Joe Bob
He's an Idjut.....along with Sierra Madre Classics and one other...the manic depressive guy that sells the crappy flakey chrome 17mm lug nuts from the basement of the Alamo.
ConeDodger
I had one transaction with him. I got greased up and reamed from both ends. I was asked by the drunken wife of a former member to buy a jacket on her behalf for her husband. She would pay me back. It was at the point she said she would pay me back that I got that creepy - no you won't feeling. Anyway, she never paid me, he had to and even then I had to prove to him that I was supposed to get paid back. Renecorp took freekin forever to ship even though I bought the jacket in a buy it now auction. He had been paid 3 weeks before he shipped.
I'd say avoid him...
PeeGreen 914
Weird, that doesn't sound like Rene at all av-943.gif blink.gif Yeah, avoid him like the plague. I want to but then again I like to be the thorn in his side until he pays me back.... if he ever pays me back. headbang.gif
Lavanaut
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 15 2009, 06:27 PM) *

He's an Idjut.....along with Sierra Madre Classics and one other...

hijacked.gif
Mike I've heard you say that about Sierra Madre before. Curious why, I've had only great experiences with them ("them", not a "he"). Lots of NOS parts, fairly priced, fast shipping, etc, etc. Not saying you're wrong, just curious what turned you off to them so much...?
Joe Bob
When I was doing the restoration on Ray Mital's friend's old ride, a 58 356A, I used to see his ads all over eBay when cruising for parts.

The ads always used NOS, OEM and other terms that would suggest that the reproduction stuff he was selling was actually worth more than it was.

I once bought an item from him. Driving lights and prior to buying the item I asked if if they came with 6volt bulbs. He assured me they did. I paid and in the invoice listed that I was expecting 6volt bulbs.....

The order showed up, 12 volt bulbs. I sent an email and placed a call. I was assured that the bulbs were in the mail. I started searching the net for this particular bulb. The lights ended up being reproduction units that used a very obscure English bulb. I was able to find four such 6v bulbs in Australia. $20 each and close to 30 to ship. 12v bulbs were all over the place....

At that time he stopped returning my emails or calls. I had to file on him with PayPal. I got my money back and even gave positive feedback.

About a year later, I saw another ad....I said WTF, I'll give another go as even it was a repro I needed the mirror. He had blocked me from bidding on his items. Now most of you think that I'm a crusty old fellow who loves to jump down someone's throat at the slightest provocation.

Not so....until I found that he had blocked me from bidding.....I was polite and always gave the seller a break. Since that time....he, Renecorp and that other twerp get no quarter from me. Be honest in the ads.....geez. Especially when it's obvious that the stuff isn't old stock.

But.....I've stopped bagging on Patrick Motorsports.....maybe I'm mellowing.
ericread
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 16 2009, 11:46 AM) *

hijacked.gif
Mike I've heard you say that about Sierra Madre before. Curious why, I've had only great experiences with them ("them", not a "he"). Lots of NOS parts, fairly priced, fast shipping, etc, etc. Not saying you're wrong, just curious what turned you off to them so much...?

I recently purchased some NOS windshield wiper caps from Sierra Madre Collection. Got a decent price and recieved them in about three days. No complaints from me...

smile.gif
Eric Read
ChicagoPete
My only opinion comes from some of the stuff that he has on there ALL the time...for instance, he is offering "PORSCHE 911 RS,RSR,914-6GT,906,908,NEW MARELLI 12 PLUG!" for $229...it looks like a rare Porsche cap but it is actually a JAG cap that people are now using for repro 12 plug dizzy's...

Nowhere does he actually say what it really is and what people are using them for. It is not as if he doesn't know the difference...he knows what he has...

Purely deceptive...would never do business with someone that does that.

Joe Bob
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 16 2009, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 16 2009, 11:46 AM) *

hijacked.gif

I recently purchased some NOS windshield wiper caps from Sierra Madre Collection. Got a decent price and recieved them in about three days. No complaints from me...

smile.gif
Eric Read

Good for you, maybe he has pulled his head out of his orifice and started posting legitimate descriptions.

Renecorp, I posted a rant a bit back about asshat sellers on eBay. He was top of the list. You run an inquiry on 914/6s, get 100+ ads and half of the ads are his crappy Chinese badges.

If you want some entertainment do a search on a guy called "50stuff"....he has some interesting feedback, what a tool....

zonedoubt
Yah I won't buy anything from the guy for the simple fact his auction tactics are annoying.
RENECORP
Hi- In over 7 years of selling parts, etc., nearly 3000 satisfied buyers have a completely different, way more positive opinion of the quality, description, and price parts and the items I sell relative to some of the opinions expressed here. Any issues I have, I sort out with people. I am not the world authority on all things Porsche, and I still have yet to meet the person who is. I have relied on descriptions from sellers of items in the past to describe items I have for sale, and on rare occasion, I have been incorrect. Anybody out there who has done everything perfectly, consistently, for the last 7 years? I don't think so, as we are all human, and we all make mistakes. As for Jon, ask him about the free transaxle and my custom autocross decklid and adjustable wicker bill rear spoiler given to him as INTEREST ONLY on the debt, and my first payment on our transaction before Christmas. Ask me about the cost of keeping my wife of 29 years alive despite her illness. Ask me about being in comissioned sales for "REAL JOB", and having my pay cut by 66 effing percent over the last year thanks to the crappy economy. And above all, ask me to my face rather than hiding behind your annominity on E-bay, or the 914 World forums. You might find out that I have more positive qualities and life issues to deal with than you take for granted, done in a positive manner relative to my reality. Rene
PeeGreen 914
How about ask all of the people that you work with what they think about you? The crap you gave me over the past two and a half years is NOTHING. YOU OWE ME $2500 you dead beat. You always give me every excuse in the book but you can't man up and do what is right. Yo9u have stollen $2500 from me. The tail shift you gave me as "interest" didn't even have any good gears. You most likely would have sold that to someone and would have had an issue with them. The deck lid you gave me is crap as well. Yeah, you gave me $100 two weeks ago. WOW, after two years you could have been giving me $100 a month and actually been paid off by now. Don't kid yourself Rene. If I would have bought that engine from you on ebay and used paypal I would have had my money back already and none of this negative would have ever come from me. Instead I bought it from you in person with the hope you really were an honest person. Especially since you work with two people that are basically my brothers. You dug your own grave on this one. Your coworkers think you are a joke and have a very low opinion of you. The best thing you can do is PAY ME MY MONEY and restore some of your self worth. ar15.gif I actually use to tell people to come in and talk to you so they can buy from you and I can get paid back. Now I actually tell people to avoid you as I can't trust you.
736conver
Wow Rene been a member since 03 and has just made his FIRST post.
sixnotfour
Rene, could you remove 914-914-6 from your badge sales headers.
I have bought 4 badges from e bay in the last 5 years and only one came up in a 914 search because it was a 914 badge.
736conver
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2009, 02:40 PM) *

I have bought 4 badges from e bay in the last 5 years and only one came up in a 914 search because it was a 914 badge.

Just modify your search a little more. You can search Porsche 914 with having badges show up.

Just type

Porsche 914 -badge

Into the search.

This will eliminate the 140 or so auctions with the word badge.

This works with any search you do. And you can use multiple words to delete out.

sixnotfour
Thanks Brian
736conver
I have my search bookmarked as

porsche -license -emblem -badge -rotors

Another cool serach you can do is go into Ebay Motors and type this into the search

914 -porsche

It will bring up all misspelled version of Porsche, some other junk shows up too, but you can get to all the "hidden" 914 auctions.

Like this one

NEW PORSHE 914 TRUNK RELEASE
Or this one
Porsch 914 rear stub axle fits 70-77 yr

This applies to most search engines including our own on this board.

JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2009, 12:40 PM) *

DITTO! I hate getting those damn badges on my 914 searches headbang.gif . I'll give RENE some props for actually coming on & saying something. I would think if you have sold over 3000 items on ebay. You should have made enough to pay Jon his money confused24.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(RENECORP @ Jan 18 2009, 10:54 AM) *

Hi- In over 7 years of selling parts, etc., nearly 3000 satisfied buyers have a completely different, way more positive opinion of the quality, description, and price parts and the items I sell relative to some of the opinions expressed here. Any issues I have, I sort out with people. I am not the world authority on all things Porsche, and I still have yet to meet the person who is. I have relied on descriptions from sellers of items in the past to describe items I have for sale, and on rare occasion, I have been incorrect. Anybody out there who has done everything perfectly, consistently, for the last 7 years? I don't think so, as we are all human, and we all make mistakes. As for Jon, ask him about the free transaxle and my custom autocross decklid and adjustable wicker bill rear spoiler given to him as INTEREST ONLY on the debt, and my first payment on our transaction before Christmas. Ask me about the cost of keeping my wife of 29 years alive despite her illness. Ask me about being in comissioned sales for "REAL JOB", and having my pay cut by 66 effing percent over the last year thanks to the crappy economy. And above all, ask me to my face rather than hiding behind your annominity on E-bay, or the 914 World forums. You might find out that I have more positive qualities and life issues to deal with than you take for granted, done in a positive manner relative to my reality. Rene

EAT MY SHORTS..... av-943.gif
carr914
Jon, I just sent you a pm, so I could forward an Email I got from Rene as a response to a message I sent him on eBay about the stinking Chinese crap. The eMail is almost word for word his response on this thread, like he wrote and pasted it here and on my email.

I don't give a Rats Ass about his friggin wife, about how his friggin income is down 66% because of the economy. I'm unemployed because of this economy, but yet am still buying stuff for cars. I just don't want to wade through Chinese crap and deadbeats on my way to finding items I'm interested.

T.C.

zonedoubt
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 18 2009, 12:49 PM) *

Just modify your search a little more. You can search Porsche 914 with having badges show up.

Just type

Porsche 914 -badge

Into the search.

This will eliminate the 140 or so auctions with the word badge.

This works with any search you do. And you can use multiple words to delete out.

Or the seller could just follow the rules so as not to inconvenience the buyers.

eBay policy...

Members are not permitted to engage in any activity for the purpose of inappropriately gaining attention or diverting members to a listing. This includes any activity that harms the shopping experience by making it difficult for buyers to find the items they are looking for. Ultimately, it is the seller's responsibility to ensure that each listing accurately reflects the item being sold, while not using any unfair methods to divert members to their listing. This includes, but is not limited to, a listing's title, subtitle, item specifics, description, pictures, links, and meta tags.
JRust
confused24.gif
QUOTE(736conver @ Jan 18 2009, 01:11 PM) *

I have my search bookmarked as

porsche -license -emblem -badge -rotors

Another cool serach you can do is go into Ebay Motors and type this into the search

914 -porsche

It will bring up all misspelled version of Porsche, some other junk shows up too, but you can get to all the "hidden" 914 auctions.

Like this one

NEW PORSHE 914 TRUNK RELEASE
Or this one
Porsch 914 rear stub axle fits 70-77 yr

This applies to most search engines including our own on this board.

I tried it this way "porsche -badges -liscense -emblem -rotors 914" It still pulled up everything including the badges. What am I doing wrong confused24.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 18 2009, 06:45 PM) *

I tried it this way "porsche -badges -liscense -emblem -rotors 914" It still pulled up everything including the badges. What am I doing wrong confused24.gif

Try "-badge" (singular).

Todd Enlund
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 18 2009, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 18 2009, 06:45 PM) *

Try "-badge" (singular).

Even better, try "-badge*"

Adding "-emblem*" takes another 40-50 hits away.
sixnotfour
Or the seller could just follow the rules so as not to inconvenience the buyers.

eBay policy...

Members are not permitted to engage in any activity for the purpose of inappropriately gaining attention or diverting members to a listing. This includes any activity that harms the shopping experience by making it difficult for buyers to find the items they are looking for. Ultimately, it is the seller's responsibility to ensure that each listing accurately reflects the item being sold, while not using any unfair methods to divert members to their listing. This includes, but is not limited to, a listing's title, subtitle, item specifics, description, pictures, links, and meta tags.

RJMII
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Jan 18 2009, 07:42 PM) *

eBay policy...

edited.
RJMII
edited.
RJMII
edited.
PeeGreen 914
biggrin.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 18 2009, 11:05 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the real estate help, Jon! much appreciated. =o)

edited.
RJMII
edited.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 18 2009, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 18 2009, 11:05 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the real estate help, Jon! much appreciated. =o)

130281544284, 130281544307, 130281544352, 130267644956,
150321203560, 130281544416, 150321203626, 130281544626,
150321203795, 130281544852

beerchug.gif Always happy to help
RJMII
edited.
RJMII
edited.
RJMII
I'll do more tomorrow or the next day. =o) or should I wait and watch?

eBay should definitely take notice with 70 items from the same seller being reported, especially if we all act quickly and report all 70.
736conver
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 18 2009, 09:26 PM) *

eBay policy...

Ebay is not going to pull his listings there are no violations.
I dont see him guilty of any of the above. Even though he may be a shady/poor customer service fellow.

RJMII
If you look at the badges and the keywords used, they don't really have anything to do with what's written on them. smile.gif the badges have state names on them, and he is using all sorts of car keywords. The listing violations that he is guilty of are "over use of brand names or celebrity names.." and "location..." Where exactly is monsoon season?
charliew
I just found this thread. Over the past several years I have bought maybe 20k in car parts mostly on ebay. I got ripped about 4 times on car stuff and 1 time on mill parts. The mill part was a table feed that was only about 80 miles from me the shipping was way out of line for the 11 pound weight and the feed had a broken switch and missing bottom cover. I asked about the shipping charges and he didn't reply. He had good feedback.The guy got smart and said to return it after first renigging and I already had ordered the repair parts. He got me for about 90.00 too much. About two months later he had the balls to ask me if I wanted to withdraw our feedback mutually and I said I could live with my honest feedback and would have to live with his. On feedback he screwed me and gave me neg feedback. He got more neg. feedback was why he was talking to me again. Now that can't happen but I never got any money on all but one and that was a motor and tranny in Illinois. The only neg. feedback I ever got was retribution for giving honest nfb and ebay finally fixed that.

A lot of people have serious life challenges but your honesty is something that can't be easily repaired. We all remember the bad experiences and sort of take for granted or forget the good ones. Giving someone some junk as non interest payment is like finding someone to haul junk off free. I have a friend that brings everything he is throwing away to my place and says throw it away if you don't want it because he won't have to find a way to dispose of it. I use goodwill a lot.

Is there something wrong about posting the names of crooks that we buy from. After about three different hits for bad experiences on a individual seller would be enough for me to look somewhere else.

One of the sellers was in Canada and I really check the sellers out up there now.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 19 2009, 08:06 AM) *

One of the sellers was in Canada and I really check the sellers out up there now.

More than you would check out US sellers? huh.gif
charliew
The guy in canada seemed great and the two 915 shifters I bought might have gotten held up in customs but he never made any attempt to fix the problem. Of course he just took his money out of paypal and so they didn't give me any back 240.00 down the tube to canada. I know there are crooks everywhere but it seems harder to go over the border to get reimbursement. I have since bought stuff from canada I just check the seller out better.

I've come to expect the description not to be as thorough and accurate as I would give on most used parts on ebay. I just bought some 68 911 rear backing plates and 84 944 rear emer brake parts from two salvage yards online and that buying is nothing like being there and looking at the parts in person, the parts are useable but in person I would have probably gotten lower prices. Every seller's opinion of the item they are selling will be different from what the buyer's opinion is I guess.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 19 2009, 11:33 AM) *

The guy in canada seemed great and the two 915 shifters I bought might have gotten held up in customs but he never made any attempt to fix the problem......

Not saying on this case, but if it gets held up up in customs your SOL, also how did he ship? If it was Canada post (the cheapest way to ship) they will not even open a tracking file for 8 weeks. Nothing you (or he) can do about that. If it has to get there on time you must pay extra for tracking or go UPS, Fedex, etc.
charliew
I'm pretty sure it was canada post. I was and am in no hurry. That was a coupla years ago.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 19 2009, 12:37 PM) *

I'm pretty sure it was canada post. I was and am in no hurry. That was a coupla years ago.

OK, I have had this problem twice with shipping stuff to the UK. Both times I got told they wouldn't do anything till the 8 weeks. Both times the items arrived just before the wait time was up.

Canada post is the cheapest, most stuff I send to the states is there in 10-14 days but sometimes this happens. I've shipped 100's of packages and although late they've never lost one. (knock on wood)
Jasfsmith
I've had several transaction with Rene over the years and have never had a problem.

Though I do agree that the numerous badge listings is a bit much. I rather see one listing with group of similarly priced badges in one offering, with a link to individual badge selections in his store/other listing page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.