Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special Tool for Installing Roll Pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
This is a 6mm tool that holds the roll pin and squeezes it into the hole in the pedal cluster
veltror
I recently asked a question on how to get the bloody roll pin into the bloody pedal cluster cos it bloody well was not going in. What is this tool in the picture?

Roman
914Sixer
You take a pair of pliers and squeeze the roll pin into the barrel of shaft. I keeps the pin squeezed. I coat the pin with antisieze and drive it home.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 17 2009, 07:09 PM) *

This is a 6mm tool that holds the roll pin and squeezes it into the hole in the pedal cluster

Cool. I hate that job.
Where do you get that tool?
I was able to do the last one in the shop but it wasn't pleasant, and I can't imagine trying to do it away from home. I'd gladly tape one of my spare roll pins to that tool & toss them both into the road-trip toolbox...
Porsche Rescue
I have had good results using a vise as a press. Start the pin with a few hammer taps, then go to the vise. Also remove it using the vise, deep socket to catch the pin on one side and a short bolt slightly slimmer than the pin on the other....presto.
veltror
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jan 18 2009, 04:51 PM) *

I have had good results using a vise as a press. Start the pin with a few hammer taps, then go to the vise. Also remove it using the vise, deep socket to catch the pin on one side and a short bolt slightly slimmer than the pin on the other....presto.

Well the vice broke and the roll pin just laughed at me laugh.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
Porsche Rescue
Sorry to hear that. I have done it at least 5 times with a cheap Harbor Freight vise.
r_towle
Heat it up red hot, get a BFH and beat the crap out of it...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.